It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its feels like it is pre-revolutionary war....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Of course I wasnt in the usa during the revolution, but from what I've read about it it feels like the usa isnt as organized as it should be.... I mean our borders are wide open, we have little militias going around (i.e minutemen, etc..) a lot of people do not agree with our foreign policy... It seems as a lot of us wants to break away from our government....

Which of course in the 1700s you could do but now there is just too many people with power to do that.... unfortunately

what do you think?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I sometimes think that things might be changing, then I remember a interview on TV with a Nixon Official.

He described the anti Vietnam war movement (pharaphrasing from memory)

There were protesters throwing matresses from an overpass as I drove to the white house, as I walked in I passed National Guard troops with loaded weapons sitting on the floors of the halls resting before going back out to the White House lawn. It felt like a civil war, I knew things had to change.

I forget his name, I forget the show, but today 90% of Americans have a very limited knowledge of anything outside of there work, American Idol, and football games. We are far from revolution. They will throw us Hillary let the media claim the big revolution that is occuring as NeoCons leave power, and nothing will change for 8 years. By then they will have rewritten Bush's Presidential history, and Jeb Bush will be given the White House in 2016.

new topics

join