It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Jets Run Iran Attack Drill?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Im pretty sure they would, there range isnt near enough to get to Iran.
Maybe suicide missions?
More than likely refueling.

Im pretty sure Iran would have pockets of Shia'revolutionary guards situated along the border on the iraqi side, thus to alert iranian sam sites on incoming aircraft, regardless of wether it be American or Israeli.

Likewise, Turkey and syria would probably alert them to incoming aircraft.

Again, them activating sam sites just gives them away, or mode they use to track.

They'll probably take out all sam sites on the way.

JSR

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Yes it has been around a long time but were the fuel pods empty? Thats what I want to know? If they were empty whats the range they could of flown?

i understand that your trying to build a case of an israeli war plane on a mission to iran, but, i just dont see it.

more likley, the israeli air plane was taking pictures along the boarder of syria. then, happened to venture too far into the syrian air space ( on purpose, or not ).

syria and israel will have there own war to fight over golan heights. iran has nothing to do with it, other than material support and training of syrian forces.

this was no training mission to iran, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

They could fly over Turkey and completely ignore Iraqi airspace

Except Turkey is not going to grnat them to fly over their airspace. Iraq seems the more logical solution but they have to have permission from Jordan as well. Maybe Jordan does not have the military might to deny them flight over their space, but there would easily be political consequence seeing as Jordan is probably one of their more accepting border states.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I strongly believe that if the Syrians wanted to blow the jets out of the sky they would have. If they shoot down the jets, Israel will just be all like "look at the evil Syrians, they hate us Jews so much they have unjustly killed our pilots...

If I read the article correctly it said that the jets were in SYRIAN airspace. They had EVERY right to shoot them down. No ifs. No buts. The Syrians could reply, "Look at the evil Israelis, they were going to bomb us..."

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I thought Israeli jets usually did air attack drills on US warships?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
cnn is saying that israel attacked syria(amd syria shot at planes) and that israeli ground forces 'may have been involved'...

it was about 15 minutes ago and they have not said anything else. i will look for a link

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

that says wednesday and thursday was when israel attacked.

i must be missing something....watching cnn world news now so it shold be up...so far, it is all 9/11 stuff.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
cnn is saying that israel attacked syria(amd syria shot at planes) and that israeli ground forces 'may have been involved'...

it was about 15 minutes ago and they have not said anything else. i will look for a link

I'll vouch for that, I just saw it now. CNN International is reporting that
Israel carried out an airstrike in Syria. I believe they mentioned the
Israelis were possibly targeting Hezbollah transporting weapons.

in fact..

Sources confirm Israeli airstrike on Syria

(CNN) -- Israeli aircraft carried out an airstrike inside Syria last week, possibly targeting weapons that were destined for Hezbollah militants, according to sources in the region and in the United States.

Syria reported that its aircraft fired on Israeli "enemy aircraft" that flew into northern Syria early Thursday. The Israel Defense Forces had no comment on the report, and have refused to comment further on the new revelations.

[edit - I just saw that you posted the same link]

Well, now there's a development. Let's see how this plays out.

[edit on 9/11/07 by aecreate]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I find it interesting that Syria is not hopping up and down about being "bombed" by Israel.
No real threats of retaliation, no threats from Iran-who has a mutual defense pact with Syria.
It may very well have been destroying a weapons bunkers/tunnel/transportation truck.

They might have then to admit arming the Hezbollah terrorists-an act of war in its own right.

I must agree, this gets more and more interesting the more we learn.
I also feel we never really fully understand why for several years.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That region of the world is in a perpetual state of war. There has always been fighting there and there always will be fighting there. It doesn't surprise me a bit that Israeli aircraft would cross into Syrian air space. It's Israels way of leaving a calling card and reminding Syria they are vulnerable. Israel will not be the one to initiate a war in the region, the arab states have already proven they can not accept the existance of an Israeli state with the past wars they've started.

Israeli aircraft in Syrian air space...big deal. We did the same thing with the Russians during the cold war. SR-71's from Alaska would deliberately fly into Russian air space to toy with Russian air defenses.

For all of you ignorant fools that think Israel is causing the problems in the region, just think about this. Jordan, which lies on Israel's Eastern border and is an Arab state, is not bothered or harrassed by Israel.......because they leave Israel alone. The other arab states should learn from that example.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How very convenient the saturation of 9-11 newscast as a cover for an Israeli air strike. Now that's just beautiful! Let's watch for any other "deep behind enemy lines activities" in the coming hours & days.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

Yes Vanguard223, you are very correct in the situational relationship between Israel & the Kingdom of Jordan. Historically speaking, Israeli intelligence worked very dilligently to save the life of Jordan's former & late King Hussein many times! Israel & Jordan are both high profile vacation spots that reley on earned income of decent law abiding travelers & people on holiday. It's in their best interests to maintain such status quo for both nations. The only morale problem with Jordan is that they allow dead beats & hustlers along the likes of Saddam's malevolant daughter as a "guest of the Royal Family." However, it's a nice way to keep up with the World's Evil Mongers. A nice trade off so to speak.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

A U.S. military official said the Israeli incursion last week was an airstrike "deep into Syria" that hit a target. The offical, who spoke on condition of anonymity because it was an intelligence issue, said he did not know the target.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

So let me see what all different sources say together.

Israel had jets fly Deep into Syria, bomb some target in the middle of the desert and that they "may" have been some ground forces to provide location-such as laser markers to pin point the exact target.

We know Syria has complained to the UN, but still says only empty desert was effected and they found extra fuel tanks-full or empty seems to depend on who is telling the story. The munitions as reference by Syria seem to have been bombs but they are not using that term.
Why?
Would not the "bombing” of Syria be much worse than just a fly by??
What is the big concern over the dropped fuel tanks?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Expensive 'games', being played by the Russians, poor timing if you ask me. If Syria decides to retaliate will Russia be first in line to defend them from Air? Just asking, I never assume that anything happens in an untimely manner these days, it seems the theater is growing and so is the world wide threat for the makings of WWIII.

article.wn.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join