It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Bin Laden Video Is a Forgery?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In my opinion there is something very dubious about the whole bin laden scenerio! i cant believe with the the likes of british and american intelligence not bein able to find him a bit absurd!

Relating to the video though, its a web based video and quality is never good. The video pausing could be due to lag, bad connection or recording problems! his voice can alter in time due to what diet he is on and could have throat infection, plus the mic sound quality is always gonna be different!

All im saying is dont look to deep into this people, this guy is hiding remember and doesnt have access to a recording studio.

But good opinions all round though

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.boomantribune.com...

The words spoken when the video is in motion contain no references to contemporary events and could have been (and likely were) made before the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The video probably just froze, I've seen it before when watching videos that froze while audio is still going. Could be many different reasons for that screw up. Besides look at the time at 1:40.

Anyways the audio still mentions the Iraq and Afghan war and Democratic control of Congress which concludes that it was made long after 2006.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I believe this is a forgery because an "earlier" video has him with a gray beard. Wasn't that hard to figure out for me, but believe what you will.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I believe this is a forgery because an "earlier" video has him with a gray beard. Wasn't that hard to figure out for me, but believe what you will.

Yeah the U.S. govt. made a big time mistake. They thought the world is 1985 as of right now.
Time reversal.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here comes the Bin-Boogie Man!
If you aren't being good boys and girls he'll take your freedoms while you sleep!

The video is so ridiculous it's laughable. Aside from the fact that this Bin Laden doesn't physically match the others (will the real Osama please stand up) the video itself pauses for periods of time while the "voice over" continues to ramble on about how the democrats are not doing enough to support the terrorist goals. Osama is now playing reverse partisan games?

My God, this is so much bunk.

I've read people say that since it's possibly fraudulent then our wealthy government could not have produced the low quality forgery. Yet as flawed as it is, there are still those in the media and elsewhere claiming this is authentic and a possibly a precursor to a future attack. I agree with the latter though I am skeptical as to whom the perpetrators really are.

People are working to authenticate this video...and I've heard everything from "His dyed beard could be a sign to strike", to he "may have gained weight from drug therapy". The thing is...if this was a government con-job they wouldn't need to be 100% efficient in their efforts because most people are so afraid to accept the truth that they themselves fill in the blanks for the perpetrators.

These Bin-Laden Redux videos are being reused to push an agenda. Notice the timing of when these little fear "reminders" are released?

Breitbart-Petraeus Talks of Troop Withdrawal

We're to be convinced that this "Elmer Fudd" administration is the best hunter for the task of capturing this "wascally wabbit", yet it's about 6 years since the attack and like the cartoon, the taunting Osama is still on the loose. The logic of recognizing this administrations failures escapes the minds of most.

It's sad that people are believing this fraudulent garbage.

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
The United States has many enemies and to make a bold claim that we have killed more people (I assume you mean civilians and not enemy combatants) in my eyes is just attrocious.

A very (very) conservative estimate of civilian deaths in Iraq claimed it to be around 60,000+. If anyone in Iraq was responsible for the civilian deaths on 9-11 (they weren't when we invaded) then yes we have killed MUCH more civilians. It's a fact that is atrocious.

We just don't keep official count.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hmm right, American soldiers are directly responsible for those "civilian" casualties.

Right.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
DON"T BE AFRAID! IT is ALL a BIG Sham!

Whoever is on the video, he is telling an innocent story that is partly true and his plea to convert to Islam is so cute.

Al Qaeda does not excist!! It is a projection of fear and media. For those who don't know, watch this excellent BBC video The Shadows of the Cave

Part 3-6

Part 4-6

Part 5-6

Part 6-6

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This website speaks volumes www.whatreallyhappened.com...
if anyone is still believes this video is real take a look at this.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr
DON"T BE AFRAID! IT is ALL a BIG Sham!

Whoever is on the video, he is telling an innocent story that is partly true and his plea to convert to Islam is so cute.

Al Qaeda does not exsist!! It is a projection of fear and media. For those who don't know, watch this excellent BBC video The Shadows of the Cave.

Of course they do- they were created by the CIA back in the 80's. And Osama Bin Laden is cia opertive Tim Osman.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tofu9
In my opinion there is something very dubious about the whole bin laden scenerio! i cant believe with the the likes of british and american intelligence not bein able to find him a bit absurd!

Why is it absurd?
Hell, the FBI have had people on their 'wanted' list for over 20 years and that is trying to find someone here in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Do they have all of the military branches out looking for them? At best they have a few agents each guy on the most wanted list.

We sent our whole military after OBL.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aquarius3733

We sent our whole military after OBL.

How long did it take us to find Saddam Hussein with hundreds of thousands of troops in populated areas in a flat desert?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Of course they do- they were created by the CIA back in the 80's. And Osama Bin Laden is cia opertive Tim Osman.

Tim Osman? Got any proof of that?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arclore

How can you state this as fact without providing something to back up your claim? I'll admit that I think it's fake as well, but I'd rather pot my opinion than to say with confidence that it's a fake.

And now my opinion. I've thought since the beginning, right after 9/11, that the whole Al Qaeda story was either untrue, or exaggerated. Before I even started reading up on the conspiracy theories, that was my gut feeling. Unfortunately, I cannot back it up with proof, as I don't have the resources to do so. The circumstances just seemed too odd. The relation to the CIA, the lack of a kill order from Clinton, there was just things that didn't add up.

You can disprove me all you want, but that's how I feel. I think something is seriously out of place in the whole situation, and I'm sure I'll never know the truth.

As for this new video, dying hair is something that I've always viewed as a thing of western culture, and the need for one to make themselves appear different, although I'm having a hard time putting the words out that I'm trying to think of. I think that Bin Laden wouldn't do something like that. He's always appeared to me as a simple man, only needing the basics to survive. Hair dye doesn't fall into that category. He's an old man, I can believe in the greyed beard videos more than the black beard.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Maybe the CIA put out a fake video before Bin Ladin could release his own basically messing with his head. We all heard that he was going to release one on 9/11 and so the CIA may have wanted to release a fake one in order to shake things up a bit in order to see if some electronic communication will happen. Maybe someone out their will make a slip of the lip so to speak.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i heard a clip of this video today on am radio.. it was kinda screwie, but if its real the dem's have alot of explaining to do..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Let's look at the boogie man more closely, shall we?

We'll take a nice cross section of videos and have a good hard look, and wouldn't you know it, this is the one place on ATS where I know what I'm talking about.

Watch out, this first one has some graphic shots of sick babies in the beginning. Still, it's a good video because of it's age.

This, is absolutely real. The mics are well placed, we hear outdoors ambient noise, we hear subtle breathy notes in the voice that we'd want to stop with some panty hose if we were recording an album. In fact, let's remember this point. Osama's a breathy character. Very breathy in fact. More on that later.

Anyway, here we can both see and hear every nuance, annunciation, and breath. Hell, we even hear and see some rolled Rs. Osama also has a personal flourish of a sing songy delivery.

I'd like to point out the mic again, because mic placement becomes a concern of mine later

Once again, we have no question as to whether or not this has been doctored. Sam's holding a mic. We hear outdoors ambient noise. Plenty of subtle, perfectly synced nuances in his speech that we both see and hear. Sing songy delivery. And let's not forget the breathiness.

Okay, someone posted this before, but I found a version without that goofy "Arabian nights" crap playing in the backround.

Anyway, this time around we once again hear some good-ass outdoors ambient noise, yet see no mic. This tells me that the mic is on the camera, and not pinned on his shirt alla The Tonight Show. All of his speech nuances are both seen and heard. And once again we have breathiness.

Here's a video that has problems.
I went full screen for a close examination, and I found a little bit out.
First of all, there is no mic in sight.
However the sound quality is HOT. Redlining all over the place. And the "breaths" are such that the mic would have to be right in front of Sam's mouth. There is a very small room reverb in the audio. Also, much of the audio isn't in sync with the video. There are a few extra mouth movements where there shouldn't be. And the annunciation cannot be cannot be confirmed audio-visually.

My conclusion about this vid.
It's stock footage with an overdubb. The overdubb used someone speaking too closely to the mic, hence the redlining for the voice and breaths. Also, redlining the voice distorts it to the point where it's hard to determine if it is that of the original speaker, and it's also hard to determine vocal nuances.
The small room reverb tells me this was done in a little booth without the proper soundproofing.

Google Video Link

This has all of the aforementioned problems in addition to the mysterious frozen moments. At 1:38 the footage is clearly spliced because it totally skips. (did you see the movie Speed?)
This also contains a noise gate that cuts the sound input off as it degrades below a certain intensity, or amplitude.

Also, there is NO BREATHINESS. Someone forgot about it.

Altogether the sound is a bit different. Sam's "voice" is different. The "reverb" is different (bigger recording room) but seems to last for a shorter duration due to a noise gate. It's also not quite as "HOT"

The last two videos here would be considered unacceptable in any audio-video class.

"You folks fell on your face, you get an f minus in my book."

Seriously, these last two videos are not only hodge-podge production jobs, but there doesn't seem to be a standard for overdubbing.

I assume that somewhere there is a big mess of stock OBL footage that these fakers are using.

But who's faking it.

Is AQ faking it, knowing that OBL is a powerful psychological weapon.

Or are we faking it, because my tin foil hat is too tight?

What say you?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

I am very grateful to you for your analysis of these videos. The information you have provided is extremely helpful.

While I am not a native speaker of Arabic, I usually recognise a Saudi accent when I hear it. This last one especially does not sound like a native born Saudi Arabian, but I think really only another Saudi native could speak to that definitively.

Because of changes in circumstances accents and turns of phrase can and do change. Some of us slide in and out of accents depending on where we are in the English-speaking world. Someone who grew up 'talking Local' in Hawaii often speaks very differently in professional life or if they are living apart from a Hawaiian community somewhere else in the world.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
That was a pretty good analysis of the audio. I give you a B+, because of the effort you took for us. Here is a bit more fuel for the fire.

From Laura Mansfield

From the beginning of the production to minute 2, the production is in video and audio.

From minute 2 to minute 12:30, the production is audio and a still image.

From minute 12:30 to minute 14:00, the production is in video and audio.

From minute 14 to the end, the production is in audio and a still image."

Whats up with that?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
IMO, the little speech given by who may or may not be Bin Laden was definitely written/prepared by Adam Gadahn. Too much leftist bullcrap was included in it for it to have been an original Bin Laden/whoever.

Whatever happened with Bin Ladens kidney failure? Nothing has been made of it lately, which I find odd, considering that was a major talking point following 9/11.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join