It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married Couple, Dozens (40+!) Of Animals Found Dead At Farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Married Couple, Dozens Of Animals Found Dead At Farm

www.wesh.com

A man and a woman and dozens of goats, dogs and other animals were found dead on Tuesday at a farm in Levy County.

The victims were believed to have been in their 50s, but their identities weren't released.

More than 40 animals were killed, including dozens of goats, seven dogs, a donkey and a miniature horse or pony.

"A stack of goats were found dead in two separate sheds," Sullivan said.

Some animals survived, including several horses, goats and chicken.

Deputies remained at tha
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-9-2007 by MarkusMaximus]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty startling...Who or WHAT would do something like that?

Weird, whatever it is.

www.wesh.com

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
wow, please post any other details as you find them (anyone)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How sad, and bizar. No word on how any of them died though.

I know the drought has hit farmers hard all over the US, and the cost of feed has gone through the roof because of it. It was in the news here last winter, that a lot of farmers were in quite a pinch. The drought meant not much feed, and the hard winter made them use up all their supply. Therefore the cost of hay and feed more than doubled. A lot of people couldnt afford it and had to sell off their livestock, but because of that, not too many people were interested in buying livestock.

It is sad what happened. I really hope this isnt a case of a desperate and depressed farmer.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus

Wow, that's pretty startling...Who or WHAT would do something like that?

Weird, whatever it is.

www.wesh.com

Could it be murder-suicide plot that included their animals?

Sullivan said the two victims and all of the animals were shot to death, but he said they aren't looking for a suspect in the case.

Could the couple have shot all their animals then killed themselves?

"A stack of goats were found dead in two separate sheds," Sullivan said.

Some animals survived, including several horses, goats and chicken.

If this was a random unplanned killing, why would you stack goats in two separate sheds?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Gosh, if it turns out to be a murder-suicide, it seems really weird to kill all the animals too. Especially so many of them.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Bizarre!

I hope they find out who, and why, did this.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Seriously. The reason that the theory it was a murder-suicide makes so much sense is truely incredible. See here is how it went down. Married couple pissed off one of the flock, you know, giving the pigs all the good jobs and the goats get the shaft, so one of the "not dead" animals, gets a gun off the Internet late one night, uses the married couples credit card, then goes on a killing rampage starting with the married couple, then the pigs (gotta off the pigs in any good story), then turns the gun on itself, but only enough to erase any suspicion of who did it and why. See, quite simple...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is no way they killed them animals and then killed themselves. If he was shot in the back of the head, someone had to shot him.

The stacking of the animals is odd. It shows calculation and deliberation. One would have to be very detached in order to do it.

This is how it strikes me.....

Article says she loved the animals and he didn't do anything for them. Since they already had a relationship that was clearly destructive, I think they had another fight. He goes outside and kills the animals. The stacking of them is cold and someone who loved these animals so much (the women) wouldn't do it. Later when things have calmed down a bit, she gets the gun sneaks up on him and shots him in the back of the head for what he did to the animals. Afterwards, she knows her life is over and she shoots herself (The article says she had a self inflicted gunshot wound).

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm telling you, like I got it from a reliable source at the Vets Office, is was one of them goats, dude.... Really, would I lie to you?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostSpook
I'm telling you, like I got it from a reliable source at the Vets Office, is was one of them goats, dude.... Really, would I lie to you?

This is funny right?
Please CONTRIBUTE to the discussion, Rather than detract from it.

new topics

top topics

join