It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if The CIA assassinated the President of Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What would be the repercussions if the CIA succeeded in assassinating the President of Iran? What do Y'all think would occur if this happened?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
What would be the repercussions if the CIA succeeded in assassinating the President of Iran? What do Y'all think would occur if this happened?

I believe the reaction would be similar to what they might do if attacked. I don't see how that approach would be an effective one. And it would surely invite reciprocity on the part of Iran and it's proxies.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The www.abovetopsecret.ir site would be full of threads about how it was an inside job by the Quds Force.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Iran is a theocratic republic. The religious leaders there hold power in the same way the Queen of England rules Australia and Canada. They hold the true administrative powers, but are not burdened with the duties of government.

To rule the people is a chore. To rule the leaders is power.

You knock off the front man the show still goes on.

What would they do? It depends if someone got caught, or left a smoking gun.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What would happen is that some groups would loose their enemy and could therefore no longer sustain and justify certain actiions. The weaker a government, the more enemies it NEEDS.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why would they assassinate him? He doesn't have the real power. He is only a circus clown.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

What justification would they have?
Just because the Iranian President was not democratically elected, by our standards, does not give us the right to intefere with the government of an independant country, unless we were actually at war, which we are not, yet.

We must accept that the whole of the world does not want democracy and who are we and from whom did we get the right to impose our beliefs and systems on others.
Surely this is no different from Muslim extremists wishing to impose Sharia Law on us.

They have no right to do so, and neither do we.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Why would they assassinate him? He doesn't have the real power. He is only a circus clown.

I asked that because I assumed He was the Captain guiding the Ship.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I asked that because I assumed He was the Captain guiding the Ship.

Yup, I understand. And you are not alone in assuming that he is the Captain. Anyway, I believe that an assassination of any Iranian leader would be seen as a declaration of war

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
While the Major would be thrilled that a couple of Langley boys finally get off their REMF butts and justify that bottomless pit that they call a budget at the alphabet soup company; the fact of the matter is the conversation whilst passing the canteen will be far better if he gets ventilated buy his own puppet masters.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

What justification would they have?
Just because the Iranian President was not democratically elected, by our standards, .....

The election was democratic. The people voted and the man with the most votes won. In some ways thats more democratic than the American electoral system.

But the religious leaders effectively have the power to say who will not run, and they can fire the winner if he doesn't O-bay.

The power to destroy something is the power to control it. And its not just the president. Anyone in the gov can find themselves on the street at the word of religious authorities. On the surface the President, his cabinet, and the legislative bodies carry on the actions of government, but the strings are pulled from behind the curtain.

In America the controllers rule through the media.....

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What would be the repercussions if the CIA What would happen if The CIA assassinated the President of Iran?

As long as they didn't get caught it would save the world a whole lotta' mess which will be coming our way if that guy isn't taken out.

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The only way to destroy Iran is to destroy Islam's ideology. We are at war not with Iran nor Iraq, but with Islam. That mean Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, etc should be on "the list".

Yeah, I know I'm drastic and being absolutist, but how do you kill weed?

Courtesy is Mandatory
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread6688/pg1]Terms And Conditions

[edit on 9-13-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It wouldn't do one bit of good. Like America, there is a line of succession. If and when the President is no longer able to serve people under him get to step up.

And even if you take out head religious leaders the system for their sccession is already in place.

Snips from the Iranian Constitution:

www.iranonline.com...

The form of government of Iran is that of an Islamic Republic, endorsed by the people of Iran.....through the affirmative vote of a majority of 98.2% of eligible voters....held after Islamic Revolution.

continuous leadership (imamah) and perpetual guidance, and its fundamental role in ensuring the uninterrupted process of the revolution of Islam;

The Grand Ayatullah is refered to as 'the Leader'. Islamic experts are elected by the people. They review the candidates and select the best[supposedly]. There is where the real powers lie, not the elected President.

Following are the duties and powers of the Leadership:

1.Delineation of the general policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran after consultation with the Nation's Exigency Council.
2.Supervision over the proper execution of the general policies of the system.
3.Issuing decrees for national referenda.

Article 60

The functions of the executive, except in the matters that are directly placed under the jurisdiction of the Leadership by the Constitution, are to be exercised by the president and the ministers

Poor guy.

Mod edit: please follow the quoting guidelines when uses external sources

[edit on 9/13/07 by FredT]

[edit on 9/13/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

The Iranian electorate comprises approximately 66% of the adult population.
I am struggling to find out exactly what criteria is required to enable someone to have the right to vote but one thing is certain, there is no universal suffrage, hence my asserition that Iranian elections are not quite as democratic as in the UK.
However, the % turnout certainly puts us to shame.

I was more interested in questioning our right to intefere in the politics of an independant country when we are not at war with them.
I for one resent any Islamic suggestion of imposing Sharia Law in the UK and will do anything in my power to resist it.
Why wouldn't an Iranian think the same about Western interference in their domestic politics?

I fear I am only debating incidentals which are irrelevant in the cold light of day.

In essence I agree entirely with your observation that true authority lies in the hands of the religous leaders in Iran at present.
Any assassination would not alter Iranian policy but would increase support for the religous leaders.

Regardless, I still think that a military confrontation is inevitable.
I hope i'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Also incidental, but worth considering, is the fact that Iran and Vatican city are the only Theocratic states left in the world today.

No where else do the highest religious figures hold the political power through law.

At least openly. In some cases, like the Church of England, you see the head of state as head of Church.

But thats not the same as head of Church being head of State.....

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If the CIA were to take out the POI I am sure they would do it in such a way as to make it look like it was committed by Iranian revolutionaries. I happen to wonder why the mullahs have not removed him before now. I would also suspect that they would be happy if he were assassinated. That way they wouldn't have to deal with him and his big mouth which is whats been putting them in the firing line of America and Israel.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IThinkTooMuch

I agree with you to a point. Remember that the president is basicaly a figurehead for the ruling religious clique. In the scenario you describe, the ruling lcique would basically have a free hand to consolodate power under the guise of dealing with those counter revolutionaries. The president would simply be replaced by another puppet.

Make no mistake the guy cant go to the bathroom without permission from the ruling Ayatollahs. The loose cannon thing is to use him a a lighting rod and scapegoat if things don't work out.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Many outcomes may happen, Al Qaeda tries to take hold of leadership. A chance for civil war similar to Iraq, or it could unite them even stronger and call out a Holy war. It is very hard to tell what would happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Somone just the same would take his place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join