It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

white house still trying to link 9/11 and iraq..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Are you kidding me !!???

WASHINGTON - The television commercial is grim and gripping: A soldier who lost both legs in an explosion near Fallujah explains why he thinks U.S. forces need to stay in Iraq.

"They attacked us," he says as the screen turns to an image of the second hijacked airplane heading toward the smoking World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. "And they will again. They won't stop in Iraq."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

seems like good timing during the 911 anniversary..
good move you bums..

"We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the Sept. 11 attacks. "
-George Bush sep 18 2003

www.cbsnews.com...

-------------------------------
Added 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 12/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The propaganda war is in full motion.

Trying to play on our emotions. Trying to guilt us into believing the piles of lies.

Why would they bother if they had nothing to worry about?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
it's all propaganda. they have to lie to the troops somehow, or why else would they be fighting? you have to make them believe they are fighting for a cause..otherwise they will revolt, but luckily here they are getting paid mad amounts of money..so they don't have to agree with policy as long as they are getting paid. but that was really cold for the white house to take advantage of the situation like that.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Are you guys seriously denying that AQ is fighting in Iraq? Did you even read the quote you posted? It says "they wont stop in Iraq" and from everything we know of the situation, they wont.

Some of you anti-war people need to get your facts straight.

-AQ is in Iraq
-If we leave, it will be a huge victory for them and other groups (ala Somalia)

If you can deny this with facts, Id like to see them.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

You warmongers are pathetic,you havent even got the conviction to stand by your written words here, with your real identity.There are a few here who at least can do that but you drone and others here are faceless cowards who have nothing better to do with their sad lives but post flag kissing LIES on poxy internet sites!Or like yourself mentaly masterbate over the many boring marine vids you have put up on Liveleak-home of the racists!

Fk this,The net had changed over the last few years,i dont know why i log on to sites like this in spare time i have to see warmongers type vile rubbish and spread lies.If a pub i drank in was always full of vile racists i wouldnt go back again-for the life of me i dont know why i come here!

closing account,going down pub
*leaves stage left*

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006

You warmongers are pathetic,you havent even got the conviction to stand by your written words here, with your real identity.There are a few here who at least can do that but you drone and others here are faceless cowards who have nothing better to do with their sad lives but post flag kissing LIES on poxy internet sites!Or like yourself mentaly masterbate over the many boring marine vids you have put up on Liveleak-home of the racists!

Fk this,The net had changed over the last few years,i dont know why i log on to sites like this in spare time i have to see warmongers type vile rubbish and spread lies.If a pub i drank in was always full of vile racists i wouldnt go back again-for the life of me i dont know why i come here!

closing account,going down pub
*leaves stage left*

Nothing in all this blathering added anything at all to the discussion. As someone who has served and has friends and family currently serving in Iraq, I disagree with your assertion that I'm some kind of war lover. People like yourself choose to lob insults rather than debate the issues, but thats fine because it makes my job easier.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Dronetek]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
-AQ is in Iraq
-If we leave, it will be a huge victory for them and other groups (ala Somalia) If you can deny this with facts, Id like to see them.

I don't understand how anyone can really be pro-war. You really get off on killing mass amounts of people and animals? I bet you even believe it's for your 'freedom'...

'If we leave'? We shouldn't have been there in the first place.

How many wars have you been in? It's easy to sit back at your computer and be pro-war, try going over there yourself and see the carnage and wasted lives first hand.

I don't think other people deserve to die for your freedom, and I really don't believe you really care what would happen in Iraq if they left. It's just the delusions of grandeur of a narcissistic society.

Where do your 'facts' come from? Somalia won nothing, everybody loses during war time.

Fight war not wars!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

People like yourself choose to lob insults rather than debate the issues, but thats fine because it makes my job easier.

LOL maybe you should read your own first post in this thread. Who started with the insults?

Again where are you getting these 'facts' that you think you can debate? Sounds to me like all you've got is what we hear from the government controlled media. Do you really think you can trust what your government tells you, especially during wartime?

Maybe you need to get some facts right?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Shortly after 911 Czech officials reported Iraq was involved. It was categorically denied by US defense officials. So much info/misinfo it is difficult to determine what is correct.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
it's all propaganda. they have to lie to the troops somehow, or why else would they be fighting? you have to make them believe they are fighting for a cause..otherwise they will revolt, but luckily here they are getting paid mad amounts of money..so they don't have to agree with policy as long as they are getting paid. but that was really cold for the white house to take advantage of the situation like that.

i was just about to say for once I agree with you....

but do you know anyone in the military currently overseas? Even with hazard pay, troops dont make squat compared to civilian contractors. That's the main reason for military "stop loss," almost everyone retires and comes back as a civi to make 4x as much.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I deny them with facts.

FACT! You cannot know the future.

If I am wrong and you can see the future please start a new thread telling us all how it is done.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Thats big news! Do you have a source?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Are you guys seriously denying that AQ is fighting in Iraq?

your missing the point. yes AQ is in iraq (now) but the commercial is playing on our emotions about 911 and falsely linking it to AQ in iraq like terrorists were there all along plotting with saddam. But AQ WAS NOT in iraq prior to the US being in iraq nor did iraq have anything to do with 911. But since we invaded iraq, thousands of regular muslims (with some help from anti-US propaganda by religious leaders) view americas incursions into the middle east as a attack on Islam. And with the one-sided support for israel over arabs it looks that way from thier point of view.
If the US would have totally decimated Al qaeda in afghanistan (when we had the whole world behind us) and not let them retreat into pakistan to regroup instead of bumbling into iraq the amount of AQ today would be FAR less.

Did you even read the quote you posted? It says "they wont stop in Iraq" and from everything we know of the situation, they wont.

your right they probably wont but its because we are there that they are there. and our aggression in iraq has created more AQ terrorists than osama could hope for.

-AQ is in Iraq
-If we leave, it will be a huge victory for them and other groups (ala Somalia)

If you can deny this with facts, Id like to see them.

If we leave they probably will declare victory, and in essence they would be right, a small group of terrorists provoked the most powerful country on earth, and with the awesome leadership and decision makeing by those leaders they have become "warmongers" and "aggressors" in the eyes of the world. And just like the soviets, the US has been sucked into a conventional war with a people who use unconventional tactics. Osama said it himself, "911 probably costed 50,000 to plan and execute and in response the us has spent 50 BILLION, we will drain them financially and stop thier ability to wage aggression against muslims" ... seems to be working swimingly

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

your right they probably wont but its because we are there that they are there. and our aggression in iraq has created more AQ terrorists than osama could hope for.

What doesn't create AQ terrorist? Seriously, you people who think the Iraq war started terrorism need to open a history book. How long are you folks going to justify terrorists and their actions? It doesn't seem to matter what the excuse is and you guys support it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
i can deny them with fact.bring up msnbc.com and you will see an article which declares that a reputable think-tank organization that is completely independent of our govt claim that american forces have deliberately contributed to making al quaeda stronger.thats fact enough for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

AQ is in Iraq because our own for the people government open the doors to them after invasion to have an excuse for a never ending conflict and a reason to stay in Iraq, at the expenses of our soldiers lives ..

Deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

How long are you folks going to justify terrorists and their actions? It doesn't seem to matter what the excuse is and you guys support it.

Here we go again. "Either you're with us or with the terrorists". I wish people could start seeing things in more color than just black and white.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
We are not in Iraq because of weapons of mass destruction... there were none.
We are not in Iraq because they took part in 9/11... because they didn't.
We are not in Iraq because of Al Qaeda... because they weren't there until 2005.
We are not in Iraq because they will follow us here... what a joke.
We are not in Iraq fighting for our freedoms... Iraq never threatened our freedoms.
We are not in Iraq for Iraqi freedom... This administration doesn't give a rats ass about
Iraqi freedoms.
We are not in Iraq to punish Saddam Hussein... deposing him was a convenient benefit.
We are not in Iraq to spread democracy in the Middle east... if we were we blew that one.
We are not in Iraq to promote mid-east peace... we've abandoned the peace process.

We are in Iraq for greed.
We are in Iraq for oil.
We are in Iraq for power.
We are in Iraq for a pathetic little man's ego, so he can say he finished what his dad didn't.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The main reason we are in Iraq is money and power, theres an interesting article in rolling stone here

that give you an insight on how the goverment's cronies are lining their pocket's

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Very good link, see this type of reports never get into the hands of the American people that are still wondering what went wrong in Iraq.

See Iraq is a money pit for the big names in the defense department budget beneficiaries, the companies involve in the now fake reconstruction.

When the government took away the responsibility of the military and gave it to contractors it was the best wining lottery that they have ever got from the American tax payer.

But is sad that this type of information do not get into the hands of many to see the other half of the so call democracy bringers and the decider.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join