It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul doesn't believe in 9/11 inside job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I logged into Myspace (I know, but I have an old friend on there) ... and I have as a 'friend' Democrats for 9/11 Truth ... They posted a bulletin that caught my eye, and I thought it would be something you all would like to read and hear ... I didn't find this on a search.

This is the quote they had in the message under the video (and is on the video itself).

Why do All these Truthers Keep Thinking I’m One of Them?

by Ron Paul

Look, I’m not a hateful person or anything—I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I’ve been having a real problem with these Truthers. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts talking about melted steel and conspiracies.

Take last Sunday, for instance, when I casually struck up a conversation with this guy who was attending one of my rallies. Nothing weird, just a couple of fellas talking about the gold standard and the true meaning of the Constitution. The guy looked like a real conservative, with the proper opinions and fervor for the cause. He didn’t seem the least bit crazy. At least not until he handed me a DVD with the movie “Loose Change” on it.

Where does this guy get the nerve to hand me that video? Did I look Truthery to him? Was I wearing a “Investigate 9/11″ t-shirt without realizing it? I don’t recall the phrase, “9/11 Truth” entering the conversation, and I don’t have a sign around my neck that reads, “Please, You Truthers, Talk to Me About Melting Steel.”

Here is the link to the bulletin if you want to see it for yourself:

Myspace bulletin

I wonder what Ron Paul supporters think about this. I love his statements on reducing the excess of government. Maybe you can verify if that is his voice, since I am not familiar with it, but the way it sounds, he doesn't even find it remotely possible that the government had anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
As strongly as I feel that 911 WAS an inside job, there are people who feel just as strongly that is was NOT. He is entitleds to his opinion although I completely disagree, however this would not be the only issue I disagree with him on. Still, I feel he is the best candidate out there, our constitution has been shredded and it is my belief he would be the only candidate who would repair it. IMO he is the only "good guy" candidate out there now regardless of his belief on 911. It would be completely ignorant to judge a candidate on one single issue, especially such a controversial issue such as 911. His views on 911 do not change his views on the other issues. I am disappointed, but it does not change my vote.

Even if Ron Paul did believe that 911 was an inside job, I would not expect to hear him say it. For one he is a candidate and to say that would isolate a very large group of voters who could potentially write him off as "crazy". Secondly, if elected as President does that not open a whole new can of worms legally? Would he not be required to order investigations or pursue certain individuals criminally? The ramifications of such a statement would be overwhelming. So quite honestly, if I was running for President, I would probably lie about my belief. At least till I was elected

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I believe that he can't openly take the stance that 911 was an inside job for the fear of his message being ignored. If he became president[which is impossible, Bush would cancel the elections and declare marshal law, if he was to win]
I believe though Ron Paul would reveal the truth about 911 if he became president.
[won't happen, they wouldn't allow it]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, the point is, even people who don't believe it was an inside job, a lot of them think the official story is not conclusive either.

I don't expect him to jump on a bandwagon and say space monkeys developed by Cheney using Bush's DNA controlled by the CIA flew radio controlled planes while simultaneously setting out explosions and aiming space lasers ...

but I do expect him to acknowledge that there were protocols and procedures that were not properly followed, that the public has things hidden from them ... and that he is willing to show the truth (as he sees it) when he is in office, by, releasing the pentagon videos, allowing the recordings to be aired that families have requested and gave permission to be aired that are currently being restricted, and other things that the 'big' government is currently doing.

Well, maybe not that much, but, maybe some sort of bread crumb. I felt his disposition to those who are in the truth movement isn't the sweetest. I guess being bombarded by them isn't fun.

I find it a bit depressing that people ONLY see Ron Paul. Dennis Kucinich is a good one from the 'blue' team. I have said many times I wouldn't mind a Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich bi-partisan ticket with either one in either position ... or if neither of them win the primary, they start their own party together ... since they both were affiliated with other parties in the past.

I guess I don't rest my hope on one man that may be less than he is made out to be.

Heck, I still reserve the thought Al Gore is going to step in at the last moment and sweep away the Democratic nomination ... but I will reserve my opinion on him, as I hope others do, for another discussion elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect even a bread crumb. No matter what he says he will alienate some group of voters, but why alienate them AND possibly be perceived as "crazy". It's bad enough that Ron Paul "looks old" and a lot of younger people in this country associate "old looking" with senility, why give someone ammo to reinforce that?

It is sad to say but our candidates are judge on looks just as much as they are on the issues.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Man u 911 believers need to watch the history channel documentary on the 911 conspiracy. They sure made the conspiracist look ignorant.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Im going to ask a hard question here. But I dont trust ANY candidate right now. Unless they really speak logic, which none are, they speak via there egocentrism and ecstasy from elating there ding a longs with cheap services..

I like Ron Paul, but he strikes a nerve I dont like. Its not that hes not a truther, its that hes too perfect, and not independent. And well theres a devil out there, looking for freedom..at least I think theres a devil..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
Man u 911 believers need to watch the history channel documentary on the 911 conspiracy. They sure made the conspiracist look ignorant.

Man I do not whatsoever care what anyone who doesnt see the cliff before them care what happens to them for the ignorance and mockery they so much love and frothingly excersize in panic as they RUN and MURDER along the way. They find there is nowhere to run, that the country they sold out they now refuse to face with honesty and integrity, showing us a deeper question. Why, when what who how and was it the butler?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
...They sure made the conspiracist look ignorant.

Which was the whole point of the show, and the ignorant sure fell for it...

The rest of us 'conspiracist' (sic) are not so gullible...

As for Ron Paul...So what? It's time people woke up and realised it makes no difference what these idiots say, or think, or do, nothing will change unless WE change it. Take control of your own communities and give the gov the boot, they are killing us.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
its a huge difference if you are a presidental candidate or not saying you believe in an inside job.
and dont forget, the official govt alone hasnt the power to pull all the strings for 911, so it´s not THE GOVT, thats a bit misleadin´, or?

section8citizen
..It's bad enough that Ron Paul "looks old" and a lot of younger people in this country associate "old looking" with senility,..

well, he´s looking but his thinking is young(at least ´younger´than the others)
I mean why is Rockefeller fearing Ron Paul?
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by anti72]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
I wonder what Ron Paul supporters think about this. I love his statements on reducing the excess of government. Maybe you can verify if that is his voice, since I am not familiar with it, but the way it sounds, he doesn't even find it remotely possible that the government had anything to do with it.

It doesnt matter much. We need a good president with our freedoms at heart. As far as 9/11 investigations go, we should not elect a president based on that at all. That is something that needs to be an independent study anyways.

I wish there was a pres. candidate that I could agree with 100%, however it's unlikely, and if there was one like that, I doubt they would have many supporters

any candidate that supports 'truthers' would be shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I guess the point I was trying to make is ... you can tell a lot by HOW someone says something. To me, I hear: even though these people support me, they are a bit nutty.

Now, I am not saying he intended that, but, English language has a lot of natural inflection that is imprinted from our childhood. It takes quite a orator to make people hear and see things without projecting your own feelings into the mix.

I actually appreciate the candor in his voice about it, because, that would mean he isn't projecting a false feeling of it. But, in turn, that means in his heart, he believes the official story with all the holes. I also agree, there isn't a truth movement theory that suffices either. Right now, we are left with nothing that can explain it, just a lot of questions and doubts about ANY story presented to us. To me, someone who is in that position, that can't think critically and openly about something like that, worries me. That means to me, the possibility could never cross their mind OR they know and it is acceptable.

There NEVER will be a perfect candidate. They are human. We will NEVER agree 100%, for we are all unique. I want to make sure we all understand that.

I am not trying to imply in this thread to stop supporting the man. He stands for a lot of great things ... I just want to make sure people are listening to him, and not putting their ideals on him (which it is claimed a lot of people are doing with Obama).

I have said before, he wants to eliminate a lot of the excess government. What are his plans after the fact? How does he re-organize after abolishment of everything? How do these things bring about a better country?

I like his ideas he put out, but as an above poster said, I trust no one. I like Kucinich, and after watching what he says, and how he says it ... I am beginning to trust him as a candidate. I can say, with all honesty at this point, that I truly would love for Ron Paul to be his running mate. That is, unless I get proven otherwise that one or both of these men are not what they are claiming to be. Which is possible.

At this point, even with him saying that, I would still like him to win the Republican nomination. I hope no one mis-construes the intentions of this thread. I just want people to look openly at other candidates on the red and blue team, since there isn't really any others to choose from. To blindly only look at people from your side, limits yourself. They are all human beings up there, and occasionally, there is one or two on each side, that, don't follow the flock. Right now, I think we do have one on each side of the fence that is a 'black sheep' ... with most of the rest being wolves in sheep's clothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
here's a better perspective on how Ron Paul feels about the 9/11 Official Story:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ron Paul is just playing his cards smartly . He will address the 9/11 sham when he is president.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ron paul is the only one I can possibly vote for, thats why hes getting mine. I think hell get into the 9/11 inside job later if he gets presidency just like deadjed said.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
They think that because he was on with Alex Jones alot before he ran for office to change only a modest problem, the main one. Of course America doesnt need that right now, seeing as "oh no look everyone, a giant asteroid..RUN!"

join