It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Humans Dying As A Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There has been a lot of news about the increased rate of extinction of animals and plant life due to human selfishness.
If I look back at the last 4 generations of my bloodline, I find sime chilling trends. The entire generation of my Great grand father in our bloodline lived into there late 80's (86-89). My grandfathers generation lived until into their mid 60's(65-68). The entire generation of my father all died in their early 60's (59-63). My generation has lost the first two who were the oldest at 52 and 49.

It seems that the quality of life we strive for is shortening our lives. The two who died where also the wealthiest. I guess the richier you are, the shorter you last. I fear that we are going backwards and we won't do anything about it until the average life expectancy data begins to travel in the reverse direction. Then it will be too late for most of us.

I believe that our convient diet and an atmosphere filled with pollution and EMF (TV, Radio, Cell Phones, Microwaves, Blue tooth, power lines, wireless, satellite, GPS, and 100 other sources) are our undoing.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think caucasians in particular, not because of pullution, food, habts etc, but due to low birth rate. Compare to mexicans especially.

Too much selfishness amongst the learned...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why is it bad when a species that exterminates anything that threatens it, one that destroys the delicate systems that keep this planet running dies off?

Humans don't deserve to live here.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Well-spoken! ...like a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I, too, think the race is on it's way out, and why not? We're really no different from the rest of the species on the planet, and they become extinct all the time.

If you agree with evolutionary theories, it's easy to see evidence of this.

Evolution has always worked on a "the strong survive" system, with those most capable of feeding themselves and reproducing being the ones who last, and those not so able to provide for themselves and their offspring dropping by the wayside.

Now with social programs, those not so able to support themselves are supported by the state. Generally, it's even beneficial to the recipient to continue breeding as this increases the benefit. Thus we have people being supported by the state producing large families, and people that have to support themselves having smaller families so they can afford to provide for them.

This is obviously an "upside-down" situation, evolutionally speaking. The strong are the ones falling by the wayside, with the not so able rapidly out-breeding them, with the support of the state. This leads to a population with a larger percentage of not so able citizens, with creates a race of humans not so able to survive.

I know this is not true of everyone receiving state benefits, but I think, in general, that this is a relatively accurate hypothesis.

I don't know if this is just the way things worked out, or if it was part of a "master plan" by the elite to help in the depopulation of the species (which theory I'm sure you're familiar with if you've been on ATS for more then a day), but I definitely see it as being to the disadvantage of the race in general, and a step towards the possible extinction of the human race.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Well-spoken! ...like a hypocrite.

Yes, I am a hypocrite by definition: 'acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings'.
But do you think I have a choice to act otherwise? Personally I think humans as a whole deserve to live on a dry, arid and lifeless planet like Mars, not the (in comparision) lush paradise that is Earth.
But it's not like I have the power or money to make that happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's amazing that we can even get a La Raza racist post in this thread. It has nothing to do with birth rates. It's the life expectancy of the current and future generations. We all see the 90+ year old grandma in our neighborhoods, but they are the exception. Just three generations ago we were all farmers. Today, we hold sedentary office jobs, we eat fast food and we live with cell phones stuck in our ears while computers are part of our everyday routine.

We are wasting away as we build mountains of obsolete toxic electronic toys. Some people see this in the context of global warming and have begun recycling and conserving in earnest. The world in beginning to change in wasteful ways, but politics waters down all useful measures. Just look at the auto industry and their incessant foot dragging in introducing new technologies with paid off politicians paving their way.

It is more of a personal choice to limit the harmful effects of our culture and build a healthy life style. It's a uphill battle but sometimes the small things have the biggest long-term effects.

Maybe it's a conspiracy made behind closed doors by the upper elite class. There are too many people on this planet. Most can agree to that. The cost of supporting an increasing pool of the aged is more than a society can bear in either health care cost or SS costs. Food additives, cell phones and vaccines may be part of a vast conspiracy to limit the number of worker bees that will enter the elderly ranks? Also, is AIDS a man-made ailment or are they waiting for the pandemic to help thinout the masses?

[edit on 14-9-2007 by eagledriver]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When the world population of human beings has more than doubled in the past 50 years, I can say that we're not on the way out. Yes, sick, unhealthy, fat americans may be on the way out, but as a whole, humans are here to stay.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Unlike other animals, we control our own destiny for now. But we also happen to be more stupid than most of them

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's not that we are stupid, it's because we are gifted.

Humans have a highly self-conscious existence combined with the ability to manipulate our environment, much different from most of the animals. This enables us, especially in the richer and more technologically advanced countries, to create massive supplies of 'enriched', processed foods, pharmaceuticals, television sets, couches, diet pills. There are entire careers that could be accomplished from a single seat. It's all to feel comfortable and satisfied, because, in a way, we feel have conquered the whole 'survival' thing. When was the last time you 'hunted' for food or shelter? However, what we don't have is control of our primal desires when faced with these incredible supplies of goods, and thusly, we abuse them to the point of giving us the health issues which are decreasing the life span:

high blood pressure
clogged arteries
cancer
heart disease
chemical imbalance
obesity

etc..

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No, we are just plain stupid. Theres no gift to it. If this is intelligence, then its severely overrated. Whenever I hear someone took their own life, I always think about how that wouldnt have happened if we were a simpler people. I forget the word I want to use to sum it up, but its along the lines of so called intelligence being a curse. Maybe the real intelligence is waiting for people in the next millennium, I dont know, they can only be so lucky.

top topics

join