It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

they kept her birth certificate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My daughter recently applied for her passport and they kept her official birth certificate, they said she would get it back when she got her passport. Is this normal, do they always do this?

I just find it really strange that they would keep it, they told her it would take about two months for them to get the passport processed and in the meantime they have her BC. she was very concerned about just leaving it with them and also worried she might need it for something in the meantime.

Did this happen to you when you applied?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I've never had a passport, so I don't really know the answer. I really don't see why they would need to keep the birth certificate. They should have been able to make a copy and give you the original if they really needed to keep it with them for some reason. If your daughter needs a copy she can get one from the hall of records. There will be a fee though.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yes, it's standard. She can always get another original if she needs it by going to the county office of records and paying the $10 to $12 for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
yeah it's normal don't trip...they took mine for ten weeks..good thing i didnt need it

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It's normal not to worry. When we had to get my daughter a passport for a Europe trip that's what happened. We had another original anyway since Hawaii used to give out multiple copies at birth.

new topics

top topics

join