It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bin Laden Video Fake, says CNET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

On the Friday before the sixth anniversary of 9/11, Osama bin Laden appeared in a new video, his first since prior to the U.S. presidential elections in 2004. In analyzing the video, Neal Krawetz of Hactor Factor, an expert on digital image forensics, said in his latest blogs that the video contained many visual and audio splices, and that all of the modifications were of very low quality."

www.news.com...

I had to post, although I highly doubt this surprises any of the readers here..

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It is not Bin Laden. The nose, beard is all wrong; as well as, the eyes. They obviously got a lookalike to pose as him. Don't forget Saddam had several lookalikes, and to keep the mythos going that he is alive using a double is the perfect way to do it.

Also, I can't see Bin Laden spending money to make himself look younger and less weathered from previous photos and video clips that we saw of him after that tragic day.

The nose was what told me straight away that it wasn't him. Also, if it was him what would be the point of him dying his beard and hair black. like he was about 20 years ago.

I didn't think it was him when I saw the clip on BBC and CNN.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
Also, I can't see Bin Laden spending money to make himself look younger and less weathered from previous photos and video clips that we saw of him after that tragic day.

i agree, isn't it against his religion to cut or color his beard anyway?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just read over Neal Krawetz' blog and I agree with him -- Bin Laden is Dead.

Dr. Krawetz sounds like he's knows his stuff and because of what I know about computer graphics, animation and video editing, there's no doubt in my mind that his professional analysis of those recent Bin Laden vid's are right on the mark.

So why is the news saying that these video's have been proven to be authentic? Well, in a way they are but if one reads over Krawetz's analysis of those video's, we see very clearly that they are anything but what they claim to be.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by luis9343

Quite the opposite.... there is actually a muslim tradition in coloring your beard. They were however according to some sources discouraged to use dark colors. Mohamad recommend covering up gray hair with henna or a dye called katam.

Muslims are not required to have a beard as the Prophet Mohhamad was said to have trimmed facial hair. I have many Islamic friends that are clean shaven. I have some that have a beard and a very small moustache. As far as trimming their beards, Muslims aren't supposed to keep from trimming their hair during the hajj, (the pilgrimage to Mecca)until at least until they've walked seven times around the Kaaba.

So, that being said, I will have to say that unless there are REAL professionals that can prove that this ISNT Osama, I believe it is in fact him.

Yes Saddam had body doubles...for public appearences...not to tape video messages.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think OBL is dead, too. He had known medical issues prior to the war, and I'm guessing it is going to have had a toll on his health. The guy in the video is not OBL (too many differences in facial features), aside from the beard and hair.

The fact the video pauses at certain points is suspect in itself, and the final part about the translation is that most of us don't speak their native language, so how are we to know it is the correct translation anyway? We don't.

This looks like propaganda.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

So, may I ask your credentials on video analysis? Also, do you happen to have Bin Ladens current medical records or a statement by his doctor stating his current health status?

Can he be dead? Yup.

Do we have proof he is dead? Nope

Do we have proof that he is alive? Yes... well there is more proof that he is alive then dead.
What proof do you have that he is dead?

IF you are worried about the translation, find someone that you know that speaks arabic. They can help you out.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Na, I think he's dead too.

I've seen no evidence to make me think otherwise. Not since Tora Bora.

I still watch though, cuz ya never know.

CaptainObvious call for credentials, but presents none of his own, nor any of the evidence he says exists. Why is that? Me thinkest thou doth protest too much.

Anyway, Dr. Krawetz does have credentials, and does present compelling, although not conclusive evidence of trickery and manipulation. He's not the only one saying these things either. Its enough to make anyone wonder. If Bin Laden is alive, why are they doing re-runs, terrible quality video, and cut & paste audio?

[edit on 9/13/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
reply to post by luis9343

Quite the opposite.... there is actually a muslim tradition in coloring your beard. They were however according to some sources discouraged to use dark colors. Mohamad recommend covering up gray hair with henna or a dye called katam....

thanks for the info on that

top topics

join