It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drive-thru Rant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
To the people who go through a drive-thru and smoke. Did it ever cross your mind that the person(s) behind or in front of you, do not want to breathe in your cancer smoke? It's not only rude and disgusting but it's DEADLY. I dont want second hand smoke from you, so kindly put out your cancer stick until after you pay and get your order and drive off.
Someday I'm gonna snap and rudely awaken the jerkoff by getting out of my car and walking up to theirs and smack them one. Maybe that will be their wake up call that their habit can be harmful to them. :bash:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Haha, I've got a better idea.

Get a little plastic bottle with a thin stream and flexible sides (like a squirt gun).

I'd suggest an 'actual' squirt gun, but in this day of litigiousness, you might get pulled over and spread-eagled for pointing a'gun' at someone who was attacking you with a (long-term) deadly weapon.

In fact, if you walk by close enough you can just grab the cig out of their mouth and throw it down and stamp it out. As long as you don't physically touch -them- I don't think there is anything they can do about it.

(just kidding; the gentle reader should NOT try this at home).

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
one time i was at a cafe with my classmates and friends and we were like 8+ people on one table everybody SMOKING exept me
i stand there like half and hour i felt DRUGD and was going to hurl then i goed and throwed water on my face and drinked a little.
for pity sake dont smoke just to be cool!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
LOL Badge. Good idea on a squirt gun. However, if I squirt them it can be considered battery. If I take their cig from them, it could be considered robbery. I asked hubby since hes a police officer. (Sometimes hubby can mess up a nice fantasy) It would all depend I guess on the city and officer if he wants to charge me. Since I've never been arrested before, might be worth it LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah, it's such a shame will live in a free country. I think people that do things that I don't agree with should not be allowed to do them at all.:shk:
(sarcasm over)

But seriously, if you don't like it that much, get up and go inside the place to get your food maybe?

PS- IMO it's hippocritical to be shunning those "unhealthy smokers" as you woof down nasty, unhealthy fast food, which isn't to much healthier for you than smoking is. Ever seen Supersize Me? Makes smoking look like taking vitamins compared to whats in that grimy food.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ill get flamed but they must slowly bann all tabacoo products.
like they maked the prizes here big in bulgaria and that stoped some of the people but in the end the prizes lowered.
cigaretes kill people and people around them...
maybe pures may stay couse that shows ur mafia^^

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
ill get flamed but they must slowly bann all tabacoo products.

cigaretes kill people and people around them...

Cigarettes kill people. So do bullets, guns, pharmaceuticals, fast food, and many other things, should we go ahead and outlaw them too? You have every bit of choice in the matter to avoid smokers. If you don't want to be around them, it is you who must avoid them.

They will never ban all tobacco products, too much money to be made. All I can say is if your going to ban tobacco, they should ban everything thats unhealthy for people. They can't do that, because most things are unhealthy for people, so it would get out of control.

Smokers aren't second class citizens, so get off your high horses people. Nobody is perfect, and I'm sure everyone can admit to having some unhealthy habits.

This is all I am going to say on the matter, because we will go off into the never ending battle of smokers vs. non-smokers, one that will go nowhere and will be as pointless as all the others. Thankyou for taking the time to read my opinions on the matter, and although I can not agree with all of your views, I respect them.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

Cigarettes kill people. So do bullets, guns, pharmaceuticals, fast food, and many other things, should we go ahead and outlaw them too? You have every bit of choice in the matter to avoid smokers. If you don't want to be around them, it is you who must avoid them.

Cigarettes are highly addictive and they kill you and whoever is around you. You can't see the difference? If you eat a Big Mac next to me is it going to kill me?

On topic. Is this seriously a rant about someone smoking in their own car? Outside of your car and in another car in front of you? While their exhaust pipe is aimed at your car? How does this effect your health?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
if they bann cigaretes all people will get angry and stressed and its gonna be civill war everywhere so its a no exit situation

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Smokers aren't second class citizens, so get off your high horses people. Nobody is perfect, and I'm sure everyone can admit to having some unhealthy habits.

No offense smokers, but your habit is sick and disgusting. It's a huge turnoff when I see a woman smoking. She could be like the most beautiful girl, but if I see her lighting up a cancer stick, forget about it.

P.S. I have no bad habits.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
On topic. Is this seriously a rant about someone smoking in their own car? Outside of your car and in another car in front of you? While their exhaust pipe is aimed at your car? How does this effect your health?

When their window is down and the smoke is drifting into my car, yes it's a problem. I didnt smell any exhaust, I smelled smoke. Car exhauast is bad, not denying that at all. You want to smoke in your car, fine, roll up the windows and keep it in your car.
As for walking into the place, there are tables and benches outside. Guess what you have to walk past to get into the place? Yup, smokers sitting and eating at the same time. Nasty.
I've not seen the super size me movie. If I recall right though the guy ate at fast food joints 3x's a day for a month. Correct me if Im wrong. Me going to a drive-thru once in awhile is in no way the same as that. Unhealthy, sure. Is it going to give me and anyone standing around close to me cancer, no.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There a now laws in certain cities where they dont allow smoking in public places and buildings. Seems the majority are fighting for their health. Cigarette smoke doesnt care if youre black, white, young or old. It doesn't discriminate, it will harm everyone who comes in contact with it. If someones taking a Rx it isn't going to affect me. A bullet won't kill someone. It's the person that does it. I can throw a bullet at someone, isn't going to kill them.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
A bullet won't kill someone. It's the person that does it. I can throw a bullet at someone, isn't going to kill them.

I'm sorry, I said I wouldn't say anymore but I just couldn't resist. By your logic, cigarettes don't kill people, the people smoking them do. I can throw cigs at people all day and that won't kill them either, thats not what bullets or cigarettes are for, so I fail to see the connection.

As for walking into the place, there are tables and benches outside. Guess what you have to walk past to get into the place? Yup, smokers sitting and eating at the same time.

You have the freedom of choice to eat where you want, if you don't like how a place conducts their buisness eat somewhere else, don't try and make others feel they need to accomadate you, because they don't and they won't. I know it might be hard, but your a non smoker so I'm sure you can hold your breath for 5 seconds while you walk by. Problem solved.

Seriously, nothing short of banning cigarettes will ever make non-smokers happy. That will never happen. The non-smokers will have to learn to deal with it.

Originally posted by Umbrax
Cigarettes are highly addictive and they kill you and whoever is around you. You can't see the difference? If you eat a Big Mac next to me is it going to kill me?

Neither is walking by someone smoking. Unless you were sitting next to that person for about 20 years, I think you'll be in the clear. We are talking about encounters that last less than 5 minutes here. You'd get more lung pollution standing behind a car for 5 minutes. Maybe we should ban cars too! No, because you don't stand behind a car sucking down fumes, just like you wouldn't be hanging around sucking down 2nd hand smoke fumes.

I would respectfully put out my cigarette for anyone who politly asked if they were allergic or had small children around. But certainly not for self righteous people who think they are better than me.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Self righteous, are you kidding me? I don't want cancer from someone elses nasty habit.

WASHINGTON - Separate smoking sections don’t cut it: Only smoke-free buildings and public places truly protect nonsmokers from the hazards of breathing in other people’s tobacco smoke, says a long-awaited surgeon general’s report.

Some 126 million nonsmokers are exposed to secondhand smoke, what U.S. Surgeon General Richard Carmona repeatedly calls “involuntary smoking” that puts people at increased risk of death from lung cancer, heart disease and other illnesses.

Moreover, there is no risk-free level of exposure to someone else’s drifting smoke, declares the report issued Tuesday — a conclusion sure to fuel already growing efforts at public smoking bans nationwide. Fourteen states have passed what are considered comprehensive smoke-free workplace laws, those that include restaurants and bars.

Full link here
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by vckums

Have you ever seen the lungs after they are taken out of a middle aged non smoker that lives in an urban area? They look no different from the lungs of a smoker living in the suburbs. So unless your willing to ban all car, power plant, and factory pollution it's not going to make a difference, there will still be cancer causing agents in the air. So you'd better start taking care of that too if you care so much about the air you breathe.

Car exhaust is no better for you to breathe, so we should ban that nasty little habit too then. But we can't do that, because it might take away some of your freedoms. How would you feel having your right to drive taken away because it's unhealthy for others?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The fact is you can ban smoking in public places, but you cannot tell me I can't smoke while in my own car, or house! If you don't want to smell the smoke, roll up YOUR window. Plus, there are more pollutants in the air that you breathe in everyday, smelling smoke while your waiting for your fast food is nothing.

There is a smoking ban where I live and I comply with it. If a non-smoker would actually be nice to me and politely ask me to put out my cigarette, I would. I don't smoke around children, or even in my own house. I go outside to smoke, and when I'm outside I have just as much freedom as you do.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
No offense smokers, but your habit is sick and disgusting. It's a huge turnoff when I see a woman smoking. She could be like the most beautiful girl, but if I see her lighting up a cancer stick, forget about it.

P.S. I have no bad habits.

Did you ever think that those women that are smoking, know there are enough fish in the sea, that your disapproval of their habit isn't going to matter?

As far as someone in their car in a drive thru smoking? Come now, did you turn off your car? Or did you allow the emission of carcinogenic fumes from your muffler and heighten further everyone's danger? You could have the car turned off while waiting in line.

Or you could roll up your window.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Did you ever think that those women that are smoking, know there are enough fish in the sea, that your disapproval of their habit isn't going to matter?

That's ok, I don't like people who do unhealthy things anyway.

Let the decadent folk continue to be decadents. let the prudent folk like myself continue to aspire to greater things.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Let the decadent folk continue to be decadents. let the prudent folk like myself continue to aspire to greater things.

I prefer decadent aspiration.

You can allow yourself to do some "foolish" things in life and be a great person and do big things. I have never seen a direct correlation between smoking tobacco, and inability to become successful in life. That is of course, only if you can avoid the cancer bit.

I don't smoke anymore, but it doesn't bother me. I loved it, I just am trying to be healthier. To each their own though, in my book.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vckums

Yes that's probably true, robbery and littering.

How about you take it, squirt the water on it, and give it back and say:

"You may not have noticed, but this was on fire!", and smile.

Public Service!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join