It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can someone tell me how to put youtube vids onto dvd??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
been wanting to put together some youtube videos on dvd for a while now...is it easier than i think it is? can someone show me a simple way to do this? point me in the right direction please?

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This link should help you out, there is also google and youtube links on the post reply page as well

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

YouTube and Google Video BBcode!

We now have an integrated ability for anyone to embed videos from YouTube and Google Video into forum posts (ATS only for now).

The tags are simple: "gvid" for Google, and "yvid" for YouTube.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit sorry I miss read your post I thought you meant posting vids here on ATS.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by Sauron]

After you download a movie/vid you will have to change the file format, there are a few free programs that you can use to convert to AVI format you can burn to disc, AVI is not supported by all Home DVD players. Your burn software will convert the AVI to VOB format for home DVD players.
not quite clear I know I suggest reading the how to with what ever burn software you are using.

DivX is good and free, but I'm not sure they support youtube and google file formats, but this link gives you the ieda

www.divx.com...

Converting your videos into DivX video can be done in one easy step. Simply drag your videos onto the DivX Converter and click "convert." That's it - you're done. That may sound more like two steps, but it's really one full step and one "baby step." The point is, it's really, really easy to create a DivX video.

* Convert nearly any popular video format to a DivX file

[edit on 9/9/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
no problem. yeah i know how to insert them here on ats..i was just wondering about putting them onto dvd. been wanting to make a collection of ron paul speeches and putting them to disk so i can give them to a couple of friends of mine and a few family members. you or anybody got any suggestions??

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
no problem. yeah i know how to insert them here on ats..i was just wondering about putting them onto dvd. been wanting to make a collection of ron paul speeches and putting them to disk so i can give them to a couple of friends of mine and a few family members. you or anybody got any suggestions??

Im glad you're trying to spread Ron Paul to new people.
If you have firefox theres a add on you can add called, greasemonkey. Once downloaded and you go to youtube it will show a red link at the top of that page that if you click will download the video to your computer. After downloading it you use some sort of application to convert it, like divx.

p.s.

I have ordered a large amount of Ron Paul bumperstickers that I am going to be giving out for free, if you or anyone else wants any feel free to PM me your address, and how many you would like. 5 is the limit per address.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ddoT

Are you sure it's Greasemonkey? I just installed it and I'm not seeing the red link you're talking about on youtube.

Most likely it's my aging eyesight, but I gotta know ...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
reply to post by ddoT

Are you sure it's Greasemonkey? I just installed it and I'm not seeing the red link you're talking about on youtube.

Most likely it's my aging eyesight, but I gotta know ...

Hmm im pretty sure it's greasemonkey. Is it enabled? Mines not showing the red link anymore either. I'll have to reinstall mine and see if I can get it working again. Theres another way to download videos and its videodownloader. javimoya.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
thanks ddot. i just installed it and the video downloader is down on the bottom bar of firefox next to a monkey. but when i try to download a video from youtube i get this message.

[youtube.com] Error: Not a valid URL (www.youtube.com...). Visit our web to know in detail what video sites are supported.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You're doing better than me, all I have is the monkey.

That didn't sound right, did it?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well i tried the video downloader on this page just to see what it would say..i got this......

Download
www.belowtopsecret.com...\'

[ www.belowtopsecret.com... ] Right-click -> "Save Target As" OR copy and paste the link into your download manager.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
ok i found this. it might help.......

forum.videohelp.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
it takes a long time

go to www.keepvid.com and download it....make sure you change the format to .flv
then, download super
run it through super to convert it to to a different file type.(takes a long time)
shrink and burn it.....i used to do this but it just takes too long man...
unless you're on a screamer, it's going to bog you down too. one you start to convert it, it's gonna be just that going on....

might i try another suggestion?
instead of dvd's how bout ron paul speeches on cd that people can listen to in their car....? thats very easy

download audacity....it's free. go to the video you want to watch and crank the audio. open audacity and where you can select the input set it to 'stereo mix'(it will record whatever is coming out of th speakers)..
let it record the entire speach. after you have recorded it, export it as mp3 and burn.
done and done...

bout 10 times faster than doing the vids man....

just a thought.

only running through 1 program and then you burn it

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
thanks. the video downloader for firefox just dont work with youtube. sucks. but yeah ill try the audio...if anyone can figure out how to download the video let me know......

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i told you how to do the video...just saying it takes a long time...the audio will only take as long as the clip cause you record it as it plays then export as mp3.

then you burn it.

very fast

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
youtubedownload.altervista.org...

this seems to be working fine. at least it is downloading the video. and it downloads it as a .flv

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I tried a few things posted so far, but no luck.

This is posted in the help section of YouTube:

No, currently you can't download our videos to your computer. YouTube's video player is designed to be used within your browser as an Internet experience. As an alternative to downloading, you can temporarily save videos to watch later by adding them to your QuickList. If you'd like to save them more permanently, login and click "Save to Favorites" under the videos you'd like to keep.
www.google.com...

I'm going to try the YouTube Downloader next, but I need to kill that monkey face first.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i already explained how this can be done and what programs to use...

thing is it takes a long time and is really not worth the time, iMO..

again

www.keepvid.com
type in your youtube url and hit generate or whatever it says. when you see the link, hit save target as but you have to give the extension .flv
now, you can watch it with an flv player or vlc media player from her.
to furher convert
download super
www.super.com
it's free.
it is advertised as being able to convert to flv but you can go the other way to.
convert to divx or whatever format you want.
shrink it and burn it.

it takes a LONG time.
i used to do it and don't do it anymore...

with something like a speech, i would definately do th eaudio only with audacity like i said...
it is so fast and you can make a 300 hour long mp3.
hit the vid, then make sure audacity is set to stereo mix. when the vid starts, hit record on audacity. when that vid is done, hit pause on audacity open the next vid, hot pause again and it will start recording that one.
do that till you're done, then export as mp3, wav, whatever you want.

best i can do for you

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
THIS WORKS

The YouTube Downloader works just fine, and saves the file to my hard drive after I cut and paste the URL.
I installed an .FLV player to view the videos from YouTube after they are saved.

I'm still working on conversion to other formats.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

also, when you convert from flv your file is going to be more than twice as large.
lately i have been saving all my vids as flv just to save room.

tell me how long it takes for you to convert. i am curious.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just converted a 7 minute video from .flv to .mpeg in about 15 seconds with the YouTube Downloader.

I'll try turning something into a DVD later, but you're right, it doubled the file size.

new topics

top topics

join