It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Boards: Fact or Fiction

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Because I like hearing differant people's opinions. And I am open minded to other views. Maybe I was wrong and I wanted to see what the majority of people thought. And maybe the people who seemed to think that they were moving had other reasons for believeing that when it actually wasn't... such as the answer that I just got. Is there something wrong with wanting to hear other views?

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by julybabygirl
I have heard all the stories of the ouija board and its mysterious power. And one person in paticular got me curious after hearing her stories. So I looked and looked for a ouija board...being from a small town,I ended up getting on on the net, which I ended up paying close to $24. for. You can imagine how excited I was when it finally arrived...and on my mother's birthday (she and I were very close and she passed away tragically 2yrs ago on my bday) and I said if there is ANY way at all to attempt to contact her,I will.
Well I tried EVERYTHING...From lighting white candles, getting flowers, saying chants, warming the board up, doing it with my male fiance' and then female best friend......it simply does NOT work.
So all of u that say it does or either on some really good stuff, have a wonderful imagination, or should really tell me what in the world is the trick??

Ouija Boards are dangerous,They're a portal that allows Demons to possible possess You! I would strongly discourage People about getting involved with Ouija boards.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
there is no such thing as a "demon" or a "bad" or "malicious" entity/spirit.

and even if there was

they can't hurt you.

when you use a ouija board, don't think negatively.

thats all the advice that i have to give

=]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanquisher4hire
ok here is what you need to know,...

i strongly advise on not making one yourself..

why? you may ask the reason is simple... you may not be able to put back what you let out... yes when you open the portal to wherever the hell it goes stuff comes out. spirits and demons alike.

you need at least 3 ppl to do it properly..

you need an opening prayer to summon only pure spirits too talk to you..

it needs to be completely dark for the most part with a few candles around the board. "candles bring lots of spirits"

i suggest you just buy a board at the game store they all work the same trust me..

ive been doing this for about a year now and trust me what i say is true...

also if your gonna do it you need a closing prayer as well and all ways say goodbye to close the portal.

AND NEVER EVER EVER LEAVE THE OUIJA EYE ON THE BOARD UNATTENDED...

your just asking for all hell to come through and reak havok.

now you can get a hold of me anytime on my email [email protected]

as ive said before you need to be a believer.

Well, this is how I did it...candels, chants, all of that. I have closed the board saying good bye...I have just left the board. I even left the eye on the board several times.....Nothing good or bad never happens.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well have you tried any other form of channeling??
maybe this just isn't for you....

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've used one for fun multiple times with a few friends.

Does absolutely nothing.

Good at finding out who has an overly active imagination.

JbT

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ill just tell you my experience.

As a kid, my brother, a friend and I played this "game".

The "spirit" that came to speak to us was a female, who was only interested in my little brother. All answers were in part involving my brother when we would ask them.

We were there for about 5-10 mins "playing", at one point my brother then needed to take a pee. He stood up, went to the bathroom, as we kept on asking questions. Only, we didnt get any response when my brother was in the bathroom from the "spirit".

When my brother came back, only a min or two later, the center peice started spelling out "R-E-D U-N-D-E-R-W-E-A-R" none stop untill we all took our hands off the thingy.

I instantly took the board, walked outside to the empty garbage cans that were out there, tossed a little gas on it and set it a blaze.

Even at the age of 12-14 I knew that it was "evil". It was like that spirit was trying to attach emotional conections with my brother or something. In hind sight, you might say she was trying to find a host, who knows. I just knew that night, that that board needed to be burnt.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've never used an Ouija board, myself. I've heard stories from others that are actually quite consistent with each other in terms of what happened, including one story from someone I would trust with my life. If those accounts are anything to go by, DO NOT ever mess with Ouija boards.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ya know, a lot of people warn others about the dangers
of the Ouija board.
But what percentage of those individuals have actually
even used one, and just parrot the 'the standard answer'
that everyone says that they are dangerous and can open
you up to evil malicious spirits?
I am not denying that the ouija can be dangerous, I would just like to hear it from the actual ouija victims perspective on their bad experience and if it really was caused by the board, or just coincidence.
I wonder if one can use that 'yes' 'no' string pendulum thing to find lost objects, or to find out wether or not this 'lost object' was stolen by a friend, a person someone thought they could trust?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hear a lot of responses that Ouija is dangerous and evil, but no one seems to be able to properly back it up.
Trust me, I heard the stories first hand. A friend of mine did it with some friends, freaked out and ran out of the house. The lights she ran by went dark, and supposedly saw a white fog/spirit.

Just to clear something up, I believe in spirits in some way. But the idea of a piece of normal paper, fabricated in a factory can be a portal to the spirit world? No no my friend...

I think you underestimate the power of your OWN mind. Supposedly people went totally paranoid, and started hearing things in their house...

Well, your mind is perfectly capable of simulating such things, you have NO idea of its strength. Your mind can shut down pain, make an union taste like an apple and even create a vision of something being there which is, and actually in some cases really CREATE it.
Usually things like this are done via hypnosis. But if your mind is triggered to expect something really strongly, and even be afraid of it. To your sub-conscience it will be a signal like:
"please perceive this"
Since you are thinking about it all the time, and focusing on it so fully..

In my opinion, it's just the same as the pendulum, just a little more complicated.....

- Chris

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Addition to previous post:

If a spirit is powerful enough to influence the physical world, it doesn't need a paper and a glass to do it.

- Chris

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ouija Boards or other contacting devices are indeed real. I have seen many unexplainable things to mention here. I believe that everyone will get a chance to experience proof for themselves of the supernatural world. Others might say that its all rubbish but, they are only speaking for what they have experienced.

Suggestions:
Do it with 2 or more people! NEVER NEVER NEVER do it alone!

At least one person must have a strong belief that there is a afterlife. This person acts as a "key". Without this person the signal from the other side will be weak and you will get mixed responses and little movement. In other words be incredibly open minded or the connection will not hold.

Ask more than yes or no questions.

If you are trying to contact a decesased relative you most likely will not contact that specific spirit. There are many troublemakers that like to fool you. Evil gets their kicks with weak minds.

OPEN YOUR MIND!

This is very real, be extremely cautious when attempting to contact the other side. Do not let them fool you.

Good luck!

I have found that it works best with a close friend in a room that you feel safe in in your house.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 16-9-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
One one hand I'm quite skeptical about it and don't think it does anything. On the other hand, I would never try it because of all the horror stories I have heard. Even if it does really work, the risks don't outweigh the benefits. It isn't worth it for the curiosity. And then a small part of me wants to try it just to see. I don't know if I'd have the guts to actively channel anything though, whether through ouija, automatic writing, etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Of all the stories I have heard, there has been only negativity associated with the use of Ouija Boards. I myself have used a board on a few seperate occasions, with others - I have never been quite brave enough to do it alone. Each time there has been contact made with some form of 'other'.

Whilst each experience is spooky in nature I have never ever had an experience which has truly frightened me, or made me feel any danger at all. In fact in one of he experiences I felt a surreal calm, with the board reassuring me of my families pride for me. I have seen the board say beautiful things, never have I seen it disclose anything bad. So I believe that there can be good experiences come out of its use.

Once, we had picked a flower and placed it in a small cup and placed it near us while we used the board. We spoke to the 'other' about how pretty the flower was. The next morning the little flower vase fell off a table and hit the floor. Whilst this is kinda spooky it was not scary at all. Rather it was more like acknowledgment of our time shared, and another goodbye.

I believe that people who use the board with fear or suspicion may encounter trickster spirits who then endeavour to create a environment which may suit the feelings of the players.

With that said however, Use of the Ouija board should not be taken lightly. Prayer and warmth I believe is the key to keeping 'evil' away. My experiences have so far been only good, but I know of situations where it has gone very wrong. I think that maturity and sensitiviy is needed when using the board.

Hehe, well thats my two-bob.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gogosam

Why doesn't anyone on this forum video tape the Ouija experience?

I repeat, please take your Ouija experience it and upload it for all of us to see. Perhaps it was not all that is was cracked up to be? If one were to be SO serious about the subject, don't you think they would like to provide some form of substance?

Next time out, get your friends together, grab a camcorder, record the event on night vision.

Heck, I posted earlier, perhaps a few weeks ago, on making an Oujia board, but NOBODY has provided any advice, least a gent that said just buy the Milton Bradley one. If there were anyone serious they would have said either A, build it like "this", or please do not build your own.

This forum is becoming a joke. All talk and no bite.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

I couldnt help but feel that was a bit of a personal attack on myself, since it was a reply to what I had to say. That was about my 3rd post ever on this site only having found it a few days ago, so being a bit new I think it quite a feat that I manage to post let alone put a video on here.

But so you know, I was only trying to tell a little about my experiences on a topic. No I do not have video proof, but I had an expereince, regardless of whether you dont believe me because I dont have a video to show you.

I cant speak for others but I find using the ouija an extremely personal thing. I dont think I would like to be shown to millions of people around the world. WHat do others think?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
And in response to the making of the Board, I Wrote yes, at the top of the board one corner, No in the Other. I wrote the letters of the alphabet below this, in a slight arc. We wrote the names of the people using the board at the bottom, and the words goodbye and hello. We also included the numbers 0 - 9 in between the alphabet and the names, hellos and goodbyes. We used a small drinking glass. We wrote this on a smooth peice of wood left over from some building my mates dad was doing.

Maybe you should consider the way in which you say something. I honestly was just trying to give my side. Sorry for the double post.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gogosam
reply to post by Stockburn

I couldnt help but feel that was a bit of a personal attack on myself, since it was a reply to what I had to say. That was about my 3rd post ever on this site only having found it a few days ago, so being a bit new I think it quite a feat that I manage to post let alone put a video on here.

But so you know, I was only trying to tell a little about my experiences on a topic. No I do not have video proof, but I had an expereince, regardless of whether you dont believe me because I dont have a video to show you.

I cant speak for others but I find using the ouija an extremely personal thing. I dont think I would like to be shown to millions of people around the world. WHat do others think?

Understood Completely. But isn't the point to break the ice for non-believers?

Please do not take what I wrote as a personal attack. Do not get me wrong, I love hearing about experiences. I am "hoping" that someone can come through. I Just wish someone could video tape them. It should not be that hard considering most everyone should have a cheesey phone or rather simple camcorder.

I TRULY appreciate you letting me know how and what you made your Ouija with. This is awesome. None else wanted to help a neophyte in this endeavour.

Do not let me scare you away. I am nobody here, and lets hope I keep it that way.

Take care,

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No worries and thanks for clearing that up. I think that Ouijas are dangerous, but only when used in the wrong way. If you need help in creating one simple internet research will show you exactly how they are meant to look. Be careful though. Because whilst I have had okay experiences, many have had really bad ones. Be safe.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join