It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I regained my faith

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Now I want to keep this a peaceful thread, so if anyone has something mean to say, then don't say it at all.

Now I used to be athiest, until very recently when I realized how much god has been with me my entire life.

When I was a kid in elementary school, each year one of us would have to take baby chickens home and watch them for two weeks. You get picked in a draw, and I won that draw out of 30+ people for three years in a row. Why? Becaused I prayed for it. Now don't get me wrong, when you are a kid, you pray for silly things.

Ever since 2004, I found that everything I pray for, is always answered. Now I believe that god only gives you what you need, and truely deserve. Also he has a plan for the poor and homeless, so that's why they aren't successful.

What I pray for includes signs, hope, protection, to heal wounds, to keep animals from dying, confidence, peacefulness, help, and other personal things.

I prayed for a sign once, and I always get one before I'm about to sin. When I pray for hope, within minutes I find myself full of it. I have prayed for protection before from something I rather not say, and it was answered. I prayed to heal my sick dog, who had less than 10% chance of living and she lived. I pray to heal my wounds, and miraculously, they always heal very quickly. One time long ago, I had this huge strange wart on my foot. This wart had an impression going into my foot. I prayed to heal it, and in a day, it was gone. When I pray for confidence and peacefulness, I always get it. When I pray for help, I always get it.

And then theres personal things that I will refrain from revealing in this forum.

In this year, I have encountered two spiritual expriences. The first one was last spring, where I had my first nightmare in years. In it, I was unable to wake myself up (which is what I usually do when I get those) and I felt intense pain and immobility. I then said in my head (god get me out of this), and instantly I felt like I was being pulled up out of that nightmare. When that happened, I saw myself speeding though this wormhole like tunnel, and reality (my bedroom) in the distance getting larger and larger. Then I woke up feeling some invisible force pulling my upper torso forward about 3 inches.

Now the other day my alarm woke me up for work, but I was so tired, I feel back asleep. In about five minutes into my dream, I felt an invisible shake on my shoulder, and I instantly woke up. I would of been late for work, and yelled at. So this was very helpful. I took this as spiritual because no where in my life or any one's elses has something woke them up to keep them from falling into trouble.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Athiest, if your going to say something mean, then don't say anything at all. I want to keep this a peaceful thread.

well... i just find this offensive. we atheists here on ATS have been quite respectful of people. we don't say stuff that's mean, we attack arguments.

that's my only comment on your actual post. it's your story, believe what you want. just don't try to ignore obvious realities in the process of believing your religion, for your own good.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

I probably, wouldn't have started out my starting 'attention-getter' sentence attacking atheists.

This is YOUR thread tho...

There is nothing wrong with declaring your faith within all logistics of life and the ethereal.

Be mindful of your opening approach.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Well I just got done reading about 2 threads with athiests attacking other people's beliefs.

I just don't want anyone critizing my beliefs.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Ok, I changed my opening sentence.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Athiest, if your going to say something mean, then don't say anything at all. I want to keep this a peaceful thread.

just don't try to ignore obvious realities in the process of believing your religion, for your own good.

*Sorry mods if this is excessive posting

Thanks for the advice

I prayed to get my faith back, and it worked.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes wildcat, God is always watching. There are saints who have talked to angels they had so much faith, but we live not in the age of faith anymore.

Ill mention one instant in my life, a literal miracle.

I was going on pilgrimage, but I needed to have a bike to exercise so that I would have the stamina to walk a full 70 miles in upper NY.

So most of the ten speeds at walmart were 80s plus, we checked before hand. Well I had just (55) dolloars left over and did not think I would find a bike for that price.

Well, we went and fond a red and blue bike for 53 dollars, the cheapest ten spead and the only one in the place.

Now, to make it more amazing, the sticker I some how checked out to see the date on it.

It was made on May 31st 2004, thats when it was made.

My birthday is may 31st.

qoincidence?

Its impossible. He watches every second.

This is only one of the 100s of things me my family have seen. How he works is amazing.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Well I just got done reading about 2 threads with athiests attacking other people's beliefs.

well, that's good. atheists are attacking other people's beliefs... they aren't attacking the people.

the latter would be mean.

then don't throw your beliefs out there. this is a problem i see in many religious people, they don't want their beliefs criticized when they talk about them.

if you believe it, you shouldn't mind people criticizing it.

and i'm happy you changed your opening line.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
*bump

I respect atheists, I used to be one too.

I sometimes think that my two experiences were all "mind tricks". But since everyone of my prayers have been answered, that thought always quickly fades away.

God doesn't want to interfere with this world, he has a plan for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

then don't throw your beliefs out there. this is a problem i see in many religious people, they don't want their beliefs criticized when they talk about them.

if you believe it, you shouldn't mind people criticizing it.

I'm sorry I worded it wrong. I mean that I don't want any fights that completely throw the topic off and derail the thread.

I don't care if someone criticizes my beliefs, as long as they do it in a courteous manner.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Now, to make it more amazing, the sticker I some how checked out to see the date on it.

It was made on May 31st 2004, thats when it was made.

My birthday is may 31st.

qoincidence?

Its impossible. He watches every second.

Well if that happened to me, I wouldn't automatically jump to concluding that god did that. But there are 12 months and 365 days, so this may of been caused by god.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I'm sorry I worded it wrong. I mean that I don't want any fights that completely throw the topic off and derail the thread.

understood.

I don't care if someone criticizes my beliefs, as long as they do it in a courteous manner.

ok, for future reference i shall keep things as civil as possible.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thank you madness

Also I'd like to add that I believe all religions on this earth are false. I believe in a loving God who created this universe and doesn't like to interfere with life.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

at least you're not drinking the intelligent design kool-aid, which is always a respectable thing

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The construct is immaculate. Intelligence. Think, we get most of our knowledge from what we interact with, our mind is included in this creation. We learn from what has been laid out before us.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I find it strange that humans do not have the instinct of reproduction. Every other species on this planet does, but we don't. Does this have something to do with intelligence?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by wildcat

at least you're not drinking the intelligent design kool-aid, which is always a respectable thing

I don't see how creationism is possible. God is most likely similar to what those 16th or 17th century scientists thought.

I think it's called dietism

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
" intelligent design koolaid "

Well, if you have a deepness you can see that our bodies are perfectly made for each other, man women, perfectly fit for each other.

We have body parts that were made perfectly for design like the buttocks, breast I have pointed out.

Its not koolaid, but seeable to the eyes, that evolution cannot do this good.

peace.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
JiT, I have nothing against you, but I have a possible explanation for your statement.

Male dolphins think that female dolphins are made perfect. They don't see a female human ever being beautiful.

This goes to all animals in fact.

So if you were from a different species, then you would think that species females are perfectly made for you.

I'm sorry if you disagree with this and if I sound like I'm on the atheist side. As we have very different beliefs but one thing in common, we both believe in god.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by wildcat]

[edit on 22-9-2007 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

you're a catholic, no?

as a catholic, it's really not a valid position to take up ID. the last two consecutive popes have realized that evolution is the correct theory and that it doesn't really conflict with their beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join