It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was Bush Re-Elected in 2004, Seriously?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here is a link to the 60 Minutes expose discussing the drive to attack Iraq 10 days into Bush's first term. It is being used in support for Ron Paul apparently, but that is not necessarily my intent here. I just want to know how we allowed ourselves to get in this position....

www.youtube.com...

www.liveleak.com...

Truth about Bush from Ex-Treasury Sec. PaulO'Neill is a ATS thread discussing the original airing of the video. I did not want to 'reactivate' that discussion, partially because it is strangely telling how quick we the people forget.... Seriously, how was this not impeaching evidence? Did we still think we were going to find WMDs?

DocMoreau

(please move, I am not sure how I put this in current events)
((Thanks!))edit*2

[edit on 9/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am taking away nothing from George W. Bush, he is a great President.

But to figure out how Bush won is easy...Look at his opponent...

John Kerry.

Enough said!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

yes! ad hom attack: enough said.

shows how much your position is supported by reasoned thought instead of outright personal attacks...

oh... wait.

so where are your reasoned thought out arguments?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

An ad hom attack, hardly, that would be something like this, "Kerry couldn't win because he looks French, and the freach smell, so he smells, and his ketchup is not that good!"

He was pointing out that Kerry was a softball canidate, Kerry could never have been the leader of this country, Kerry would be best used as a Condiment, yes i realise the iorny, somehting is there to help and make other things better, like how John McCain is now, McCain did a good job for the people of Arizona (Past tense), and was a good senator, but he offers nothing new, i can't belive how he got the nomination...

Now, on how Bush was elected, it was clearly becuase he was the incumbent, and in US elections the incumbiant wins almost 90% of the time.

If a ligitimate canidate aries, then they will elected, in 2004, no legitimate canidates arose to the Preidential Election, so we were defaulted with Bush v2.2, after Bush v1.2 was never given the go around, lets hope we never see Cliniton v2.1

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Yes maybe the Democrats will learn this next time around and put up a better candidate. It wasn’t that people were voting for Bush it was they were voting against Kerry. End result is the same but big difference in the reason.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I am taking something away from George W. Bush, and that is the idea that he is a 'good president'

Maybe if he were President of an Oil Company...

The guy is a straight up liar and a cheat, and only acts to line his pockets with blood money.

Perhaps it is his blood brother, Sen. Kerry who is to blame.

Forget it... I don't know why I even posted this. You all can go ad hom yourselves.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Maybe if he were President of an Oil Company...

No, not even of the wealthiest and biggest of oil companies... he would run that down too. He's only good at one thing, that being daddy's boy.

And daddy took care he was elected, that should be obvious, because HIS daddy is one of the de facto 'Big' Daddies of this world.

That said, I came to this thread anticipating to get a recap of the most prominent election fraud of our time, and what do I find? The usual red'n white, blue vs red bickering mixed with the kind of patrioism that makes me nasueous.

I thought I would be entlightened on the Florida 'irregularatives' about the 1. generation computing machine they used there, those that didn't punch the hole all out, thus causing massive data corruption. (Or was that in 2000?)

Anyway as the confusion amassed and all depending on the Florida pool, the networks couldn't keep their viewers up all night, then some news director on Fox -who btw happened to be kin related to Laura- declared victory for Florida. The major networks then had to follow within minutes.

News, too major to reverse.

Something like that.

The Ohio irregularatives I have even lesss check on.

Wassit too many dead people voting there?

Things like I had hoped to find information on clicking the thread tittle, so please give it a chance Doc, and don't let the trollers put you off.

Some come to ATS for promoting their personal views, yah some baically for bickering them.

I come here for information and new perspectives.

edited typos....

[edit on 11-9-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I voted for him and volunteered for a while fund raising for him. Hopefully I helped, even if just in a small part.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

thanks for giving us 4 more years to creep closer and closer to a fascist system!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Alot of people confuse fascism for patriotism.

If you root for the US in the Olympics, are you a fascist?

If you wake up everyday thanking God that you where born in the USA, are you a fascist?

If you elect leaders that are willing to protect the US from enemies, foreign and domestic. are you a fascist?

If you get shivers down you spine when you hear "The Star Spangled Banner", are you a fascist? Same when a chant of USA! USA! USA! gets started?

Love of country is not fascism!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I voted for him and volunteered for a while fund raising for him. Hopefully I helped, even if just in a small part.

It would surprise me if you didn't, dj.

But...

This thread tittle reads: How was Bush Re-Elected in 2004, Seriously?

If nobody can contribute to the OP (cause i would f## much like to know), mods might as well step in and close it before it gets completely derailed.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Never mind, i dont want to be insulting to friends.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If you Google "Fitzrakis" and also "blackbox+ voting" you will find alot of information on how the 2004 elections was stolen. Also "Ohio election theft 2004".
We have ample proof that the election was stolen. Fitzrakis has written a number of articles about how it was done and the lady who runs blackbox voting (I think that's the name) did extensive in-person research.
There was also shenanigans in New Mexico as well. Probably alot more states were involved, but those are 2 I know about.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

If you wake up everyday thanking God that you where born in the USA, are you a fascist?

If you elect leaders that are willing to protect the US from enemies, foreign and domestic. are you a fascist?

If you get shivers down you spine when you hear "The Star Spangled Banner", are you a fascist? Same when a chant of USA! USA! USA! gets started?

Love of Country is called Nationalism
So no, you are not necessarily a fascist, but your leaders are.

I am sorry to inform you, but Patriotism and Fascism are often related.

From Wikipedia on Patriotism

Patriotism is closely associated with nationalism, and is often used as a synonym for it. Strictly speaking, nationalism is an ideology - but it often promotes patriotic attitudes as desirable and appropriate. (Both nationalist political movements, and patriotic expression, may, yet need not, be negative towards other people's 'fatherland').

From Wikipedia on Nationalism

Extreme forms of nationalism, such as those propagated by fascist movements in the twentieth century, hold that nationality is the most important aspect of one's identity and attempt to define the nation in terms of race or genetics.

To me, you sound like a Jingoist

Jingoism is chauvinistic patriotism, usually associated with a War Hawk political stance. In practice, it refers to sections of the general public who advocate the use of threats or of actual force against other countries in order to safeguard a country's national interests.

In the United States too many people, like yourself, equate "Patriotism" as being American. The problem is, most modern American "patriots", like yourself, think that blindly following their fascist leaders is what 'Being American' is all about. All I can say to you, is that I hope someday you learn to respect and treat all humans how you would like to be treated. It is also my hope that you, and others like you, take the time to remember why America's Original Patriots revolted against the Monarchy.

Now that all questions about Patriotiism and Fascism have been answered for this thread, can we please suspend the Red/Blue talk. I really don't care about who your favorites are.

I want to know, how a Man who was put into office by the Supreme Court, barely getting more electoral votes, and less popular votes in his first term, was re-elected to a second term by the American People at all. The OP video link shows that it was his main foriegn policy to attack Iraq. He lied to get us there.

He lied while campaigning about his foriegn policy, lied for 9 months while he was on his vacations before 9-11, lied to the people about WMDs and Iraq/911 connections, and somehow he still got elected.

Someone mention Kerry Being a weak Candidate, others mentioned the election frauds.

So enough Americans would rather be lied to by "daddy's candidate" than be led by someone they percieve as a wimp? Even with mass election frauds, and the sheeple mindstate of so many 'patriots', that is enough to elect him?

I guess the Osama tapes at all the right moments help too?

I ask that if you cannoty directly answer my questions, please take your bipartisan debate tactics to another thread.

Thank You,
DocMoreau

(spelling)

[edit on 12/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

no, you're patriotic... though the US is the only country i've heard of that repeatedly states it's #1...
which does sound a bit over the top and fascist.

no, but when you take it to the extreme that those who won't thank god are not to be considered patriots or citizens, you are...
like GHWB

oh, well, that's bait right there...
depends on the methods.

the USA goes far beyond "love of country" it goes to the level of fellating itself with praise

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

In the United States too many people, like yourself, equate "Patriotism" as being American. The problem is, most modern American "patriots", like yourself, think that blindly following their fascist leaders is what 'Being American' is all about. All I can say to you, is that I hope someday you learn to respect and treat all humans how you would like to be treated. It is also my hope that you, and others like you, take the time to remember why America's Original Patriots revolted against the Monarchy.

So what should I, as an American, equate patriotism to? Should I be patriotic to the United Nations? To Portugal? I'm a bit confused at this point, but that's a frequent condition for me. :-D

Now that all questions about Patriotiism and Fascism have been answered for this thread, can we please suspend the Red/Blue talk. I really don't care about who your favorites are.

Wow, Doc...condescend much? Thou has spoken regarding patriotism and fascism, therefore all questions are answered?

I'm also amused that you want to suspend the Red/Blue talk, and don't care who our favorites are, but you take every opportunity to brand President Bush a liar, a fascist. a 'daddy's boy', and, for all I know, a primary cause of global warming and the sub-prime mortgage mess. I don't mind people coming to (or starting) a discussion with a bias, but it's intellectually dishonest to have such an obvious bias and deny its existence.

I want to know, how a Man who was put into office by the Supreme Court, barely getting more electoral votes, and less popular votes in his first term, was re-elected to a second term by the American People at all. The OP video link shows that it was his main foriegn policy to attack Iraq. He lied to get us there.

You might be able to ask JFK (no, not John F. Kerry, the OTHER one) or, lacking the services of a medium, any of his surviving campaign staff. President Kennedy also lost the popular vote, and several of Nixon's staff were urging him to take the case to the Supreme Court. Unlike some other candidates I could name, Mr. Nixon decided to accept the electoral results rather than get the courts involved....but we were very close to the same situation in 1960 that we actually got in 2004. Oddly, I don't hear anyone calling President Kennedy's election invalid or less than legitimate, even though he began our involvement in Vietnam, caused us great national embarrassment (the Bay of Pigs), and almost started a nuclear war with the Soviet Union (the Cuban Missile Crisis)...and he's regarded as one of our great presidents.

He lied while campaigning about his foriegn policy, lied for 9 months while he was on his vacations before 9-11, lied to the people about WMDs and Iraq/911 connections, and somehow he still got elected.

President Bush had access to the same intelligence 'take' that President Clinton had...and oddly enough, both men (at least while in office) had similar opinions about WMD in Iraq. Could it be that the intelligence both men had was faulty? Surely not...

Someone mention Kerry Being a weak Candidate, others mentioned the election frauds.

So enough Americans would rather be lied to by "daddy's candidate" than be led by someone they percieve as a wimp? Even with mass election frauds, and the sheeple mindstate of so many 'patriots', that is enough to elect him?

I guess the Osama tapes at all the right moments help too?

But you don't care who our favorite candidate is...you're just wondering how President Bush got elected. It's just a coincidence that you consider anybody who supported President Bush to be a "sheeple" and a non-patriot.

I ask that if you cannoty directly answer my questions, please take your bipartisan debate tactics to another thread.

Thank You,
DocMoreau

I suppose you're right. We should take our bipartisan debate tactics (like respectful discourse, factual presentation, and occasional bursts of wit) elsewhere. It's more fun to use partisan tactics like name-calling, distortion of evidence, and gross insult...it's also easier on the brain.

You're Welcome.
Brother Stormhammer

top topics

join