It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Awkward question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This just occured to me recently, after discussing the Northridge quake on mIRC lately. This might not be the place but I figured i would try it here nevertheless. Ever since I' was a child, I've had awkward things happen, odd memories, dreams that a few people called false dreams (or false something I forgot now =\ ). And lately i've been reading about things about abductees and the like. I'm not one to be easily suggested but...While I was in CA, I had most of my odd 'dreams' and memories. Also linked with these, was, for a lack of a better word, in tune with the earth. The best way to describe this for me...I had awkward feelings before earthquakes hit, and when they did, I would become violently ill either after, or even days after the quake. And it isnt/wasn't limited to earthquakes. Every time the earth shook (including Aftershocks), I would feel the same way, and usually end up vomiting. Considering I can sleep right through the suckers, I wouldn't say it was the stress of feeling the ground move (I've lived with them for quite awhile), however once I moved out here to New Mexico, I have not been sick like that. Although I do feel a hell of a lot of anxiety now that i've been here, plus now I have more sinister dreams, and disaster dreams, and one that gives me a dang headache (Its a huge mathematical equation that starts solving itself). If anyone has had anything similar happen or can explain what the heck is going on (it might not even be alien/ufo related), please let me know, it never occurred to me until today after my discussion...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just wanted to bump this and hopefully get some answers by people who are knowledgeable in the area, I'm suprised 70 views but no replies
Someone has to have some kind of idea, right?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Although only a movie, the film "Phenomenon" with John Travolta addresses something similar. In it, his character has a heightened sense of perception and sensitivity toward energy, and he becomes nauseated prior to a quake when nearing a fault line. I forget his explaination, but I think it had something to do with magnetic waves being released into the air that he was sensitive to, and he explained that many animals were highly sensitive to this and reacted the same way.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh I see, I'll have to watch that movie, I've never seen it before
Would it be the same way for light bulbs, batteries and electronics perhaps?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

TeOh I see, I'll have to watch that movie, I've never seen it before
Would it be the same way for light bulbs, batteries and electronics perhaps?

Yes the moving is worth watching at least for the entertainment value. I am one of the light bulb people you spoke of if your are referring to those who put burnout lights just by walking or driving pass them.

Whenever there is a disaster of some sort I feel dizzy, upset stomach and a general feelin of being just out of it. The intensity and lenght is determined by the scale of the disaster. Bigger once can bother me for several weeks. The smaller once bother me only while they are occuring.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Theoretically, it might. We all carry an electromagnetic field that extends past our skin. It can be measured, and effects sensitive electromagnetic field measuring devices. If a persons field is stronger than average or extends further around them, it might possibly effect sensitive electronics and/or energy sources.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sanity: Good to see I'm not the only one who gets those feelings.

Dimensional: Would an above-average magnetic field also be a reason why certain individuals are targeted by ET's? In my case, I cant say for sure, but the electro-magnetic field around me isnt the only thing that's been going on since I was a kid, just one grain of sand in the hourglass, so to speak. *shrugs* I've just always been confused about these kinds of things, and Never want to discuss them, but I think it's about damn time, yanno? Hiding isnt gonna do anything for me, I want to know what the hell happened (or is happening) to me. Maybe i'm just nutty, But I want to know.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Only speculating: MANY abductees claim to influence electronic devices, such as streetlights acting strange when they're walking underneath them.

If one gets into the implant hypothesis end of things-the implants themselves seem to give off a highly charged EMF frequency/field, which could possibly further effect the energetical medium in the vicinity.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well I don't seem to keep Hard Drives very long either. ._.;; Usually they'll crash and I'll have to reformat. Since my family's first computer, once I started playing on it, They've had to replace sound cards, video cards, motherboards, hard drives, even the whole PC (They've had a total of 6, 7 if you want to count the laptop). I'm an expensive little devil. I've had my external HD crash on me (it came back, after a good and thurough *sp?* reformatting...lost all my data...rrrr)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, you know how Cetaceans communicate, right? It's by ultra-low frequency sound.

You might be sensitive to that. Supposedly there are low frequencies that can do things like make your intestines relax (
).

So though you can't communicate through (i.e. decipher) these low frequencies, they may be in harmonic with your body.

(it's known that earthquakes and seismic phenomena can generate these UL-F waves)

Make sense? (just a guess)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I guess that would explain why I love Dolphins and Killer whales
But how does that happen anyway? Just a freak occurence that someone would be sensitive to ULF? I'm feeling more informed after these answers, but I'm still stuffed to the brim with questions....

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is there another thread regarding lights, etc. going off while walking/driving under them that someone can link me to? I have noticed this more often than to be coincidence.
RR

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Very interesting. Ive never heard of it before, but there seems to be a general feeling of everyones consciousness growing right now. Maybe you are so sensitive that you are picking up things the rest of us dont... or something.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Well, total speculation here, but maybe you're 'resonating' like a tuning fork?

Take this with a grain of salt, though.

Why just you? Who knows. Maybe you just happen to be tuned to that frequency. Can you not hum and make your teeth and sometime the bones of your head vibrate? Could be similar to that. Your size and shape and bones and body is constructed such that it sympathetically vibrates.

Again, just a wild theory...I'm not suggesting you have a vertigial whale organ in your inner ear or anything dramatic like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by Chiiru

Well, total speculation here, but maybe you're 'resonating' like a tuning fork?

Take this with a grain of salt, though.

Why just you? Who knows. Maybe you just happen to be tuned to that frequency. Can you not hum and make your teeth and sometime the bones of your head vibrate? Could be similar to that. Your size and shape and bones and body is constructed such that it sympathetically vibrates.

Again, just a wild theory...I'm not suggesting you have a vertigial whale organ in your inner ear or anything dramatic like that.

thats quite an interesting theory.. never heard of it explained like that, of course, I don't really share my experiences to anyone, this was kind of a "look i dropped my pants, lets see who kicks it" kind of thing. Im glad to see no flaming or calling me weird

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The book "The Secret" explains how our nervous system acts as a "transmission tower" for tuning into the universal "law of attraction" that allows us to receive what we want in life simply by focusing on it.

If our bodies have this ability, this could have something to do with this phenomenon. You may want to read the book or see the movie.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
thanks, ill check it out. i think my friends were wanting me to see it a few months ago, as something like a supplimental to the 'Intenders' meetings I would attend with them.. High time I should finally look into it.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well i have to say that kinda thing (with the bulbs), happened to me too, lot's of times, so i can't really dismiss it as coincidence. But the bulbs don't break, when i walk past the street light, they only turn off and also not always, but quite a lot of times. I remember scaring the hell out of my previous girlfriend by showing her happen three times in a row. But I'm not claiming I'm an abductee, well at least not to my knowledge. And similar thing, though I'm not sure they're connected, happens with the dice or the darts. I mean i can imagine a certain number and when i throw the dice, there a 30% chance, that it shows, same thing with the darts. But those things really happened more when i was younger, not so anymore today...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
ok so this is why I hate going to sleep (mini-rant):

I keep getting woken up by noises, I'm scared to death of home intrusion, I wake up a lot to check the lock on my door to make sure the door hasn't opened on its own (it loves to do that
), I heard weird crap going on around my house all night, I tried to go to bed around 9 last night since I was feeling pretty miserable (I have a cold =\ ), I was woken up at midnight, took me another 3+ hours to fall asleep.
Occasionally I'll get the mosquito bite on my foot. Thats all I have in this house. Mosquitos (well and flies, but I have those hangy sticky strip dealies, and they NEVER go into my room. weird). I make sure there aren't any spiders and whatnot, I spray all the time. This is where I become very irritated: A few months ago, I wake up feelin all kinds of groggy and disoriented, and notice there's a huge raised red area on my leg. It's too big for a spider and definately too humongous for a mosquito. it was very tender, didn't itch, didn't show signs of bite(s). It disappeared between 3-7 days. I wake up this morning, its back, but on my tattoo, same leg even! Its tender, about the same size as the one on the back of my leg months ago. It's not red-red, its just pink. And to boot, I recently recieved some kind of burn on my breasts (Is it ok to say breasts here?) the burn is in an odd spot, couldn't have been from the sun. It's finally starting to peel and go away...then as of late I know i've been dreaming, but I cant remember, its like right at the edge of my tongue kind of thing. This is kind of bothering me...
any explinations? I need some answers.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RudyRed

Strange you should mention street lamps going out in your presence. According to Dr. Richard Boylan, noted researcher of the Star Visitors and Star Kids phenomena, one of the most discernable qualities of star seeds and star kids is that streetlights blow out in their presence.

If you think there is an ET connection, you should check out his website, www.drboylan.com and he also has a few groups on yahoo which can connect you with people with similar experiences. Hope this helps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join