It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aliens will not reveal themselves - Yet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You are talking about disasters. How is the acknowledgement of alien life a disaster? If there were no imminent threat then why panic? Most people "know" that there are other lifeforms somewhere out there, but it doesn't make them "freak out."

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here is a simple reason, in order for their agenda to be carried out successfully the masses can't know that they exist.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver
Look at history. Any impending disaster would make people run to the store and clean off the shelves.

Sometimes that isn't the case, look at when people found out about were not living on a flat earth, the sun doesn't revovle around the earth etc. People didn't scream, they said huh? Oh interesting, and went on about there lives.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That was a different culture in a different era. Today in a matter of minutes, the entire world can be informed on any new events. In the days of Columbus it took years and the ones who cared where far fewer.

I personnally think they are here and waiting for us to blow each other up so they can just put up shop without a fight.

After all, time to them is just a dimension that they are already mastered, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Do I think there's life elsewhere in the universe? Of course. Intelligent life? Very possible. But why do we all of a sudden have to assume they'd come here?

This argument as to why aliens wouldn't visit the earth amazes me every time I hear it. I just don't see how someone could pretend to know for sure that an alien species wouldn't want to exam us like we examine tree frogs, birds, whales, ants, worms, lions, etc... Why do these nature people travel half way around the world to study insects? BUT A BETTER QUESTION IS WHY DO YOU ASSUME ALIENS WOULDN'T WANT TO COME HERE WITH ALL THE GENETIC DIVERSITY HERE ON EARTH?

If we do it on our own planet, then it would be pretty safe to say that other intelligent beings might want to study lower life forms as well. The truth is right in front of your face and if the only thing you can come up with is "Why would they want to come here" then I suggest looking for another reason as to why you think intelligent beings haven't been visiting earth for hundreds and hundreds of years.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Aliens are watching us ,our world leaders may/will disect them starting a multi-planetary war. My theory is most of them are peaceful wanting only to watch us.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eagledriver

====
Mod Edit:

*snip* OT post deleted.

Here, our mission is to make every post count, while contributing civilly and with decorum, please.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Aliens are watching us ,our world leaders may/will disect them starting a multi-planetary war. My theory is most of them are peaceful wanting only to watch us.

I highly doubt a few dissections will start an intergalactic war. I know America starts wars over a "terrorist attack", but I'm pretty sure we're not foolish to mess with the bigger boys.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we do trade offs of our share of human and "alien" corpses. Also, I'm pretty sure there'd be an intergalactic federation protecting us from harm and enslavement. Also, it'd be pretty low for any "superior" race to attack an inferior kind for stupid reasons. I'm also sure that "intelligent" life forms would be just of their own power and not abuse it.. but that's up to their own agenda.. not ours.

I could be wrong, and there could be some superior race that enslaves inferiors for their own good. But honestly, intergalactic colonization would be pretty hard to control. It'd be pretty much the "American Colonization" all over again.. except intergalactic. There are infinite possibilities as to what happens.. really.

But if any superior race decides to fight us just because of curiosity, that's low.. but then again, curiosity killed the cat. I'm not doubting that humans have already began researching these lifeforms, but I don't think an entire race would start a war over curiosity. Heck, I've gotta say that I'd send some undeserving criminal scum to be dissected for the sake of scientific research.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think that the obvious reason is that there aren't any here. Based on evidence, it's reasonable to doubt that ET is visiting us. The distance between stars is profoundly greater than most people realise. UFOs are far more likely to be military projects.

In spite of this, I'm open to the notion that someone or something is here. Nobody can possibly *know* why they remain (poorly) hidden. We could speculate that they are fascinated to study a fabled Type 0 intelligence. Much like we have jokes about blacks, whites, Poles, Irish, blondes etc, they might joke about how many humans it takes to change a lightbulb
If I have to speculate about something that might not even exist, I prefer to imagine that they are benign and that human nature is not a benchmark for intelligent, sentient life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join