It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police break up anti-war meeting in Washington

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

oh yes massa , we weill take it to the otha site massa....wait, you're not frickin moderator! shut the_up!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

i looked for that topic before i posted and didn't see it. sorry

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar

i looked for that topic before i posted and didn't see it. sorry

ha ha ha!! i thoght one more time couldn't hurt ha ha ha !!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by joeyvelder

darn page got froze up now he's probably ran everyone away.

I was just informed by the MODS that my thread was moved, rather than closed. So we're still open for business folks!

[edit on 9/10/2007 by janasstar]
oops, somehow this page got jammed with the other thread. sorry joey, wasn't talking to you!

[edit on 9/10/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
reply to post by janasstar

Do you realize how many protests of various sorts are scheduled there every week? It would be nice if the protesters did clean up after themselves but that is not the case. It's a mess after one of these protests and the posters all over the city are just trash after the event. If I lived there I'd want guidelines on the methods used also. And the city has to provide clean-up of the area and also police protection if it is believed there will be anti-protesters.

Also my sister is heavily involved with some causes and conflict is usually part of the plan to gain media coverage, the better to get their message out. This one was very clever, they're able to claim loss of freedom of speech on top of their impeachment call. If ya'll think this wasn't planned in advance.......I just can't say it.

Lol, look at Alex Jones. I used to watch him and his buddies get arrested routinely here in Austin. He loved it. It boosted his message to a larger audience when he was featured on the news here. Back then it was very minor causes that he was promoting. Look where he is now.

STM

[edit on 9/10/2007 by seentoomuch]

I could well believe that if the protest was over and they were already in violation. But how do they know that these foliks won't clean up after themselves?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wait, litter problems... I understand city work crews, ect. But, come on, how much would it cost for that, and in comparison to 'The War on terror', thats chump change. Even in one on one contact sport, opponents respect the other one first and foremost, they bow, or shake hands. You want to keep sending our men and women to die, okay then, clean up some litter- federal agencies foot the bill- There's some respect. What ever happened to, being the better 'man' anyways?

They are equally correct in their nature and existence, protesters and government. For, if it weren;t for one than the other would not exist. The governement makes the decision on 'behalf of the people' (suppossedly), and when their not doing their 'job; as far as this body of 'people' are concerned, then the people may react accordingly. Had they pleased all the people (which, never happens either, of course) in overwhelming majority, then the protesters would not exist. Had there never been any protesters of sorts, well then, there would be no need for a government, eh?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyvelder
this thread already exists! please do a search before starting a new thread! everyone needs to stop posting here and go to the original thread which is better described and better participated.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry but I posted this article over THREE days before this other thread was started. Sometimes important links get buried. Sometimes admins miss that a thread has already been posted. I am just trying to do my part to improve the continuity of ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The city has many years of experience in the after effects of events of all sorts. If they let one event go that didn't follow the guidelines all the following event planners would not follow the guidelines. There are very set in concrete rules that allow the events to happen without incident and also keep the clean-up of the announcements "all over the city" to be easily handled. I noticed (this thought is coming from what my sister told me about their strategies) that the laws which were broken and the fines were the minimum for the event planners (good planning, people), but still they got maximum coverage. It was a great trade off, they totally benefitted and spread the message of impeachment even further than if nothing had happened there.

And just for the record I am not for impeachment, I support term limits that I feel will do more to protect our rights and to give us better representation than this proposed action.

STM

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

No! You tried to steam roll all over my thread! Just leave the moderating to the Mod's.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

ooh! snap! good post janasstar!, "no steam rollin" "no steam rollin"!!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I saw that the lady in the video, pointed out to the cops that she was within city guidelines for proper bio-degradable adhesive. Hestill took her stuff away. Can you explain that?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Lol, I'm sure she did say that! All the better for the cameras! Read the local papers there, I'm sure there will be mention of the adhesive they used. I can see the city cleaners picking at the poles, walls, telephones with their fingernails trying to get the tape off. Really, you just have to look at the advantage this hoopla gave the protesters, they totally benefitted. They figure that a little lie now and then "on camera" will be seen by many, whereas the one paragraph truth on the local level will be seen by very few. They actually have classes in these techniques.

STM

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do you think that the cop rushing the people with his horse was an acceptable thing? There didn't seem to be anyone getting out of hand or breaking the law. What would have been his right to break up, 'peaceful assembly?'

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

"Illegal" assembly if they broke the rules, which I STRONGLY suspect they did (totally benefits the protesters' cause). And as for the rush of the horse patrol I would wonder if anyone off camera did something. These policeman are well trained and are only to react strongly if something gives them cause. The officers in question will probably give the details of what happened off camera in the coming days. Again in a one paragraph mention on page A-21. Always keep in mind who benefits.

STM

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You do bring some very valid points to mind. In the case of the American people, I hope that you are correct. Because otherwise, we have a very grave situation on our hands. Hopefully, in the coming days, we may find out more. But as to who's truth it is, is anybody's guess. I have worked in law enforcement, and will be the first to admit'
yes, they are highly trained individuals, and yes there are some good ones. and oh yes, there are some bad ones.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
One question and this should settle it:

If there had not been any conflict whatsoever would we even be discussing this group of protesters?

They're clever, aren't they.

STM

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

you're right, if they hadn't been there i wouldn't be laughing at them so hard! ha ha ha ! bunch of clowns

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I wish it were that cut and dried for me. but i have an enquiring mind. and it might be all as you say, offset by the protestors for publicity. This would be a might stupid thing for them to do, if this is the case. everyone has a hair trigger at this point, what with the patriot act, and rumors flying about Bush-Nazi conspiracies, and the ever-pressing NWO, looming in the distance. Something like this could set off far more than an impeachment. It might set off a civil war!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
They don't care what it sets off as long as their party is benefitted in any way. They're actually being used and they don't even realize it.

STM

Push for term limits.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by seentoomuch]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join