It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RC Plane Flies Over US Space Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A remote controlled plane with a camera flies over the US Space Center in Huntsville. You can see a bunch of current and past space craft including the Saturn V. Hope posting this doesnt reveal any classified government secrets.

Im not sure what to make of this. Im not sure what Im really seeing beside a bunch of space parts and crafts, is there anything Im not seeing? Is anything in this video important or just a good watch?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Footage,

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm sure that piloting a remote control aircraft over NASA or, for that matter, an airport, is illegal and a potential danger to any air traffic. Although this is a reckless thing to do, it certainly does give an interesting glimpse and point of view into something that, for most of us, is hidden.

This brings to mind the potential for "every man" to be their own espionage agency. With technology as it is, it is now possible for almost everyone to acquire RC aircraft which can be easily fitted with cameras and surveillance technology. Nothing is safe from prying eyes. But, still, one would definitely be open to prosecution for incursion into what is, most likely, restricted air space.

[edit on 9/15/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thank you, I must have forgotton to put the link.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

I'm sure that piloting a remote control aircraft over NASA or, for that matter, an airport, is illegal and a potential danger to any air traffic. Although this is a reckless thing to do, it certainly does give an interesting glimpse and point of view into something that, for most of us, is hidden.

This brings to mind the potential for "every man" to be their own espionage agency. With technology as it is, it is now possible for almost everyone to acquire RC aircraft which can be easily fitted with cameras and surveillance technology. Nothing is safe from prying eyes. But, still, one would definitely be open to prosecution for incursion into what is, most likely, restricted air space.

[edit on 9/15/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

Thank you for posting your opinion. I figured it would be a restricted airspace, but I wasn't quite sure what to make of the area, whether it was unusal and secretive or just something ordinary.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is the museum area right off the highway, where they have part of Space Camp.

For a few bucks, you can wander around all of that. It's well worth the time. I've spent many an hour in the museum, even though I have the "permanent unlimited E ticket ride" pass for MSFC and the Arsenal.

None of what you see is restricted in any way - Space Camp and the museum are off the base property.

The Saturn 5 looking vehicle that's erect is interesting - that was supposed to be an attraction. The idea was that they were going to build a gantry with an elevator you could ride to the capsule, with a white room etc at the top. You would get to experience something similar to that of the Apollo astronauts. But they ran out of money to finish the ride part. So now it just sits there.

Also the shuttle you see, it's a mockup but the parts of the SRB's are real. They scavenged the forward sections in 1999 and used them in a launch.

At any rate, it's well worth the time to visit if you're ever in Huntsville.

edit:

Here's the link to the museum. I forgot - if you really are into AF fun, some of the guys run a thing called "Aviation Challenge", you'll see it on the website. With the adult one, they used to have an unadvertised special where they'd run you through a bunch of 'real' simulators, then some of the more fun stuff like the ever popular "helo dunker" and a 34 foot tower slide (yay!). After you were used and abused, then you got to ride a de-mil'ed fighter, and for the coup de grace, they'd toss you out in the woods for a couple of days to be chum for some retired SFs that like camping out. Sort of SERE-lite. I don't know if they still have the "special".

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

new topics

top topics

join