It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job Interviw with an ISP - Interview Questions and Written Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hey I applied for a job at an ISP and they rang me today and said come in for an interview. They also said there would be a written test. What sort of questions do you think they will ask? I've never applied for an IT job before. Comments feedback would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

Well, what is the position you are applying for? How big is the company?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Technical support. Like in a call center i think. Its a medium sized isp.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Perhaps they'd take some questions off the Microsoft A+ certification test related to PC troubleshooting?

Do you have a Cert?

You might ask them if you can do it 'open book', or bring a reference, or even fill it out and bring it back the next day.

After all, though many questions require you think on your feet, some questions really just rely on you knowing where to find the answers.

I'd ask for a sample sheet of questions so you can study a bit.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I could be TOTALLY WRONG here, but for a call center job with a mid sized ISP, I don't think you'll get anything too technically detailed. Probably more of a general knowledge type thing just making sure you're able to think logically and string together a coherent response.

Good advice above though. Just ask them and see how much they'll divulge. Worst that can happen is that they won't tell you but at least they'll know you're taking the process seriously.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah true... I actually rang my friend in the meantime who works there. And he said the interview just consisted of normal interview questions and the written test consisted of general knowledge like what does ISDN stand for and what is it.
It's not too technical the job... I took it as I'm studying IT and wanted to get a foot in at any level as I have always worked in hospitality.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have no idea what ISDN stands for, but I know exactly what it does, and how it's bundled for use.

As a matter of fact, if I was quizzed on what all of the IT acronyms stood for I would fail miserably. However, I do consider myself a very competent IT guy.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'd agree with some other posters that your question base wouldn't be extremely technical. I don't agree that certs make a big deal these days of course depending on the level of cert acquired. There are too many "paper" certs who've done the tests but don't their ass from a hole in the ground. That's not to say certs don't have some validity though.

Best of luck on your interview.

brill

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hey guys, well I had the interview and the test the other day. Went quit good was half hour interview and half hour test. The test was easy... most of the questions were things like what's the difference between a switch and a router... what do you think makes a good ISP.... What's WAIX, The user can't recieve his emails what do you think is the problem. The actual interview went longer than expected asked me a heap of questions. So they called my reference on Friday and that went well now just waiting to here from them.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sounds good iCEdTenG!

I wish the best of luck to you!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hey guys thanks for your help and support i just got the call today that I got the job and start next Monday

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Congrats!

top topics

join