It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to govern ones speach.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is from a spiritual writer in over 500 years ago, st Francis de sales used this book as well, very interesting insight on speach.

" We must give careful attention to our speach because of our tendencies to speak on anything that is attrictive to our senses. This inclination is rooted in a certain pride.

We think that we know a great deal about things and, fond of our own conceptions, we do not hesitate to communicate them to others. We think the entire esembly should be attentative to us.

" One could not enumerate all the evil consequences arising from uncontrolled speach. In general, we may say that it occasions much loss of time, it is a certain sign of ignorance and shallowness, it usually involves detractions and lies, and cools the fervor of devototion. It reinforces our disorderly passions, and establishes a habit of loose and idle talk.

" As a method of correcting this, I would suggest the following. Do not talk too much! either to those who will listen to you, lest you bore them, or those who enjoy hearing you lest you be lead into impproper avenues of conversation.

" Loud and dictorial tones are not pleasing to the ear and only reveal your presumptuios ignorance.

Ill have more later on this.

peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ill add more on this later.

One other thing in the book to christians it says.

That when someone believe in his heart that he cares more than others, its a form of pride of caring more. They run on pride and usually have a tense tone in their voices and speak faster instead of modest.

peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

These are really interesting! Please post some more.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
this book has existed over 500 years. It deals with the spiritual life and self love.

that disease that needs to be erased from the soul.

heres another one.

" Likewise the sick man who pretends so much uneasiness on account of the inconvenience caused those who tend him is no sooner well than he loses his solicitude for the sufferings of his attendants at the hands of others. Obviously his impatience is not a glowing tribute to his sympathy for others, but rather an actual indictment of his love for himself "

This selflove is in everybody. I know ive experienced it before.

peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
One more thing. I remember when I first came on this website under the name Truth, I used to have all types of fealings, but how ive changed since then is amazing.

I went from saying in 2002 on this site.

" Gods heart is mine, his heart is my heart "

to now in 2007

" I have no heart without his grace, and have a dead heart "

so the change God can do in a soul is amazing, he has humbled me out alot, specially by suffering.

peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It really is a total change! when I look back on some of the things I've done, the worst of them can be attributed to a self-created desire that I felt needed to be fulfilled.

I've come to think that, alot of the time, It isn't what God gives you day-to-day but what he takes from you. He is a fathomless vessel that can store all your "junk". All the things that keep your mind and heart from residing in God, he lifts off your shoulders, and you just feel... good. I feel so ungrateful sometimes if I look back at the week and see all the times I wasn't "with" God. He's right there with us even when we ourselves are so far away from him.

I wasn't gonna post tonight, but when I read this thread, there was God, weighing my heart. It's such a beautiful relationship. You reap what you sow.

So as encouragement, sow in Christ my siblings! The bounty is great!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes that reminds me of a prophecy in the 1800s about horseless carriages and flying like birds.

It says that God will punish the world when men creat inventions that will lead them to forget God.

This country is just like ancient egypt was, and thats why the satanic eye and pyramid is on the dollar to symbolize that their God is money and materialism and satan.

But the changes are amazing. I remember even little things like how when I was younger I could step on bugs easily.

Now I cant without (feeling) bad, with a conscience, I cant do it anymore.

Its Gods grace, and love.

peace.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
JIT?

I think that people in general should watch any 'any word, that proceedeth outeth thy mouthes.

Everyone, including myself, should watch what we say!

We shouldn't be so quick to point at ohters, when all the while we hold the compass.

Life is sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!

[edit on 26-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Oh heres another sign of pride.

If someone thinks they know everything, and everything about someone else, what they want, what they think ect..

They talk constantly without any listening ability, and dont take any advice, for their adivice is their own mind.

I think thats why God like little people. Or childlike people. If you notice in scripture (read 1john), the apostles were babes, little people, humble people.

they were sincere, always (asking) questions, never full of themsleves.

Those little people, have not lost what they had since their youth.

I think thats why Jesus said.

" Unless you be converted and become like children "

Not like children in understanding, but in childrens last mindedness.

they know how to follow the leader and be silent and listen (good) ones.

But once a soul gets old, it thinks it knows everything, becomes its own God, and loses what it had when a child.

Notice when family members get inot a selflove fight over whos doing wrong or whos better ect.

but when the same were all children, they would play around without any thought of selflove.

Its pretty amazing.

peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have to update this one because this book is good, ill have more later...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I agree.
Some of THE most loving people I've known were the quietest.
Pride is a sticky and sneaky trap!

We have to speak the truth in love and I can say, sometimes the love can be forgotten by me when I'm hitting someone over the head with truth.

Pray for me, please......
:bash:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have more where this comes from, I'm posting more later, I'm so lazy I just don't like typing...ahhhhhh.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
ok one thing about suffering

Matthew 11:12

" And from the days of Joh the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent bare it away "

God said

" take up your cross and fallow me "

Every single saint suffered beyond measure and carried their cross, some even to the point of stigmata, the passion ect.. Like st gemma. Now some ask that Christ died once for sins but you don't understand the myster of his uniting his sufferings with the saints because the saints are really Christs but as reguar people (meaning they are full of humility and full of Christ so it's not actually them but Christ working through them, so it's actually Christ suffering inside of them )

That's the mystery of the saints suffering, now I'm going to continue the book..

this one had to do with lust and men that fall into sin and their hidden pride on thinking they are immune to sins of the flesh.

I'm gonna tell you this strait up as a man. NO MAN who is strait are immune to women, and I have fallen into sin many times and it's very hard in this age to live become women are not classy at all.

pg 16

" Many are also decieved in this way. They ascribe to virtue the cowardice and anxiety that arises from sin. Although this weakness is accompanied by some sorrow, it is founded on a (hidden) pride and presumption of ones own (strength). Thus the man who thinks he is far advanced in virtue looks with too much indifference on temptations, and finds by sad experience that, (like other men), he is subject to weakness. (He is astonished at his fall), and finding himself decieved by his expectations, sinks into sorrow and despair. This never happens to the humble man who does not presume on his own strength, but places his trust in God alone. If he commits a fault, it occasions no suprise or anxiety, because he discovers by that light of truth which is his guide that his fall is due to his natural instability and weakness "

so what he saying is very obvious. Some spiritual men make the mistake and think they are invulnerable to temptations and when they do fall they are shocked because of their hidden prides.

peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
updating soon.

theres alot of good stuff in this book.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Believe it or not, but I'm actually pretty quiet in real life, and don't argue with people really at all. Usually isn't worth it. But when you come to a forum like this where discussion can take place, as you are actually able to get an entire point across without being interrupted, I am much more vivid.

The different between this forum and when I'm dealing with people in person is the environment. While there are many disagreements here, for the most part what is said stands on it's own merits. And I'm not having to worry about some idiot who can't handle opposing opinions wanting to start a fight etc.

And I think this is something that is important to keep in mind. There are times when it is best to watch your mouth, and there are times when it's different. If I was in an environment IRL where people were focused on the debate and so forth, I would speak up the way I do here. But when I am around the average joe, you won't hear much of a peep out of me.

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

So would you not agree that it is really dependent on the environment? I don't have to worry about someone "rending" me on here.

When people argue and reduce themselves down to being scorners, where they are calling you names and doing personal attacks, it is very tempting and hard not to have yourself reduced to that level. And it really makes one want to get "Al Pacino" and yell "You dunno what I know!!!!"

But now if you are in a different kind of environment, then such things will be appreciated.

Also, when it comes to self love, if you take it too far you will start to get into self loathing. How can you love one another as yourself if you loath yourself?

I think of it as a line. To be on the left side of that line is to err, and to be on the right side of that line is too err. Too much self love is a bad thing, and not enough self love is also a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Believe it or not, but I'm actually pretty quiet in real life, and don't argue with people really at all. Usually isn't worth it. But when you come to a forum like this where discussion can take place, as you are actually able to get an entire point across without being interrupted, I am much more vivid.

This is exactly how I am too.

Extremely silent in person.

And the point about self loathing, that's trues, they actually call that another hidden pride in the soul of a false sense of how worthless you are.

You need a healthy dose of humility not overboard self loathing.

I need to search for the book, I'll try and find that qoute about that as well.

peace.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I gotta update this and will post another one later.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

It’s a shame badmedia has gone…I liked him a lot…

I’m not sure if this is in the bible or where I read it…but I read somewhere that…

“the tongue is a serpent, that needs to be tamed!”

This always makes me think and choose my words, as wisely as I possibly can…

- JC

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
yea the tounge is a serpent. I kind of wish God made us like the simple animals who can't speak.

or angels who communicate through the brain.

But as for badmedia. where did he go? i liked him too.

peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
yea the tounge is a serpent. I kind of wish God made us like the simple animals who can't speak.

or angels who communicate through the brain.

But as for badmedia. where did he go? i liked him too.

peace.

new topics

top topics

join