It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"As scientists run their biggest race, the U.S. falls hopelessly behind Europe."

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I highly doubt that religious texts and creationist ideals belong in the Weaponry forums. Or the scientific forums for that matter.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The U.S. is out looking for trouble. They've always done this, their goal is to be the dominant nation (obviously). Never has there been a good economy and money circulating as there is after a war. I can easily see the States leading all areas of civilisation again in 15-20 years.

They're just preparing the next war, and keeping the population ignorant is the best way to make it happen....
That's the way I see it.
I will not beleive the country's on a downslide because of GWB. It's all orchestrated, the government always gets what they ordered.

A decline in education and technology is in no way an accident.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaves2000
...... I can easily see the States leading all areas of civilisation again in 15-20 years.

With the greatest respect... This is a silly statement. Military dominance does not equate to a dominance of civilisation. Nor does having a large economy. Methinks you should travel.

On topic. When we talk about these cutting edge science programmes, the pool of available scientists is pretty limited so they will always attract a multinational contingent. If you take some programmes based in the States you will doubtlessly find a bunch of foreigners.

Regards

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So let me guess this straight, the USA has 'hopelessly', fallen behind 'Europe' in the fields of 'sciance and its military aplication' because they had to buy data from the Russians (which DID work btw), and they are failing to take the lead in particle acceleraters and Fusion?

Wait, there's more. Now Americans are fat, stupid, lazy, spoiled and indiffirent? And you do not have any solutions, nor even suggest any; just a doomstay about lazy and fat Americans.

I'm not even going to bother.

EDIT: Do you REALLY, want me to make my own version of your post about how Europe has 'hopelessly' fallen behind the U.S.A and China in some select areas then claiming that Europeans are fat, lazy and stupid because of it?

[edit on 24/9/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
On reflection, this is how science should be done. having the best minds from every country rather than trying to be nationalistic. We will achieve far more progress working together than in fragmented dribs and drabs. people like Iskander fail to see the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

So let me guess this straight, the USA has 'hopelessly', fallen behind 'Europe' in the fields of 'sciance and its military aplication' because they had to buy data from the Russians (which DID work btw), and they are failing to take the lead in particle acceleraters and Fusion?

Nope. Read article; absorb the info, repeat as needed.

Then Goggle Holod, Gela X-9-, and other Soviet/Russian hypersonic projects, and while the Aurora is still a classified black project ghost, NASAs only hypersonic platform was based entirely on the test data purchased from the Russians.

That’s a fact.

Wait, there's more. Now Americans are fat, stupid, lazy, spoiled and indiffirent? And you do not have any solutions, nor even suggest any; just a doomstay about lazy and fat Americans.

Yep. CNN special series on American “killer junk food”, record high obesity / diabetes levels, which have reached CHILDREN as young as ELEVEN.

Then skip right up to the national high school test scores, and compare them to Asian/European scores. Fact, American children test LOWER then children from other countries. Also a fact.

In adult, general knowledge and VOCABULARY are so low, that even Jay Leno keeps making fun out of our happy citizens on his show.

Spoiled? You betctha! If not, then what are all these illegal immigrants are doing in our country? Jobs that we are to lazy to do!

Indifferent? Bushes 2nd term, two wars in a total mess, a crumbling economy, voting fraud, etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
^^^LOL kinda of funny considering that you were educated in America, Iskander. Doesn't say much about your intelligence. But ehy you watch CNN and still are afraid to answer any of my arguments which prove you wrong all the time. But hey....

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This thread is pretty ridiculous, yes CERN is a mostly European project, but I think you need to do some more research regarding this.

The foremost researcher in this field is a guy called Murray Gell-Mann, check out his page on Wikipedia, and guess where he hails from?

Next one, what is the name of the largest working particle accelerator? For those that don’t know, it is called the SLAC Linac (Stanford Linear Accelerator Centre).

The reason why this research has to be carried out by a consortium of countries is sheer cost of setting it all up. Six billion dollars is a lot of money in anybodies book.

I am guessing that this is in the weaponry section due to the LHC’s potential to create antimatter? Or the potential warfare that may ensue from the discovery of ‘free energy’?

For those that are interested in this, there is an excellent horizon documentary available at MVGroup.org on the matter.

Education varies greatly from school to school within the U.S. and in Europe, with the general standard being good. Having seen some of the replies to this thread I guess some of the posters may have had the misfortune of attending those poorer performing schools.

Nobody is falling behind, we are stepping forward together. Please cease the U.S. / Europe bashing!

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepCoverUK

There was something on John Stuart a few days ago, specifically about the export of American science abroad.

The guest did write a book about it, look it up.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Please everybody lets take a step back and a deep breath.

....Okay now from what I understand the LHC has little if anything to do with nuclear fusion. LHC is a particle accelerator which will be involved in basic scientific research. The type of research being done at the LHC will be completely of academic interest only. You will not be seeing consumer products or military applications developed from knowledge gained at the LHC.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join