It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333

Could you please clarify your meaning of the term "football?"

The football is the case with the launch codes for the nuke weapons, always carried by an official close to the president.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

They can trace it to the reactor that it was created it, but again like I said, in the case of a false flag event, the people detonating the bomb are the same ones that control the equipment that detects where the core was made.

Also there are so many missing nukes from all over the world, that who knows how many covert nukes there are floating around.

I believe I read a thread about South Africa's nukes being loaded on a b-52 that subsequently crashed in the Indian ocean on the way to Diego Garcia.

Heck a b-36 crashed on my family's ranch next door to Holloman AFB in the 1950's with nukes on board.

I think we have "lost" 11-14 nukes, the U.S.S.R has lost up to 44 nukes at sea.

This is horrifyingly scary stuff, we are no safer now than we were at the height of the cold war.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333

Could you please clarify your meaning of the term "football?"

I have never heard the word used in that context. Thanks

The football is the name given to the breifcase which contains the presidents nuclear release authorisation codes. The football is always caried by an officer of teh military who is never far from the President no matter where he is.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is a wow thread. I sure hope this is all bull crap and nothing like this happens.
We desperately need someone in office that will protect us from these kind of things. The missing nuke seems more like a good ole scramble to confuse and not be able to place blame or track what really happened. Reminds me of something that happened to a former president.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

They can trace it to the reactor that it was created it, but again like I said, in the case of a false flag event, the people detonating the bomb are the same ones that control the equipment that detects where the core was made.

That would require coercing a hell of a lot of people, hardly makes for an airtight secret. There are far beter ways they could aquire a nuclear warhead, without being so obvious. Like I said, I'm sure the Israeli's would give them one.

I believe I read a thread about South Africa's nukes being loaded on a b-52 that subsequently crashed in the Indian ocean on the way to Diego Garcia.

I don't think the US ever transported any weapons from South Africa.

I think we have "lost" 11-14 nukes, the U.S.S.R has lost up to 44 nukes at sea.

I think it's closer to 70 for the US

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok, I checked and rechecked to make sure that nobody had posted this previously.

Here is a list of the cities that are at 100,000 or more. (This goes to reference a post that was made on the first page)

Cities with population of 100,000 or more

IF this were to happen, it could honestly happen anywhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes but have any ever been lost under these circumstances?

Planes crashing and subs sinking and losing nukes in the process is one thing, but when supposedly six are loaded and five are landed and there is a 10 hour gap before its realized then it appears we are dealing with something different than what has occurred in the past.

On the other end of the spectrum is all the supposedly unaccounted for nukes from the former soviet union. If those accounts are even partially true then there has to be a few more nukes out there in god knows who's hands. And to date none of those have been used.

Edit to add:

If all these nukes from the US and former soviet union are indeed missing and have not been used so far then maybe the are all worthless as nuclear bombs without the detonation codes?

I have no idea but I think if some terrorist organization could have used one they would have used one.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That would sure suck for me if a nuclear bomb went off in Phoenix..lol

But i don't know..as far as guts wise, i don't feel anything from this..or i'm just not sure anymore..a lost nuke is kind of a big deal for something to be lost

if whoever that has the nuke and were to make it go off somewhere...i'd think it would be a smaller city that could isolate the spread..not some moderately sized city but if it were for the real terrorist..LA is good and up for grabs..

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow.

All I can say is, even if there's a shread of truth to all this, keep this topic of discussion alive, and spread it whereever possible. If this is disseminated wide and far enough, maybe it will put a haitus on this particular step of 'their' plan.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

That number was later updated to six weapons missing from Minot, apparently based on anonymous tips provided to Military Times by people at Minot.

Am I right to understand that the whole frenzy is based on "anonymous tips" by people at Minot?
Wouldn't it be a first move to get some kind of assurance that indeed we're talking about 6 nukes going out and not 5. Someone must be officially accountable to state the exact number of missing missiles and warheads, no?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
And still no proof that the claim of 6 weapons originally missing wasn't just something coming from a mistaken, misinformed, or lying source.

And even less evidence (to be specific, absolutely NONE at all) to suggest that, if there is a missing nuke, it's eventual destination is to be set off in an American city to further some evil conspiracy.

And yet that's what every poster so far seems to believe, for no apparent reason other than not being able to comprehend a world that's not as dark and doomed is it could possibly be.

Do you people even CARE if you're taken seriously? If so, how about some evidence? How about filling in the MASSIVE GAP in the OP's post between the suggestion that a nuke might be missing, and the conclusion that it will be used on US soil?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Wow.

All I can say is, even if there's a shread of truth to all this, keep this topic of discussion alive, and spread it whereever possible. If this is disseminated wide and far enough, maybe it will put a haitus on this particular step of 'their' plan.

I have actually mailed every news agency I could think of except Fox News (for obvious reasons). Please do the same, it wont hurt.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Whatever may happen, someone is betting $4.5 Billion that there is going to be a massive stock market drop before 9/21. The last time this type of stock option was used to this extent was just prior to 9/11/01.

Hmm... Let's see... a stand down on 9/14 would be an appropriate time.

www.canadafreepress.com...

I certainly hope this doesn't happen, but this is making too much sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchingout
Whatever may happen, someone is betting $4.5 Billion that there is going to be a massive stock market drop before 9/21. The last time this type of stock option was used to this extent was just prior to 9/11/01.

I know... but maybe they will be able to stop it before it happens. According to www.halturnershow.com... they are trying to arrest Bush. No idea how true that is, but lets hope it is.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just a thught but
Could all of this be false to test how much info we can get ?
If they know that we know what we know then they
will know that they can do something else with every one
looking in the other direction ..

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchingout

The issue of the put options has been resolved...the calls were made late in August. No longer an issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

DebkaFile is reporting that Two Additional US Carrier-Strike Groups are bound for the Persian Gulf Region. The USS Nimitz and USS Truman) (here)(track) They will be joining the existing USS Enterprise Strike Group in the region... Russia Just Delivered some SSN-X-26 Yakhont Super Sunburn Missiles (Carrier Killers) to Iran (here) and Iran is reporting that the Duma is considering rushing their very most advanced anti-ballistic missile system (S-400) to Iran (here) Is their missile systems serious - believe it (here) Carriers will arrive end of September if the Mossad authored Debka file is accurate, so it gives us a small reprieve... We conclude the media-ignored Paris talks did NOT go as planned, and now the brinkmanship is being notched up a rachet.. (here) Expect and watch to see if Russia matches the brinkmanship in the next week by delivering the S-400 Missile shield system to Iran... (here) What we don't get is this : if the average cruising speed of a strike group is about 24 knots (estimate), they move 24 hrs a day, so they go at least 550 miles a day, they won't be there by the end of September rather, they will be there in about 7-8 days if they want to, their speed is limited by the refueling tanker in the strike group... If Russia is willing to share missiles with Iran, I am certain that they will be keeping the Iranians posted on the speed and ETA of the carriers from monitoring satellites... Watch Iranian TV for 'defiant articles' or 'cooperative articles' in this game of brinkmanship... (here) Media and even the alternatives are totally ignoring how serious this is getting... Not even covering it at all..

www.anomalicresearch.com...

In my view the US strikes before the S-400 are delivered to Iran.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Terrapop]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
And still no proof that the claim of 6 weapons originally missing wasn't just something coming from a mistaken, misinformed, or lying source.

And even less evidence (to be specific, absolutely NONE at all) to suggest that, if there is a missing nuke, it's eventual destination is to be set off in an American city to further some evil conspiracy.

And yet that's what every poster so far seems to believe, for no apparent reason other than not being able to comprehend a world that's not as dark and doomed is it could possibly be.

Do you people even CARE if you're taken seriously? If so, how about some evidence? How about filling in the MASSIVE GAP in the OP's post between the suggestion that a nuke might be missing, and the conclusion that it will be used on US soil?

I can't agree more with the above. There's a big leap from something missing and actually using. In fact, the entire premis of the original post is based on the fact there were 6 missles rather than 5. Could it be, just possibly, that a spokeman made a mistake? Could it be, there were only 5? Could it be simply a major, and I do mean major FUBAR by USAF personel?
Why go to the leap of someone setting a bomb off?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

DebkaFile is reporting that Two Additional US Carrier-Strike Groups are bound for the Persian Gulf Region. The USS Nimitz and USS Truman) (here)(track) They will be joining the existing USS Enterprise Strike Group in the region... Russia Just Delivered some SSN-X-26 Yakhont Super Sunburn Missiles (Carrier Killers) to Iran (here) and Iran is reporting that the Duma is considering rushing their very most advanced anti-ballistic missile system (S-400) to Iran (here) Is their missile systems serious - believe it (here) Carriers will arrive end of September if the Mossad authored Debka file is accurate, so it gives us a small reprieve... We conclude the media-ignored Paris talks did NOT go as planned, and now the brinkmanship is being notched up a rachet.. (here) Expect and watch to see if Russia matches the brinkmanship in the next week by delivering the S-400 Missile shield system to Iran... (here) What we don't get is this : if the average cruising speed of a strike group is about 24 knots (estimate), they move 24 hrs a day, so they go at least 550 miles a day, they won't be there by the end of September rather, they will be there in about 7-8 days if they want to, their speed is limited by the refueling tanker in the strike group... If Russia is willing to share missiles with Iran, I am certain that they will be keeping the Iranians posted on the speed and ETA of the carriers from monitoring satellites... Watch Iranian TV for 'defiant articles' or 'cooperative articles' in this game of brinkmanship... (here) Media and even the alternatives are totally ignoring how serious this is getting... Not even covering it at all..

www.anomalicresearch.com...

IMHO...DEBKAFILE is hardly a credible source...and the anomaly website...that's all a bunch of nonsensical opining.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchingout

As a former professional trader the whole incident of the option trade is completely misunderstood and taken out of context.

Even a small move in the SPX would have resulted in a gain or loss based on what side of the trade one was on.

A 4.5 billion dollar trade in the option market is not that out of the ordinary and not that large given the leverage of options.

An out right sale or purchase of an index ETF would in my mind certainly raise eyebrows.

Check out the thread on ATS regarding that specific trade. It will expaline all you need to know

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join