It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to great lengths to help a child!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
WHAT IS LOCKS OF LOVE?

Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

loks of love

Sometimes in this life you have to just give. And my hair was like my soul! Those of you who know me, I was Doc Sampson(Avenger member)thanks steve-o!

These kids have to go threw alot! And what am I going to do with long hair now?
Im pretty much over "raging aginst the machine". And its holding me back from being taken seriously in public debates.. sad but true..
And it doesnt take long hair to keep playing my guitar & piano

I can return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from cancer. And Im also doing this for the people of ATS! As we are toping the list on the internet. And need to set a standard to the rest of the world! With love and selfless acts!
If you want anything to ever change, you have to just do it! I cut all my hair off, what would you like to do to help in your own way?

Any guy who ever had long hair knows the game.. Dudes, I know, I said I wouldnt cut it.. But you know what... It will grow back
But change is good!! And I have many issues I would like to speak out aginst..! And I need to have short hair to do it.. Its just how it is.. I GET it now.

Lets see how this works out being able to mix into a group of suit and tie guys..
This should be interesting
*doing the robot dance*

My sisters friend works at the hair salon, she invited me to come down and get a free cut since I was donating it.. They gave me the set up and I just have to mail it in.

All together I was able to yeild a 35 inch Braided pony tail.. It was down to my hips

And as Carl would say.. "I dont need no instructions to know how to rock!!!"

Before..

And after

Here is some more info that can help you understand more about kids in this world that are sick, and NEED your help!!!

General information

More linkage

[edit on 10-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Let me say thank you, for someone who may not ever know who you are or why you did this, I'll say it for that special person that you have helped out.

Good Job.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
zysin5, let me be the first to congratulate you on having a heart of gold.You have just help to make a child very happy at a difficult time in their life.And might I say... you do look 15.Where is that fountain of youth hiding in your back yard, and how do I find it?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thanks man
I really did this for everyone but myself!! Its about time I did something to not only the change the outlook, but make a small change in the world I live in

AccessDenied-- Thanks agin!! And like I said before hehe, its all in your mind!! We are only as young as we feel friends!! I feel very young still, and have a great love for life, and those who live in this world with me!
Emapthy will help an aging man/woman stay young!
Lots of water! No drugs, and a free spirit!!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
big resect

someone will be very grateful
star given for that

sorry but my hair is always shaved off

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Good for you, man -- I've known guys with long hair and getting them to cut it would have been nearly impossible. The world needs more people like you.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
spliffy--Thanks man
Np. WE can all find our own personal ways to help out.. This is just the start for me here!!

MajorMalfunction-- I know what you mean! I was one of those guys!!
But after being on ATS, and seeing the way the world is slowing going down hill, its time I stood up and just did something about it!!

I hope to become a speaker, and talk in front of groups of people now in my area about Ron Paul, and other pressing matters..
You see people dont listen to some long haired "hippe"

But they sertinly will listen to a well thought out speach, by a young man who is all clean cut... hehe

Yep, they will never know!! Im still that long haired fella underneath it all!

Like that song...
Long haired freaky people need not apply! So I tucked my hair up under my hat and went in to ask him why..
Well you look like a fine upstanding young man, yes you do..!

Edit--- ITs going to take them 1 to 2 weeks for them to send me my thank you card, but once I get it, I will scan it in and share with you all here

I might even get my name in the local paper here, becasue my donation was the longest male donation in the county I live in

I told um.. well I really dont want any specail credit, or any limelight, ya know its just something I wanted to do, not for myself, but for them

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Much respect, my friend.

Much respect.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The power to act is something that we...as individuals...often overlook. A word, a deed, a single thought carried through to its conclusion, can change your own life as much as it can provide hope, faith, and charity for others. By word and by deed, we change the world around us. When good people do nothing, the bad guys win.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is a very cool thing and kudos to you for starting this. However, I am bald, not one hair on my head. Anyone have any for me?
.j/k. I lost my hair at the age of 16.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
When good people do nothing, the bad guys win.

That is my driving factor here. Thank you Justin for your words of inspiration!

Lex-- My man, thank you

SCP- You are welcome, and one of my best friends also went bald at a very young age, but he is like you! Man you are already doing your part in all this!! You dont need hair to make a differance like you have in the past with you're posts, and being in NY seeing it play it before you..

We can all make a differance by doing something!! Thats all there is to it!
You dont need alot of money, long flowing locks! You have have to open your heart, and find where you fit into all of this.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow...that is great of you. Nice job.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is so great.

Nothing makes me happier than an act of kindness and generosity. Thanks for making my day a little brighter with yours.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You really are an Avenger amigo, sorry I haven't been on as much but school is kickin' my behind durin' the night hours so I rarely show up on this site. If I had hair I'd do the same thing , hope we get to chat again !!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
enjoies05--Thank you sir!!

Duzey- Im glad I could brighten up your day!! Hearing all this sertinly made my day!! Not to mention the good feeling I get from doing a good thing!!

steve-o- Good to hear brother!! You keep up with that school work!!
And no problem!! We will be holding down the fort for you till you get back man!!!

I was so pleased to get such a good response out of you members here!
REally thank you! I was a bit hesitant about doing this, as I didnt want to come off as some holier than thou person. I just wanted to show you, If I can do it! than so can you!!!

I felt for a long time I was just crazy!!! But I wasnt, I just knew to much!
And am here to share that with you all!!
A little music video that I love!! and is a good message!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
On a day like today (9-11-07), we should all take a moment to realize our potential. We can do more than we think. We matter more than we are told. When you are a good example. others will follow. zysin5, your challenge now is to use your newly discovered self-empowerment wisely and responsibly. Now that you know others can and will follow, you should only use your super powers for good.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
you look great with your short hair, it goes well with your good heart.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you look great with your short hair, it goes well with your good heart.

Thank you Worldwatcher! I am truely honored by what you said!!

And as promised here is the card they sent to me

And agin thanks everyone who was a part of this with me!! This is only the beggining! I have high hopes that with time, I can meet my new challenge head on!!(Thanks Justin!)
And remember folks, you dont need hair to help out in your own specail way! This was my first step in making this world a better place for the little ones who will be growing up in this world!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Kudos to you for helping in a very special way. Locks of love is a wonderful organization. My daughter did the same thing as well. Her hair was down to her waist and the braid was 5 inches in diameter.

The world needs more people like you.

Just as an aside I think you look darn good with short hair.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Zysin, excellent example of what it means to be selfless and to check the ego at the door of hope for a brighter tomorrow for the little ones that have so little. Star to you!

join