It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How do you attach an avatar to your name? I am, apparently, internet illiterate.
Thanks,

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well this only works on pictures on the internet. Find a picture you like, click 'Your Control Panel' then click 'Edit Profiles' section you should see a field that says, avatar or something similar. It is really asking for the address where this program can find it and show it to everyone. I have Earthlink so I have a website with them, I uploaded the Lamborghini Diablo to my site and copied (copy & paste) the web address into the avatar field. And if you look to the left you will see the Diablo from Gran Turismo 3 for the PlayStation2. That's what I wanted for my avatar. If you look at NetChicken's He used a popular photo/graphics program to manipulate the picture the way he wants it. You can even animate the avatar. Keep in mind there are pixel size and byte size limitations. I think if you right click on some of the avatars and look at the properties, you can find the pixel and byte size and if you use these to go by you can't go wrong. Maybe the others can explain it better.
-Troy

PS: Here is the notification everyone got recently which tells about the size restrictions.

Going forward, here are the ATS Avatar and Signature Standards:

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes should not exceed 75k, and animated GIFs are allowed.
No profanity. No 3rd party advertising except for your own personal website(s).

Signatures

A maximum of five lines of text, with any graphic image counting as one line.
GIF and JPEF file formats for any images with a maximum dimension of 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall. File sizes should not exceed 25k, and animated GIFs are allowed.
No profanity. No 3rd party advertising other than links and copy to your own personal website(s).

Non-compliance

If you receive a warning from a moderator to alter your signature to comply with the guidelines above, you will have 48 hours to make the changes. If you do not make the alterations within the reasonable timeframe, and the offending material is not corrected, it will be deleted from your profile for you without warning.
Repeated non-compliance may result in being banned from ATS.
-Troy

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by troylawson]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well that is the silly silly picture I wanted to use but it is WAY WAY WAY to big. Is there a way I can make it smaller?

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by observer]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whoa, scarry at first.

You type [size: 160x320 then the .jpg or .gif here] I think.

PS: After the avatar url .jpg or .gif, you put height=100 width=160 something like that. This works at EZBoard. I haven't tried it here though.

[Edited on 4-12-2002 by troylawson]

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There, i could not find a small enough pic of the silly monkey so i chose a pic of the person i am writing my thesis on who is also a rather interesting guy:

top topics

join