It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That would be a lodge indeed.

In any case, some conspiracy-theorists would be surprised to find out how open minded we are towards their ATS-site.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Are you confused with Frat boys?

Guess it could be possible.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The thing is that we constantly have these conspiracy-theorists accusing freemasonry of vast and evil and secret agendas. What these CTs dont know is that if they would join a lodge, they would find a few like-minded friends

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the other posts. No urination in any of my degrees or any ones I have heard of. Maybe he was to get into the clampers?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
For those who believe in a connection between freemasonry and urolagnia, . . .

do you think that R. Kelly is a freemason? Is he divulging craft secrets in his videos?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
They will reject you for having tattoos? What on earth for?

Well........that pretty much shoots me out of the water from the jump

The man who raised me as a Master Mason was a Past Master of my Lodge, Past Potentate in the Shrine, a Templar, and a 33rd Degree member of the Scottish Rite. He was also a WWII Navy vet, and was covered from top to bottom in tattoos. Don't sweat it.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Technically there are degrees with higher numbers, however, there are no degrees "higher" than Master Mason. From personal experience, urinating is only done in the restrooms...

As for tattoos, I have one and other members have them in my lodge - Not an issue at all

[edit on 18-9-2007 by HBHC2007]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by BlackOps719
They will reject you for having tattoos? What on earth for?

Well........that pretty much shoots me out of the water from the jump

The man who raised me as a Master Mason was a Past Master of my Lodge, Past Potentate in the Shrine, a Templar, and a 33rd Degree member of the Scottish Rite. He was also a WWII Navy vet, and was covered from top to bottom in tattoos. Don't sweat it.

there is a huge difference between ww2 tattoos on someone 'grandfathered in' to a lodge, and a young kid with contemporary tattoos and tribals all over.

I have seen countless would-be brothers blackballed because of this. It's not a law or anything, just certain lodges are less liberal to stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If you have tats and they are offensive in some way then yes expect to be blackballed, but no Lodge should deny someone membership because of a tat. On that note, just because you find a Lodge that is really close to your location doesn't mean it's the only Lodge you can join. I visit Lodges in Indianapolis regularly and there are a few places I would not be a regular member of - not due to anything bad, but large differences of opinion.

If you're actually interested in joining make sure you talk to someone truly knowledgeable about your area and who can recommend a Lodge that is "liberal" enough to allow tats.

Also, you can see lots of Masonic tats: MasonicInk

Remember to look at the membership of each Lodge and don't just take someone's word for something. Tats and felonies do not immeditely disqualify you for membership.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was joining because I had friends in the organization, and the local lodge membership was dying off of old age so they were looking for new members. I left after I went through a initiation ritual that I considered occult.(my perception)

Search for Alex Jones and Bohemian Grove if you want to see an example of what I call occult rituals.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I guess a better question might be what types of hazing go on during the initiation process?

We could define the term hazing very loosely not just to include brutal and disgusting acts like physically beating an initiate and urinating on an initiate, but also any act that belittles or discomforts an initiate in any way. Masonic lodges may not beat their initiates, but they may engage mild forms of hazing like making initiates stand while full fledged members sit down, teasing the initiates, or giving the initiates more work.

My guess is that masonic hazing would be much milder compared to what goes on at many college fraternities and the military. I would also guess that it would vary from lodge to lodge. I would still guess that for the most part some form of very mild hazing is practiced. It could come in the form of teasing new initiates or making them do some form of extra work.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I guess a better question might be what types of hazing go on during the initiation process?

umm Swear your soul over to the lodges Demon of choice.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

In actual Masonry, there isn't much room for hazing. However, over the years, a large assortment of so-called "fun degrees" have popped up, which are based solely around hazing. The Shriners and Tall Cedars of Lebanon are good examples of the hazing-filled "fun degrees".

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

I would definitely agree with that Axeman. Now, who do we petition to get a charter.

As far as tatoo's go, lots of members of my lodge have them, myself included and that topic was never brought up during my interview with the investagations committee. Piercings, I have a few but they weren't a factor either. I was relieved of them anyway for a short time in the beginning and I don't wear them in lodge. I have taken most of them out except the earrings anyway so not a factor any more.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by GAOTU789]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

umm Swear your soul over to the lodges Demon of choice.

ummm.

No.

That's not it.

Thanks for playing, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

In actual Masonry, there isn't much room for hazing. However, over the years, a large assortment of so-called "fun degrees" have popped up, which are based solely around hazing. The Shriners and Tall Cedars of Lebanon are good examples of the hazing-filled "fun degrees".

If we were to define hazing very loosely, to include very mild acts like teasing an initiate, making him do extra work, making him sit in the back of the room, etc. Would hazing exist?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

In a word, no. At least not in my Lodge. We have an hour of fellowship followed by a dinner at my Lodge before our actual meetings start. Until you become a Master Mason, you aren't required to pay for your meal and your drink/s are bought for you in the hour preceding dinner. Kind of opposite of the rookie dinner on a sports team.

The only way you are"singled out" during your progression through the degrees is in where you sit during a lodge meeting and how your apron is worn. Neither is meant as a hazing or humiliation tactic, they both have relevance to the degree.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Probably, but I've never personally seen anything like that. Like the other Brother mentioned above, in my jurisdiction, the Candidates are treated as guests of honor, are the first to be served dinner, etc.

It's only *after* they become Master Masons that they're put to work!

The hazing in the so-called "fun degrees" is a different story. The Shrine Temples around here have a long history of putting candidates in diapers, giving them large baby bottles, then sending them into public establishments, usually bars, to try and raise money. Sort of funny, but also sort of asinine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join