It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Arrested In New York

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Alex Jones Arrested In New York

prisonplanet.com

Media activist Alex Jones was arrested by New York Police Department officers while filming a documentary about the sixth anniversary of September 11th and joining the protest against the official version of what happened on 9/11.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Almost expected this given Alex's history and ambitions. Looks like just another day in the police state though as Alex was allegedly singled out for his actions.

brill

prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
He's supposed to be debuting End Game tonight, i wonder how long they will hold him? This is messed up.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'll bet they hold him until Wednesday. They probably think it would be easier to control the crowds on Tuesday if he's not around.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
I'll bet they hold him until Wednesday. They probably think it would be easier to control the crowds on Tuesday if he's not around.

That could be a mistake, it could lead to the crowds being further out of control. A little anger like that could go a long way.

I just hope no one is hurt.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's actually very illegal to film anywhere in NYC without a permit. I've had trouble with it before. I didn't get arrested probably because I didn't yell and fuss about a police state and NWO like Jones did.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is far from the first time Alex has been arrested. I think he likes it, because it adds to his support.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

They may not see it that way though. Alex can get a crowd worked up. They may not have seen what the crowd might do if he's been arrested and held through an event such as this. I know it would be a mistake, but do they?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It is just a publicity ploy on his part.

He was well aware that a permit was required, and when the police arrived, he created a huge fuss rather than quietly fill out some paperwork. He WANTED a commotion and getting jailed allows him to claim it was a police state tactic. It was just his deliberate public disturbance.

Personally, I hope he gets more than a weekend in jail. Idiots like that should be kept off the street.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
Alex can get a crowd worked up. They may not have seen what the crowd might do if he's been arrested and held through an event such as this. I know it would be a mistake, but do they?

Well, at the root of it all, I personally believe that people at this point are far too subdued to let anything nasty nasty come out of it. I doubt they even bothered to think of it that way, because they probably know they have the tear gas, and the clubs, so why worry?

I hope Alex is released soon, though.

Terapin:

I won't say that it isn't possible, but what good is it then even if the police are going along with that. Not to mention, I still do not believe that there should be all these ridiculous protest permits, but that's for another thread.

[edit on 9/9/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

He was well aware that a permit was required, and when the police arrived, he created a huge fuss rather than quietly fill out some paperwork. He WANTED a commotion and getting jailed allows him to claim it was a police state tactic. It was just his deliberate public disturbance.

Personally, I hope he gets more than a weekend in jail. Idiots like that should be kept off the street.

But don't you think its stupid to have a permit in the first place, I mean Its so weird, I thought The USA was know for being a FREE country, but you gotta have permission to carry a camera around? I hope that doesn't happen here in London. Id be pissed off.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Like I said you've needed a permit to film in NYC for a long time. Even at least a decade before 9/11 and any mention of terrorism/police state. It is one of the most iconic cities in the world and images of it are used heavily in all types of media, so I imagine the city would like to make some type of money on other people using images of it (usually in for profit projects). If you're a tourist with a basic video camera you won't get bothered or at most you'll have to put it away until the officer is gone. It sounds like Jones had a major filming setup (the fact that he has serperate guys with the camera and audio equipment tells me this) and no permit. Not only that but he was part of an illegal protest about a subject that is still a bit fresh in the minds of people who live in the NYC metropolitan area (I'm included in that). I'm sure he also made a huge fuss when simply asked for ID. Anyway, this is nothing special (unless you call proving a moron is a moron special).

Also, he wasn't singled out. It clearly states his sound man and camera guy were "harassed." Hence, the reason has to do with illegal filming of an illegal protest and some guy causing a huge fuss when such things are brought to his attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Do you have any links or proof on this?? please post em please.

Idiots like this may end up helping you retain basic human rights, like the right to free speech, assembly, privacy. Would you agree if it was Rush, or Savage, that got arrested?? Inquirering minds wanna know.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I agree 100% with everything that you wrote.

On a side note, I would not be surprised if he is being paid by groups like Al Qaeda to make up all these stories and rile up discontent. Think about it for a second, all our enemies have to do is support people like Alex Jones and they could very likely bring down our nation. They dont even have to attack us.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Wow this topic when from one extreme of idiocy to another. Like I've already carefully explained, this is about filming permits and one guy making a big enough fuss to get arrested over it (along with his film crew, not singled out). This is not about the NWO arresting someone they percieve as a threat nor Osama trying to destroy America from the inside. Geez guys.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

terapin i do not agree with you, but i can see why your saying that, because being arrested would add allot of credability to his stories but i don't agree with you

chris your coment made me laugh my ass off it was so dumb. Alex jones cant bring down your nation and i can promise you he isn't getting paid by al qaeda i think your comment was just ignorant and stupid

[edit on 9-9-2007 by dahl]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Alex Jones Rocks!!

You can see the very nervous look in Geraldo and the bimbos eyes as they try to continue to talk about non-issues like a pervert senator having sex in a a stall

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

If a permit is required for filming in NYC then all of the tourists and youtubers need to be arrested too. Its not like he has a huge camera crew with supporting actors, its not a full scale production crew, its just him and his camera friend. I think that the message is being sent loud and clear that our rights are being trampled on from every street corner in America. It is a ludicrious thought that he wanted to be arrested. He has become an icon for freedom of speech and the police state that is reving up for that to be taken away. I can only hope that his lawyers get him out in the morning. Don't kick em when their down or you are as guilty as the cops for arresting him.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Seriously you guys should read my posts. Yes, a permit is required to film and the police are very strict with fancier cameras and sound gear (because these are almost always for a for profit production). Tourists with smally camcorders will usually not get harassed, same with whatever you are referring to about youtube and whatnot. The article clearly states Jones has a seperate camera man and another seperate sound man, and that he was in fact filming a documentary! Without a permit, this is a clear violation of a long standing NYC policy and warrented fair police action. Jones was probably arrested for arguing about not having an ID and making a big fuss about his rights being trampled on while he is clearly doing something that has been established for many years as illegal. There is nothing unusual here except a bunch of people in this topic not understanding a long standing law and how it clearly applies to Jones.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lightworker12

Thats just conjecture on your part! What makes you "psychic" about what Alex did or did not do when approached by the police?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join