It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive-thru Rant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Well I applaud you for quitting and wanting to live a healthier lifestyle niteboy.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

You can allow yourself to do some "foolish" things in life and be a great person and do big things. I have never seen a direct correlation between smoking tobacco, and inability to become successful in life. That is of course, only if you can avoid the cancer bit.

I see what you're saying, but it is my personal belief that once you allow yourself to succumb to foolish habits, it will slowly but surely creep into other areas of you life.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I see what you're saying, but it is my personal belief that once you allow yourself to succumb to foolish habits, it will slowly but surely creep into other areas of you life.

Hey, if that's what keeps you on the path to success, then 100% all power to ya.

I think that if someone really was bothered by the smoke, they could have made a request, only maybe a kind request. I find often that non-smokers will have a certain attitude about telling someone to put out a cigarette, which of course makes the smoker not want to. When I smoked, if someone said, "excuse me, but the cigarette smoke is bothering me, do you mind not smoking?" I would put it out. If on the other hand, someone said "hey you! put the damn cancer stick out," I would have probably have attempted to smoke two at once.

Just something I notice, sometimes people let their offense at the subject override their sensibilities and become rude.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
reply to post by vckums

Yes that's probably true, robbery and littering.

How about you take it, squirt the water on it, and give it back and say:

"You may not have noticed, but this was on fire!", and smile.

Public Service!

I love it!! I may have to borrow that idea

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Just something I notice, sometimes people let their offense at the subject override their sensibilities and become rude.

haha, yeah that's probably true, but can you blame me for wanting people to quit a habit that is dangerous to their health?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

haha, yeah that's probably true, but can you blame me for wanting people to quit a habit that is dangerous to their health?

It's just all about tact. There is a good way to say it, and there is a not so good way. I think a lot of smokers realize they should quit, and know they should quit. Many probably want to quit. It just isn't always that easy. It is an addiction, and it is very difficult to break.

And when someone fusses at someone for smoking, all their going to want is a cigarette, and maybe more insurance on their car.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
You have the freedom of choice to eat where you want, if you don't like how a place conducts their buisness eat somewhere else, don't try and make others feel they need to accomadate you, because they don't and they won't. I know it might be hard, but your a non smoker so I'm sure you can hold your breath for 5 seconds while you walk by. Problem solved.

Is the business not accomadating the smoker? If so then a non smoker should be accomodated as well. The smoker could also wait to light up once done eating in the comfort of thier own car/house with the window rolled up. No need to share.

This wasn't a debate, this was a personal rant.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

thehumbleone, that's a very good view. I like it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Speaking of drive thrus worth ranting about, I just got back from Taco Bell.

Here is how it went down:

Me: (speaking very loudly and slowly because drive thru personnel are either half deaf or have English as a second language most of the time) I would like two chili cheese burritos, no onion and no tomato

Drive Thru Drone (DTD): You want three what?

Me: TWO! Two chili cheese burritos!

DTD: Two cheese and rice burritos?

Me: NO! TWO! CHILI! CHEESE! BURRITOS! NO! ONION! NO! TOMATO!

DTD: Hold on, three chili cheese burritos?

Me : NOOOOO! TWO! TWO!

DTD: OK, two chili cheese burritos, no tomato, no onion. Will that be all?

Me: Also a small root beer.

*Order screen shows 2 chili cheese burritos and small pepsi. I drive to the window. The chick is busy laughing and gossiping with her co-worker. She tries to hand me the drink.

Me: Is that root beer, or pepsi?

DTD: it's root beer, I know what I'm doing.

Me: I wasn't sure you did, as the order screen said pepsi.

She takes my money, laughing with her co-worker all the while. Gives me my change. Gives me a bag that's way too heavy. I look in. Three burritos. I take one out and wait for her to notice me again.

DTD: What?

Me: I wanted two burritos, you gave me three.

DTD: let me see the receipt I gave you.

I reach for the receipt and she says:

DTD: Never mind, you touched it already. I can't take it back. You want it?

Me: *rolls eyes and drives away*

C'mon chickie, it's not rocket science. Open your freaking ears and listen. I've been ordering from drive thrus longer than you've been on the planet, I think I know the procedure.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
LOL MM that's how it is out here too. I wonder if it's on the application when they go to apply.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Heh. Sometimes I think you have to take an IQ test to work at the drive thru, and if you get over 100 on it, you won't get hired.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It's just all about tact.

Exactly. Just like when the Noblemen and Squires met with Vlad Tepes.

He didn't like what they said, so he tact their hats to their heads.

Since reading that, I always bring some tacts with me when I go out.

Don't know if it improved their hearing; might have.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
For starters, I'm a non-smoker and an asthmatic... My dad is dieing cause of his habit. So, believe me when I say, I'm not for smoking in anyway.

Still... Outside, is outside. If your in your car while it's running and the car in front of you is running, and you have windows down.. your getting way more pollution than just cigarette smoke. Most of the Carbon Monoxide out of the car's exhaust in front of you (which usually is odorless) is more dangerous than the smoke you actually do smell. IF a smoker has to smoke, you really should want them to do it outside. It will disperse faster and be more concentrated than if you were in a building with said smoker. If that smoke is bothering you so much, just close your window and turn on the AC. The car's air filter should take care of the smoke smell.

I'm all for banning smoking from public places. When I go into a restaurant's I don't want to have smoke blown in my face as I'm trying to eat, much less in any other environment. So, put those no smoking signs up. Go crazy bout complaining bout it. I'd join right along with you. But it's silly to rant bout a person smoking in their own car with the window down, at a fast food drive thru. I don't get your logic with it.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

LOL!!! Same where I am. I don't like Taco Bug... makes me sick. But McDonalds is horrid. I ordered a cheeseburger happy meal no pickle with a chocolate milk, 2 cheeseburgers, medium fry, and Sweet tea.

I got a happy meal with no cheeseburger, no medium fry, and the Sweet tea was dr. pepper. What really sucked is I was in a hurry, so I didn't find out till I was home. UGh! Course I've ended up paying for the above and getting 3 bags of food for some reason too.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
OoOoh Why don't you just roll up your window?? order then roll it up..ooh 1 minute of smke is totally gonna kill you

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey MM I just saw this on yahoo news. I know you're in the oakland area
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2007/09/10/BA07S20GH.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
hahaha are you kidding me? these people are smoking in their cars. Would you like them to put out their cigarettes at red lights too?

Oh and i know how potent that smoke can be from a car length in front of you! sooo deadly!

and god forbid you roll up your windows! oh heavens no, then what would we complain about?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

In fact, if you walk by close enough you can just grab the cig out of their mouth and throw it down and stamp it out. As long as you don't physically touch -them- I don't think there is anything they can do about it.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Badge01]

umm i dont think that is very fair and im sure there is something i could do about it a few of them would be legal and civilized(you just stole and damaged property) and a few of the methods i might use to deal with this wouldn't be civilized

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That link isn't working, vckums. Could you re-post it?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would assume that the poison spewing on you from their car's exhaust would be far more damaging to you than smoke off the tip of a cigarette.

How many cigarettes are these people smoking anyway that the smoke actually makes it to you without being dispersed by the wind?

This is a B.S. rant.

Jasn said it, so you know it's gotta be true.

haha

jasn

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join