It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with Booze

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've had a few issues within the back of my mind posting this. I'm partly/mostly in denial and have never really come to terms with what I have to deal with. I'm going to cut to the chase: I drink alot/too much, and I'm an alien to myself. I can't relate to people and never have been able to without a drink. When I'm sober I'm quiet and "boring" imo. This may not bode well for me posting this, but I feel it's the only place whereby I can feel comfortable... maybe:w:
I am a silent nobody unless I drink. I am still the same person though, I have some issues lol. I need a new perspective really. I don't want sympathy, I don't really know what I need though lol. Maybe a girlfriend..

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I hear you! Trust me, I'm the exact same way. I'll go to a bar to have a drink, but won't actually talk to anyone. It takes me being drunk around somebody to loosen up and talk to them........even then it doesn't help sometimes. I would like to meet someone when I go out, but I just can't bring myself to talk to anyone. Doesn't matter who it is. I was actually starting to think I was the only one like this!

Perhaps it's because I know if I say something others will think is stupid, I can blame it on drinking. Who knows! Just so you know you aren't the only one.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I will commiserate with you...I too have been drinking far too much lately,and I hate the fact that I lose all inhibitions when I do. I drink at home usually as the bars here in my city,are run by bikers..Hells Angels,No joke.As a female Iam fearful to go there.I too am usually quiet without alcohol, but after a few...look out...like opening Pandora's box.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Maybe a girlfriend..

That's the best idea. Try to meet a girl in some place other than a bar or club though, so there is less chance she will be a drinker. Behind every good man, is a good woman! My girlfriend drinks maybe a few times a year, and she's constantly keeping my drinkin habits in check.:w: Plus you will have less free time, hence less time to be thinkin about drinkin. (you'll have less money to spend on alcohol too, as you'll be spending it all on her!
:bnghd: )

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys. It's brought alot to consider, and at least I'm not the only one who feels a bit inadequate at times. I appreciate you responses, and feel better because of them.

new topics

top topics

join