It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Live Bands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I want to know who sounds as good if not better live . Not someone lip synching I mean real musicians who go out and kick butt. So much music now all the talent is in the producer and whoever does hair and makeup. It is sad what music is today, but their are still some bands who rock and kick butt live. Tool is one of my favorite bands and blew me away in concert. Queens of the Stoneage another band who rocked live, and Primus was amazing . Who do you think :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, Daft Punk is way better live, but thats kind of different.
The White Stripes are really really amazing live, one of the best concerts ive been to, Anti-Flag is kind of better then the cd, and drop kick murphys, they are good live.

Totaly just left our Bad Religion, they are really good live to.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by pshkwamy]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Dude, the Wiggles ROCK!

My sister went last year to a LIVE CONCERT.

Seriously though, Veggie Tales should have a holographic concert or something... "Weeeeere is my hairbrush? Oh, weeeeeere is my hairbrush?"

~Grand

[edit on 9/9/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy
Anti-Flag is kind of better then the cd
[edit on 8-9-2007 by pshkwamy]

I'll pay that they put on a hell of a show.

ummm slipknot are really good live....for a nu-metal band.
Oh bad don't bother with system of a down they suck really really bad live they sounded like a cat hitting a baby when I saw them. And I think serj was high on stage.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Saw Rise Against last year and they were awesome live. Tool ive seen twice and they were brilliant both times. Motorhead still rock out hard and blew motley Crue away on the tour here. And im hanging out to see IronMaiden in february, they havent been here for 15 years, last time i saw them was in the 80's in their prime and they sounded as good live as they did on record (lol yes vinyl).

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Although I am not a country fan, Garth Brooks was the best concert I have ever been to. He sounded exactly like he does on CD, and puts on a top notch show. Dam shame he retired, I would pay a truckload of money to see a concert of that quality again.

Godsmack also sounds great live.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Floggin Molly!! Rodrigo Y Gabriela accoustic show and lets not forget Steve Miller Band who did everything live in the studio as well on single takes.

DMB Dave Mathews Band is always one of the very best live bands.

Woudn't mind seeing Van Halen IF they can last till they get to my city!!
Ed and Dave

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
neil young puts on a hell of a show...

white stripes do too.
i have seen a fair bit and i know i am biased but out of all the groups i have seen, i have to say the best is the group that dweezil put together for the zpz...the band was tight and there were a lot of virtuoso musicians there.

i'm tellin you though, neil young.....say him in kent...the pretenders opened up for him...chrissy hynde kissed the stage before neil came out...pretty cool.

about seeing van halen....no chance for me...
i am so sick of them and evh with his ego....plus, i don't want to see wolfgang von van halen on the bass you know

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just would want to see them since I never saw them with Roth as lead. I still kick myself for not stopping in to the local watering hole one night when I finished delivering pizzas. Strange band name on the sign, "Guns and Roses". Well thats different I thought. OUCH, never saw them

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Stands up and Says IRONMAIDEN !!

Best live band of all times!!! Best time of my life!!

Take 100 dollars and make it look like a million dollar show!!!

Man check out the crowd on this one!!!! SO MUCH POWER!!! Man I have been on a stage a few times, there is no better drug than the energy you get from the crowd!!

Killers Live!!! If you have never been to a rock concert like this!!! Oh man those where the daze!!!!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Our Lady Peace
Seether
Metallica
Nixons (no longer together)
The Verve Pipe

All great shows...especially the Nixons. Probably the best of all of them, unfortunately they broke up a few years back, but I have never seen a stage show that was pure energy start to finish. Even the slower songs seemed to have this amazing energy to them.

Given that the Nixons are broke up, Seether probably put on the best show of the other bands I listed. Way better than I was expecting...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not a fan of theirs, but the band Train sounds great live. Queen was a great live band.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If you're truly a music fan and enjoy live music, you could do a lot worse than NRBQ. If you ever have a chance to see them, do it.

Another all-time great is Booker T & the MGs. Booker T. Jones (Indiana University, thankyewverymuch), Donald "Duck" Dunn, Steve Cropper, and Al Jackson, Jr. Beat that lineup.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Too bad they are not together anymore, for obvious reasons (RIP Diamond Darrell), but Pantera was one of the most captivating bands I have ever seen perform live. So much raw unadulterated energy made this concert amazing.

As well as them, Coldplay was pretty darn good live, and so were The Roots. Most hip-hop shows are full of random hype men on stage confusing the audience, but the Roots were just straight up music. Amazing!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Dave Matthews Band are amazing live
Tool
Korn
Nine Inch Nails
Rush
Sting

But I would have to say that the best live performance I ever witnessed was Queensryche waaay back in the day at Irvine Meadows Amphitheater in southern california. The acoustics were perfect and the band was incredible.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have seen so many bands live that unfortunately I sometimes forget just who I have or haven't seen but these certainly stand out;
Sex Pistols
Stiff Little Fingers
Springsteen
The Exploited
Oasis
Green Day were ok till they covered "We are The Champions" and asked the crowd to get lighters out, that just killed it for me.

Seen that many bands and had so many good times, still doing it too!

But best of all has to be The Levellers, seen them 11 - 12 times now, never fail to perform to the highest standards.
The energy, effort and sound are just second to none.
Check the first two links on my signature.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
And im hanging out to see IronMaiden in february, they havent been here for 15 years, last time i saw them was in the 80's in their prime and they sounded as good live as they did on record (lol yes vinyl).

i was prolly in the same crowd mojo,at the hordern right?still don't know how they made eddie work..though i was young dumb and out of it at the time,hehe :w:

best i've seen live is elton john then floyd.the elton john show was incredible,they had the spinning drummer 360 degree cage thing happening,and elton was the most brilliant showman with every song a barnburner live.he just destroys the piano

floyd are incredible too.history making songs,the multimedia stuff happening behind the pyro..stunning

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Depeche Mode.

Only band I've seen live and only seen them once but they sounded amazing. Just as good as they do on record! If not better.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I’m admittedly old school, but my favorites that I’ve seen are:

Rush
Neil Young
The Who
SRV
Elton John
Neil Schon (and whatever band that was he was with)
Boston (yes, Brad Delp could really sing all that live)
Iron Maiden
Peter Frampton (who I just saw for the first time this month and was GREAT)

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i don't get to see a lot of rock shows but i've seen some hip-hop shows in my day so perhaps i can contribute a little bit to this thread

MF Doom puts on a good show
Eyedea and Abilities was fun
umm
cunninlynguists... they were awesome
One Be Low was pretty good..

and last but not least, boot camp click
BCC was probably the best show i've ever been to

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join