It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will happen when....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Such improvements meant that he was able to recommend a gradual withdrawal of 30,000 American troops by next (northern) summer, with about 2000 Marines departing from Iraq this month followed by an Army brigade of around 4000 soldiers in December. By July 2008, troop numbers should have fallen to the presurge level of around 130,000.

Brilliant, That little cherry was meant to make everything better.
Something I find is being largley ignored by all this rukkus...

What will happen to the corporate army in Iraq?

Its all good if we pull the 150,000 odd troops out, but what about the 150,000 paid mercenaries..

Is this war going to be palmed off from America's front line to become a corporate investment?

We all know people akin to Cheney will be back involved in Halliburton once their term is over, is he going to then be in control of the mercenary factor in Iraq?

General, the account you have given on Iraq is very obviously politically motivated.
You are a traitor to that uniform you wear, and every american solider should be sickened by your song and dance show, that has been prepared, written, organised and discussed long before you delivered it today.

People died wearing that unfirom to stop men manipulating people like you.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

General, the account you have given on Iraq is very obviously politically motivated.
You are a traitor to that uniform you wear, and every american solider should be sickened by your song and dance show, that has been prepared, written, organised and discussed long before you delivered it today.

People died wearing that unfirom to stop men manipulating people like you.

i agree 100% i watched most of the report yesterday,and that was going through my mind,and the fact he sounded so scripted.

even some of the lo0ks he gave irritated me,i was honestly wishing he was going to do the right thing and tell it like it is,that the war is not going as planned and will never go like they want it.

on cnn online live feed, they showed clips of a few Soldiers talking about how they felt about how the war and surge was going.... no suprise,most of who talked on camera,wanted to go home,and didnt think it was going to go well anytime soon.

sad... being stuck in a hell hole like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The public should be the ones who decide to go to war, because they'd only go, when they believed it was in socieities interest.
not corprate ambitions.

join