It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jasn's Final Rant for Awhile -- "Cell Phones and Dumb Drivers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why is it illegal for one to drive under the influence of alcohol yet perfectly legal to drive with a freakin cell phone glued to your ear?

Seriously, we ALL know that drunk driving isn't a good idea......and law enforcement agrees by taking away licenses for such offenses.

I propose they do the same for IDIOTS that drive and talk on their damn cellphone at the same time.

I mean seriously, is there ANYONE hear who hasn't almost been hit while driving by some moron (usually an 18 year old girl) driving 60 miles an hour and talking on a freakin cell phone?

It's ridiculous, some of these people can't drive as it is....and they certainly aren't doing a good job of it while gabbing into their freaking cellphones and checking them when the beeps come in.

I don't know how many times in the last two weeks I have nearly been backed into or hit by some idiot talking on their cell phone.

You mean to tell me that me not wearing a seatbelt, while totally non hazardous to anyone but me, is a fine-worthy offense yet yapping into cellphone while behind the wheel of a death machine on wheels is not?

It's about time something was done about this crap! Cell phones need to be COMPLETELY forbidden from use while in driving a vehicle. Not only should it carry a fine, but it should carry at least a week long jail sentence for wreckless driving and, when one of these morons hits somebody, attempted vehicular homicide.

I have seen people on a two day alcohol binge drive better than these college girls with their little pink phone permanently attached to their head.

Why has nothing been done about this?

I swear, the day one of them hits me....I WILL be going to jail (if not the morgue) after promptly dropping their arse with my tire iron....several times.

Oh, you think their regular driving is bad...haha...you should see them trying to change lanes with this thing glued to them. It's like a leper trying to bathe with sandpaper.

Driving with a cellphone stuck to your ear is not only dangerous, but it's COMPLETELY inconsiderate.

I'm pretty sure that whoever it is that you MUST be on the phone with while behind the wheel of your death machine can wait a lot easier than some mother can scrape her kid off the freaking median wall.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE U.S. Government, do something right for a change and BAN cell phone usage while operating a vehicle.

THAT might actually save a few lives.

Jasn

Edit to add: I TRULY hope cell phones cause brain cancer. THAT would be a little justice in the world.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There was a case of a very pretty co-ed who mowed down two people standing off the road next to their touring bikes, well off onto the shoulder.

She reached down onto the floor of her SUV on the passenger's side to get a music CD, which meant she lost sight of the road for about 5-10 seconds fishing around.

Of course if you reach right you have to hold onto the top of the wheel with your left hand. This causes the wheel to turn to the right the further you reach.

She -admitted- it and got off with community service, no fine, no jail time.

Everyone was SO concerned that she had 'suffered enough', they didn't even talk about the victims, mainly because she was young and pretty and just cried a lot.

So just be sure you get a makeover before going to court...and, uh, practice your crying.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It is illegal to drive and talk on a mobile here. Not that it seems to be policed very well. Most new cars come with a hands free set up now.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Some dumb bunny in SF a couple years ago was driving her SUV, talking on her cell phone, and drove straight into the rear end of a parked police car.

The news didn't follow up with what she got for that. Probably a slap on the wrist. At least no one was killed though.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've heard rumors out here in Cali, that laws will be (actually have been ) passed preventing such acts of retardation ( driving will yapping on the derned phone!), but I don't believe they're being enforced yet. I kind of hope natural selection will take over and cleanse our gene pool of such narcistic, self-absorbed a-holes, but then I see some crap like a guy slamming on his brakes in rush hour traffic ( on his cell phone, of course- not to mention, what would warrant one going fast enough during rush hour traffic on I-405 to slam on the brakes ), do a 180 degree turn thru 3 lanes of heavy traffic ( need I say "rush hour" one more time?) and survive!!!
Not to mention, if he had wrecked ( God forbid!!:bash
, modern medicine would have kept him alive, possibly allowing him to procreate so we could have more CELL PHONE TALKING-WHILE-DRIVING-INCONSIDERATE-UNOBSERVANT-DRIVERS!!!
But, no, I can't smoke a spliff in the privacy of my home because-why- it's illegal!!!

Our priorities are WAY messed up!!!!

new topics

top topics

join