It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel Consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't know where to post this but I can try this place. I was thinking about parallel universes and then it hit me. I do not believe they are universes but are in fact universal consciousness. I will try to explain this.

I have heard that parallel universes are created when an event happens. This event could be a decision,event, or action you create. For example. I decide to go on a trip with my family and before the trip happens an event occurs such as a death in the family. In a parallel universe we actually went on the trip because no one in the family died. This is a split in an event. These things are happening all the time. This is the concept I have heard creates parallel universes.

I have a theory to explain the event we call Deja Vu. During the split which causes the parallel universe we are still connected with it through our consciousness. When we have a Deja Vu these parallel universes collide. The event of the Deja Vu happens in all the parallel universes you have created in your life time. It's like a singularity of them all, a single point in time and space where they meet.

It's like your brain is degaussing. The electromagnetic energy your brain builds up suddenly dissipates like when you degauss your monitor to get rid of the electromagnetic build up.

If this is in the wrong forum then please move it. What is your thoughts on what parallel universes and Deja Vu could be?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I disagree. I think deja vu is merely an illusion that something is being recalled when it in fact is not. I think it is a defective experience, but nothing to be alarmed about.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I had a deja vu last year at my dads house. When it happened I stopped everything and started thinking hard and trying to rewind the deja vu. I tried to recall what that event was by back tracking inside the deja vu. When I did this I came to the conclusion that my son was in trouble at school. When I stopped at my mothers house before going home to be there when he got out of school she told me the school called. Turned out he got suspended for a couple of day. Now explain that one.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Does your son get in trouble a lot?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

Does your son get in trouble a lot?

No. He was never in trouble before and had never been suspended. It was nothing on my mind if thats what your thinking. The strange thing is your link which I checked out and at the bottom shows parallel universes and I thought I just made up all this stuff based on a theory. Looks like others are thinking the same thing.

Have you ever had the sense you had been at a certain place before? This is the consciousness on the other parallel universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No, although I am a firm believer in parallel universes, I've never had deja vu, so I can't comment from personal experience. Since at least some deja vu has an identifiable medical cause, I think it's only reasonable to presume that perhaps all of it does, if only we looked hard enough.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think Dejavu is something we have

A: Experienced
B: made up subconsciously
C: I dont know:-)

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

I believe in the conciousness that we are every where at once and can travel mentally. Or that we may have been places before, in past livesIn the common experience, i think it's mostly just your brain and how it puts things together, relates what it has seen in the past.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread. I suggest you look into the many minds theory.

In Everett's conception the mind of an observer is split by the measuring process as a consequence of the decoherence induced by measurement. In many minds each physical observer has a postulated associated continuous infinity of minds. The decoherence of the measuring event (observation) causes the infinity of minds associated with each observer to become categorized into distinct yet infinite subsets, each subset associated with each distinct outcome of the observation. No minds are split, in the many minds view, because it is assumed that they are all already always distinct.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I've had several deja vu events in my life.
Everyone that I've had, I recall that I've dreamed it.
And, speaking of parallel universes, I believe dreams have the ability to access the 'you' in those other universes.
So if it's possible for your dreams to pick up on parallel universes, why not the future?
Could there be a parallel universe that is the exact same as our universe only in a future time?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What if we could go four ways, supposedly we have something that can be called two souls in one, or the two brain hemispheres or whatever. train each one to track past and present future, the other using the day/night forces, in a similar vain, or as an anchor point in another dimension. kind of like the stripes of a tiger, suppose this "tiger" exists in half black land, half orange land meaning they brought two different worlds into one, creating a super aware, super killer. is there not a super computer like this? not human of course.

new topics

top topics

join