It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No sprinklers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was watching a show on 9/11, and the people interviewed that survived the buildings said there were no sprinklers on. Why did they fail?

six

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Most probably what happened when the aircraft hit the towers, they took out the sprinkler systems on those floors. Not knowing the design, but having a very good working knowledge of sprinklers...the system was probably tied together at some point and the risers that feed the system were damaged, there was no water going to the fire floors. The sprinklers on the floors below would not have activated because there was no heat.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Water gains 0.433 psi per foot rise in head. Therefore the discharge pressure of water from a storage tank 100 ft above point of release would be 43.33 psi. If there was water storage on the roofs/upper levels at the WTC towers then those tanks would have been more than two hundred feet above the impact sites. At 80 psi water comes BLASTING out of pipes! Had the sprinkler risers been severed by the plane impacts, the lower floors would have been flooded. Riser pipes are always BIG. The evacuees would have been sopping wet. Were they?

No one mentioned any ‘moisture’ problems. Which means those sprinkler had to have been turned off. And if there really had been plane impacts — which there weren’t — then the fire protection systems along with all the other water mains would not only have to had been turned off, they would have had to have been previously drained.

The truth and nothing but the truth please.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 9/9/2007 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizard_In_The_Woods

Hi Wizard,

I suggest you read the NIST report...but seeing your not into that. I suggest you read the survivors statements along wit hthe first responders statements as the tell of water in the impacted areas.

top topics

join