It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has made their bed...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
...now its time for them to sleep in it. I'm not sure if Putin has lost his mind, but the decisions he is making now are insane.

Russia-Iran nuclear deal signed
news.bbc.co.uk..."

Russia confirms Iran missile deal
news.bbc.co.uk..."

Russia tests 'dad of all bombs
www.cnn.com..."

Putin dissolves Russian government
www.cnn.com..."

[edit on 12-9-2007 by brigand]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
WWIII on our doorstep.....

This is really freaking me out, i didn't realize this is so close..

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

no they are not insane. they are carefully planned and choreographed to lead the people of this world into deep fear, even terror. It won't help though. whatever they do, it won't stop consciousness from unfolding on this planet and the old, sucky ways from dying off.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Whats so special about these headlines? I dont think there will be 3rd WW just ebcause of this.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by netscape]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Considering that the U.S. has placed missles VERY close to the Russian border, it sounds like a good plan to me for Russia to be armed. We have it specifically stated in our foreign policy blueprint that we won't hesitate to invade anyone we think may be trouble for us. With the U.S. acting the way it does, I don't blame Putin one bit for wanting to be armed. As for signing deals with Iran, I guess they prefer to get their oil from Iran, rather than have to deal with the U.S. And considering that Bush is insane, I wouldn't trust any deal with the U.S. either.
As for "dissolving govt", this is Standar Operating Procedure and is done in accordance with the Russian Constitution. No worry there. This was discussed in another thread.
Putin is doing a good job for Russia and the Russians love him. He has over an 80% approval rating. I don't believe he's getting ready to attack anyone, I think it's more about protecting Russian soil and I can't blame him.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wouldnt blame the russians either. Its Bush that is insane and wants another war, not the russians. Of course they want to defend themselfs against the maniac in the White House.

Im pretty sure Fox News will spin it the other way around, and probably say something like "russia provoces USA troops" or whatever. The brainwash must go on.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is an old plan starting to come to fruition. Nobody "won" the Cold War, Russia needed to change it's image and allow the economy to catch up with the military. Now it's back, and we shouldn't be surprised if the Bear is now ready for a fight.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just remember this:
Russia is a mystery inside a puzzle inside an enigma!!!

What I am trying to say is the moves we see Russia taking are part of plans within plans within conspiracies.

I honestly believe the Russian actions are not a response to current events, but more another step in an unknown master plan.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am getting a little tired of hearing all the BS about Bush being insane on these boards. I worked in lower Manhattan on 9/11 and still work here. I thank him for protecting us and not allowing another attack on my soil! I was at the base of the towers the day they were hit, it was a gorgeous day and I only worked 3 blocked away. Heard the first PLANE and watched the second PLANE hit the towers that morning. Then I ran like hell. Walked all the way to the 59th street bridge and walked across it towards Long Island. Some nice guy in a pick up truck eventually picked me and a few others up that day and went out of his way to drive us home. When the going gets tough, Americans stick together. The people of the world need to know that this war in Iraq, questioned by some might be tearing America apart, BUT......if a war is brought to us by a direct attack of a foreign country......JUST WATCH HOW THE AMERICANS STICK TOGETHER AND DEFEND THEIR OWN.

Don't wake a sleeping giant.......that was done once before and how did we end that war?????? Think about it people!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This isn't a pro-American thread or an anti-Russia thread.. its just a general observation thread that leads me to believe bad things are in store for Iran.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, the one thing I keep repeating to myself when I watch what Putin is doing these days is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". I'll have to admit, recent moves by the Russians have had me digging through the Titor archives again.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's very funny to read this even in comparison with inner-Russian conspiracy theories about Putin etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
I am getting a little tired of hearing all the BS about Bush being insane on these boards. I worked in lower Manhattan on 9/11 and still work here. I thank him for protecting us and not allowing another attack on my soil!

Are you prepared to accept the possibility that he was in on the attacks? A likely scenario, especially considering on how much he (Bush) had to gain, as opposed to Bin Laden. It's simple numbers. Just take a step back and look at the big picture.

I'm glad Russia is taking a stand. The US gov is out of control. They see it clearly and are preparing.

Perhaps Titor was right, and it's the Russians who will save us from our own corrupt government.

I hear a lot of negativity (propaganda) here in the US about Putin. Yet he has a much higher approval rating among his people than Bush does here. That should tell ya something!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well i for one find recent russian activities to be very unerving indeed.The"dad of all bombs"in itself isnt as significant as the message are trying to send to the U.S.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tabm1
It's very funny to read this even in comparison with inner-Russian conspiracy theories about Putin etc.

HI Tabm1, can you give us more info or a link? I'm curious to know more about the inner-Russian conspiracy theories. THank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Russia is only doing what they haven't been able too do....spend money on the military. Due to the record pricing of oil Russia is finally getting money in.

We (the US) boasted about the MOAB....and have been able to perform our air force flights non-stop.

Russia is just doing what a large country, with money, is able to do.

Now whether the new money should be used towards the military is another question.......I do not know much about the condition of the infastructure in Russia.....just that there is supposedly widespread corruption.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
about the gov't resigning, i thought that this had more to do with putin helping to clear the way for his succesor, since their elections are somewhat close, and he can't run again. and it would make things easier on him. i read that he has already named his succesor i think it was something like Zubkov, he was head of some financial monitoring committee.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first time posting here but this is an extremely touchy subject:
So touchy that when I just posted on another conspiracy board about this Russian Government topic I got instantly banned and threatened.
I am a writer, columnist and I research topics that are interesting to me- I'm not a nutjob or loon.
As soon as I got banned I was linked to a You Tube video with pictures of guys pointing guns at the screen and threatening to "put me into the ground" (part of the lyrics)
More than anything, this does'nt scare me but really really pisses me off.
I just got back from the Veterans Hospital here seeing soldiers with their legs blown off and this kind of BS censorship and threatening garbage is really making me mad.
It makes me sick to my stomach to know how these soldiers are sacrificing SO MUCH for this country and our government is doing so many devious and underhanded things., that most of them have NO IDEA about.
I'd like to report this. Ideas?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Well, the one thing I keep repeating to myself when I watch what Putin is doing these days is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". I'll have to admit, recent moves by the Russians have had me digging through the Titor archives again.

You and me both. All of Putin's actions make me think of his semi-namesake RasPutin. He is moving swiftly and silently like a python encircling a sleeping child. But would one regard him as an ally in the USA if one had come to see their own US government as public enemy No. 1.

I try to ask a second question at this point that I don't think get's asked. Perhaps US Americans with a worldview like Ron Paul would ask this question: what does Putin know about the USA under Bush/Cheney that is a contributive factor to his plans and actions.

I only know a few USA citizens who have faith in the Bush/Cheney/Reid/Pelosi government. Looking at the way Democrats have voted and have remained silent was one of the first oddities that made me wonder how it is that their tongues are tied and incapable of acting. But that led to a realisation that the 2 party system of the USA simply meant one coin of public manipulation with two faces -- one Democrat the other Republican.

[edit on 13/9/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Just like in the US, the powerful people in Russia make money from arms sales and warmongering. The reason why the US and Russia are "enemies" is because both of these groups are competing against each other for contracts. Both governments make the other one out to be "evil", while fighting proxy wars against each other.

The two countries are symbiotic, Russia backs a corrupt anti-US government and builds nuclear facilities, the US threatens to attack, Russia sells them expensive weaponry, US attacks and secures oil. Both governments win.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join