It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quest for the Immortal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The Quest for the Immortal

"Those who survive will never die." February, 1964

Before I go any further with this blog there is one subject that requires a more professional presentation and that is the subject of Immortality. I have mentioned this in several of my posts but there is a need to compile the information in a logical manner to present to any visitor to this blog so that they will not write off my material out of hand and to show that belief in immortality is not illogical or fanciful.

This will certainly not be a Tour de Force or Exhaustive study into this subject, for that is not how an Editorial is designed, but it will be a useful introduction into the concept and will serve to provoke further research for the interested as well as meet this writers goal for his own defence.

The Scriptural Record

"And Y'hova Elohim said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever..." Genesis 3

For those who believe in the Inspired word of Y'hova who may read this, the theory of immortality itself is presented in the opening chapters of Genesis where Y'hova banishes the unfortunate fallen pair from the garden to keep them away from the Tree of Life. The Scripture presents immortality, not as a theory, but as a definite fact. If the Scriptures are to be taken at face value, then this verse alone opens up the possibility of the reality of immortality.

I would also point out that the Christian West has been celebrating Immortality every year for 2,000 years, as has a large portion of the rest of the world, and it is currently called Easter, in reference to the Resurrection of our Lord who now is Immortal and destined to live forever and he promises this same Eternal Life to everyone who calls on his name and, in fact, potentially promised it to the Apostle John when he implied that it was His will that John tarry until He returns. This then shows that belief in immortality is not necessarily ludicrous but is a viable system of belief.

In passing it should also be stated that Y'shua also used his physical blood to typify this Eternal Life through the Spirit but this also leads to the possibility that his Eternal Blood would literally have given the drinker that same Eternal Life - which the Insiders refer to as the Holy Grail as portrayed in the third Indiana Jones movie and which is implied in the concept of Vampirism.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Secular Record

"Scientists don't know why people die because our bodies are designed to live forever." Robert Buckley, High School Math Teacher, Blue Mountain, circa 1980

For the Atheist or Agnostic or anyone else for that matter, the concept of immortality is then substantiated to some extent by the Constellations of the Zodiac themselves where Hercules holds the Tree of Life in his hands while in mortal combat guarding its precious fruit with the surrounding constellations and decans supplementing that story. There we see Scorpio trying to rob Hercules of immortality as well as the Centaur trying to obtain some of that fruit for himself and Sagittarius arriving to the aid of Hercules.

There are those who say that the Zodiac Story is at least 5,000 years old - when the summer solstice was in Leo - and thus this record dates back to before the Exodus and is one of the oldest records in mankind's history and it also presents immortality, not as a myth, but as a reality - a reality, by the way, worth fighting, and dying, for.

The mythologies that arose from these constellations also state, emphatically, that some of that life giving fruit was indeed acquired and, as any Shrink worth his Salt will tell you, all traditions and mythologies and Folk Lore assuredly arose from some type of historical, actual event in the past.

This, by the way, would include modern Folklore such as movies, books and periodicals most, if not all, of which is produced by corporations that some would say are under the control of the people who currently run the world and thus serve to further the goals of the Insider run Illuminati.

The Special Record

"The absence of such signs indicates that hydra does not undergo senescence and is potentially immortal." ("Mortality patterns suggest lack of senescence in hydra," D.E. Martinez, Experimental Gerontology, pg 223, 1998)

There are actually a couple of species that never age or that can rejuvenate their life and, that being the case then it is obvious that immortality is not totally impossible at all but is, in fact, a very real phenominum which would include, one would imagine, spontaneous cell reproduction at enormous rates, as when a frog regrows a limb or in "transdifferentiation" (Scott F. Gilbert, "Cheating Death: The Immortal Life Cycle of Turritopsis," Developmental Biology, 8th edition, March, 2003) which is actually a cellular rejuvenation or, to put it in plain English, the fountain of youth.

So, the Sacred, Secular and Special Sciences lend their testimony to the possibility of immortality and it is not unimaginable that, given time, our own scientists would succeed in unlocking the DNA Code itself that would lead to unending life and, in fact, there is an Institute that is dedicated to this very goal.

"We can no longer pretend that we know so little about how to cure aging that the timing of this advance will be determined overwhelmingly by future serendipitous discoveries: we are in the home straight already." (Aubrey de Grey, The Scientific Conquest of Death, The Immortality Institute, October, 2004)

It is also not inconceivable that some Ancient Society - for the Christians, Jews and others that would be the antediluvian world - that Robert Bauval (The Orion Mystery, etc) and others postulate existed on this planet in the prehistoric past, may themselves have cracked the code that led them to produce immortality.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The Quest

"Practical worries might include: the population problem, the problem of scarce resources and environmental pollution, eternal youth that is only available to the wealthy, the accumulation of too much wealth and power by an elite group of immortals." (ibid, Marc Geddes compliments of the Speculist)

It is intriguing to myself that Philosophers who spend any amount of time on the concept of Immortality would arrive at the conclusion that if there were a select group of people who were immortal that they would somehow end up running the world and enslaving the rest of society which, then, is inadvertant indication that, in fact, they do exist and this is exactly my contention concerning the current Geopolitical situation that is presented in various posts on my site and, further, this is exactly what has been described by those people who have studied the Illuminati World System in depth, whether they realized it or not, and one indication of this is that the same agenda that pushed centuries ago, is still actively pursued to this day, and I would refer the reader to my post on Daniel's Last Vision for more details on this point.

The quote at the top of the post, from a major News Periodical at the time of my Conception or Birth, would lead the reader, initially, to believe that, in fact, the Insiders had indeed already arrived at their Immortal Destination and, with this as our basis, it is not, therefore, illogical to look into history to see if at any time in the past there have been those who exhibited Immortality and who may have actually worked themselves into positions of Political Power - some examples of which the reader will find in other posts on my WebSites.

Thus, those who may be a little skeptical about immortality, here you have the first steps on your own quest for the immortal.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Theoferrum, what is the source of your quote?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RedPill

I assume you are refering to the quote at the top of the post?

Unfortuately, I am still trying to track that down. I saw it myself in one of the periodicals for either June of 1963 or February of 1964.

If you are referring to the last quote the IBID means it was from the same source as the previous quote with was the Immortality Institute - the referrence is in the paragraph.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Theoferrum]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No I meant the entire top three posts, quoted from here

Your blog?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I did my best to keep up with this post, but I've come so far from my superstitious beginnings that my eyes tend to glaze on a long one and I end up skimming it and only wanting to handle one or two small points in the thing.

1) Nothing lives forever, not even stars. I'd dearly love to know what species you're referring to as being immortal.

2) Western Europe has been celebrating Easter much longer than there's been a Jesus legend. the very holiday is named after Eostre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring. She is reputed by some to have been linked with eggs in some way, and eggs have signified immortality far longer than there's been Christianity.

3) I'm not understanding what you say about atheists in your second post. I'm an atheist, and I don't believe in Hercules or Orion any more than I do Jesus.

I can't even begin to try to pick this apart, other than these three obvious flaws in this argument. Rant?

What are you getting at here, exactly?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

1) Nothing lives forever, not even stars. I'd dearly love to know what species you're referring to as being immortal.

This is very true and points to the fact that matter cannot be immortal. Even if one could acquire "immortality" in the flesh by whatever method, eventually our sun will burn out, go supernova, and this world will be destroyed (along with any immortal inhabitants).

However, I believe that man has an immortal part within him, that is not composed of matter, and is therefore not subject to death. This immortal part, known by the Gnostics as the "Sacred Flame" remains watchful and unmoved throughout the Aeons.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction2) Western Europe has been celebrating Easter much longer than there's been a Jesus legend. the very holiday is named after Eostre, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring. She is reputed by some to have been linked with eggs in some way, and eggs have signified immortality far longer than there's been Christianity.

Not to rain on your parade, but...

[edit] Eostre and Ishtar
The name Eostre also bears some resemblance to the name of the Semitic goddess Ishtar-Astarte (appearing as Uni-Astre on the Etruscan Pyrgi Tablets).

This resemblance has resulted in some Neopagan and Christian fakelore to the effect that "Easter is Ishtar's festival". There is no evidence in support of this, and a Phoenician or Etruscan loan into pre-Proto-Germanic is precluded already by Grimm's law.

One notable former advocate is fundamentalist Christian author Ralph Woodrow, whose Babylonian Mystery Religion includes the Easter/Ishtar hypothesis and condemns the celebration's trappings as un-Christian. Woodrow has reversed his former position and now does not support the connection.

(from source quoted above)

Easter=Eoster=Ishtar doesn't float.

Good post OP, but I agree that bodies/tissues/matter can be destroyed; no getting around it.

"Immortality" of the flesh is impossible, not least of all because of what ML said about the sun. Could be a comet, the Earth could explode from the inside, who knows?

The soul is the immortal part, not the body. Might be difficult to reconcile for an atheist though. Where do the souls come from if there is no God?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
All manner of beasts are "designed", to die. Dying is an important part of ensuring that a breed evolves. Without death, there is no evolution or at least, it is a lot slower and so much more at risk from climatic affect subject to periodic but none the less, significant, change.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Disbelief in imortality comes from belief in the normal world. What if true existance is thought and interaction is only the construct that thought is played out in. Might not our understanding of the universe just be a collective agreement of something to rationalize are need for an end and a begining but in reality our thoughts create it?

Ok enough of that.

There can be only one.....

new topics

top topics

join