It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Stats & Tracking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hello all, I have been around ATS for a while but this is my first thread.

I have searched and couldn't find anything about what I am going to request here.

There is quite a lot of discussion here about disinfo and whether or not government agencies may or may not have agents trying to influence the direction of ATS.

Recently there something came out where you were able to track changes to Wikipedia by certain organisations via their IP addresses.

ATS could have something similar.

I think it would be interesting to see if anyone at langley or wherever actually comes to ATS! I like the idea of ATS possiby being an unknown think tank for some of these agencies, I think it could be quite possible as the majority of users have something decent to say.

I am not asking for a list of spook affiliated members or anything, although it would be quite interesting to see

So guys, is there any chance of seeing this kind of info?

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong place or if it has already been covered, please direct me to where.

All the best.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Actually there is information about this but,,,,,,,,,,,, the only place I know of is a PodCast by SkepticOverlord he mentions all the government agency's that come here.
Sorry I don't remember which PodCast it is in though.

[edit on 15/9/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
IP information is available to the staff as needed for T&C enforcement, but I doubt it will ever be publicly available to all members due to privacy concerns.

[edit on 9/15/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I understand the privacy concens and agree with this stance, but is there any chance of any sanitised data coming out?

It woud be interesting to see, not just government agencies but the media also (and others I am sure), could turn out that Fox or somebody is getting their stories straight off of ATS

I bet there is some very interesting stuff in those log files!

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Agent X calls up the ATSMIX show and reveals the number of people who have accessed ATS from the likes of Nasa, CIA, .MIL etc.

You will need to listen to the ATSMIX shows. I think the ATSMIX show before they when to the Bay Area UFO expo has something from Agent X

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
ever heard of internet privacy? If privacy is something you cherish, you might grant that same privacy to government employees.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We've provided "spooky" ATS traffic from time to time, mostly via the "AGENT X" segment of ATS MIX... but it's increasingly hard to "parse out" specific goverment traffic. In just the past 30 days, we've had traffic from over 60,000 different network locations. Our massive size and popularity makes these kinds of interesting reports more and more difficult.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'd think a government agency would be a bit more careful than to not mask their IP, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Wow, 60,000 locations is a lot to analyse!

Send me the CSV file, I can use Access

Can the 'spooky' activity be attributed to more than staff having a quick look in their lunch hours?

Also are there any strange spiders/bots that make the rounds over the ATS pages on a regular basis?

Thanks for the quick response too!

new topics

top topics

join