It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and India in 5 nation war games in Bay of Bengal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

US and India in 5 nation war games in Bay of Bengal

news.yahoo.com

By GAVIN RABINOWITZ, Associated Press Writer
Thu Sep 6, 5:58 AM ET

NEW DELHI - Indian and U.S. aircraft carriers plow through the Bay of Bengal launching fighter jets into the air. American submarines cruise below Japanese, Australian and Singaporean warships.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
So the question is: Is this for Iran or better yet Pakistan? 13 US warships not too far from Iran including the USS Nimitz. The involvement of India makes me think Pakistan and then this is at the same time of the APEC summit. Something weird is going on.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
First of all...
afp.google.com...

Navy officials saying its just to bring inter-operablity, but of course they would say this.

=============================
My opinion

I would say that it is more directed towards the military threat from China, but cant rule out Iran or Pakistan.

With China's recent hacking of the Pentagon and the successful test of a anti-sattelite missle earlier this year, one could only suspect that maybe this wargame has been adapted for China. India and Japan dont get along to well with China, which is why I think it is more directed towards China. Plus this would give Japan a chance to break in here new carrier, if it was in the wargame.

*edit-added below*

The news articles Ive been finding talk about China a lot.

Source

Military analysts note the Malabar exercise, in which 20,000 uniformed personnel are taking part, contains scenarios for air combat, interception of planes attacking from on shore and air defense of warships. "Maneuvers of this size make it seem rather unlikely that it's just about piracy or proliferation or humanitarian issues," said Peter Brookes, who is at the Heritage Foundation in Washington and a former deputy assistant secretary of defense. The exercise comes at a time when some of the top military brass in the United States, Japan and India have expressed concern about China's recent war games, its rapid military buildup and lack of transparency about military spending.

and another article.
www.zeenews.com...

[edit on 9/9/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sounds like a good cover op to get the Kitty hawk and Nimitz into position without ringing the alarm bells in Iran or elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not much discussion about this. I would have figured it would have interested more people.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I got an unconfirmable report from a co-worker, stating that a friend left for training for an "invasion" in February. Again, I cannot confirm or deny the truth to it, but the so-called friend was a Marine.

Personally, while I can't speculate on where the might be training for, I think there is definately something big coming up. No clue on timelines, but with all of the training exercises being performed by the various branches of the US and foreign militaries, I would guess within the next year at least.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You can bet that Iran, China, Russia, et. al. see these wargames as transparent posturing for what is to come. This type of military maneuvering seems unlikely if there wasn't an imminent probability of conflict.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil
Not much discussion about this. I would have figured it would have interested more people.

I tend to have that problem when I post any news. It gets buried and forgotten quite often.

top topics

join