It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You on the Government's 'No Fly' List?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Are You on the Government's 'No Fly' List?

www.alternet.org

A new book reveals how thousands of Americans who do not fit a terrorist profile are routinely harassed and detained at the airport.
On yet another preboarding search, I asked yet again. The TSA agent searching me, a young woman, said pleasantly, "You're on the list."
Indeed, the TSA Administration does keep a "list." The American citizens on the list who do not fit a terroriist profile range from journalists and academics who have criticized the White House to activists and even political leaders who have also spoken out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Scary stuff - the US government is yet again abusing laws supposedly aimed at terrorists, but which are more usually applied to people who disagree with the regime or who the government consider to be worthy of harrassment for a variety of reasons.

This also applies to non US citizens - a friend of mine was harrassed at US cutoms, detained, had credit checks run and was nearly turned away, simply because she was a CND protester in the 80's at greenham common.

This is a disgrace and an absolute abuse of power and the law.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have wondered this since joining ATS, it is after all the #1 conspiracy site on the internet... I traveled last year and had no problems, but I wonder if there is a site where you can find out if you are on the list? I would not want to put my name in however and bring undue attention to myself, but is there a site where you can see the names?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It mentions something in the article, but I don't think the list is for general consumption - try the TSA site, if they have one.

Here it is:
www.tsa.gov...

and some more:
www.tsa.gov...

[edit on 13/9/2007 by budski]

top topics

join