It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world going girly?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
damn i readed stuff like that in some sites but this really is the cake.
thanks man u rule

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
dam this guide is so awesome just the stuff i needed,i already readed and knew some of the stuff but its awesome,cant take u enough.
if u ever need any favor u2u me

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No problems, glad I could be of assistance

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
dammit im such a shy person i dont like looking people in the eyes.but guess ill have to use my newly found jedi weapon.my eyes are hipnotic and demonic anyway

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Those are your strongest weapons. Even the Jedis in Star Wars make heavy eye contact before doing the Jedi mind-trick.

But don't gawk. And don't squint

Signal your intentions, which is to know

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
shame there nothin in the guide for how to deal with the girl i got my eyes on.
she is nice inside but likes treats me like crap and commands me,in the begining i though she is just "......." but when i confront her rude shield brokes,shes doing it on purpose dont know why...
and me being stupid let her treat me that way

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's where you take different parts and build your own Frankenstein strategy. And remember not to put her on the pedestal. Cloud your judgement, it will.

If it still fails, don't worry. Do it American Style!

Shoot enough times, you'll hit something. It's a numbers game

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
ooooi know that now^^thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
4 ---emo boys---- tight clothes,being depresed cutting yourself?again girls like them

yes because sweeping generalizations are the best thing to base your opinions on.

The internet is indeed a haven for stupidity.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh wow, I got warned. Fine, I'll just have to type up a legitimate response. Here we go.

Originally posted by Unisol
Someone hase to stand up and say that.most of our manly society has gone a little girly,and is influenced by girly stuff.
lets start witht he proof
1 ---MUSIC---
so i listen to hip hop most of the time,most of the other music has gone girly: girly emo metal,girly ballads,girly i dont know what more.
i remember the old hip hop with lil jon and all the hardcore rap

Manly society? So are you implying that the society was better when it was dominated by men and now you're upset because feminine culture is being blended with the men? I don't even know what you're talking about Lil Jon and hardcore rap. Lil Jon is not old. And what does that even have to do with a more feminine society?

Emo and metal never go together! Ugh, I hate it when people think that!

There is no such thing as girly metal. The closest thing you could get to girly metal would be Arch Enemy or Kittie, but that's only because they have female vocalists. Girly ballads? I think "girly ballads" go back hundreds of years.

and now what?:
massari -songs sounds great but DAMN THATS GIRLY and is that make up on him?
p dyddy and mario's new song - sounds great again but damn thats girly!
50 cent and timbarlake ayo technology?sounds great again but little made for girls again dont u think?
neyo - cmon man thats just SICK how can u be so damn girly!
the "shes like the wind song" again little girly tony sunshine ha?
so i made my point about girly songs everywhere these days!

... Again, you're criticizing people because they're "girly" (and I don't even know where you're getting that from) even though they sound good. Sounds pretty sexist to me.

2 ---girls---
girls like gays they adore gays much more then we do "girls with girls"
yea in school and your girl/friends like to make you girly dont you?
sometimes they want to be on the top(excuse for this) hm?
i cant made my point here couse ill be banned...^^

... Uhm actually, girls like gays because they're the epitome of the sensitive guy. I have lots of gay friends and they're so much more open-minded and sensitive than the guys that feel the need to be macho all the time.

And just for the record, guys only like girls with girls for their own sexual enjoyment, not because they have good personalities.

3 ---did i heard about homosexuals in the army?---
4 the new 80' style thats in bulgaria right now
boys walking with fashion haircuts and large aviator glasses with handbags acting girly.....excuse me miss where u keep ur lipstick?
again girls date everyone of them couse theyr girly

BULGARIA? Homosexuals in the army? Where are you getting this stuff?

4 ---emo boys---- tight clothes,being depresed cutting yourself?again girls like them
ill continue the thread tomorow i got into trouble....

Oh wow, now you're comparing depression and cutting yourself to being girly? WOW.

Believe me, I am no feminist, but from the perspective of a girl, this is just sexist and ignorant.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hey fellas, chill. This is the "Rant" forum. Read the thread. The initial post was just a means to an end. We all got the same admonition, which was quite justified. It's no big deal.

Edit: Ok maybe not all of us, but I'm predicting another will.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
dont wanna insult anyone but theres one thing that always bothered me
ok well then if girls like sensitive man why they date always jerks that dotn care about them and leave the good boys as theyr "only friends"
i know maybe its just the town i leave in but cmon....thats just...
and when the girl stop dating the jerk she finds another jerk and never gives a chance the good guy that cares for her?hm?

about the thread yes i didnt think very much while making it but u still made me sounds like a more bad guy then i am.what will u say about the women commercials i was talking about?

[edit on 10/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I dont think the world has necessarily become girly more or less it always has been pretty much the same. A large part of the difference we are seeing is men have pretty much allowed themeselves to become emascualted. As far as why gay guys get on so well with girls umm come on just look at it for what it is to a girl a gay man is the epitome of what you cant have, which automatically makes it that much more attractive. Has actually little to nothing to do with thier being more sensitive and such nonsense. The reason the jerks end up with the girl is they understand the principles of attraction and exploit them, whereas the "goodguy" often times fails to use them at all. Do you think it is a coincidence that girls are attracted to the atheletes and troublemakers in school? no it is not they are attracted to the guys who are in fact going out and boldly do something. Men boldly go, crying little wussies say i cant it is to hard.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Jovi1]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is it wrong that I like "girly" Symphonic Metal? =(

Gangsta rap sux. I don't want to hear music about sex and raping women. I like SOME rap, but most rap sux.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
well then again i like some metal
the song "so cold" by breakin benjamin, i like it very much
u know it?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
^ Too bad that isn't metal...

Please explain to me how metal can be girly?

If Cannibal Corpse is girly, I'm sorry for contributing to the girly demise of society.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Is it wrong that I like "girly" Symphonic Metal? =(

Gangsta rap sux. I don't want to hear music about sex and raping women. I like SOME rap, but most rap sux.

Hell that's not girly. Rap has gone way downhill. At least Symphonic Metal talks about stuff that matters. Rap is too.. materialistic, me thinks.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i admit i didnt think about the metal,there isnt girly metal bt i here a lot of girls listen to green day and three day grace or what whas the name sorry^^
do lots of males listen to them also?
and for the hip hop even though i know english i its just sounds so nice on english,i just like the way it sounds and the bass.
what u think about 50 cent - fire?mm^^?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unisol

That's punk, not metal. Avril Lavigne is punk.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
^ Too bad that isn't metal...

Please explain to me how metal can be girly?

If Cannibal Corpse is girly, I'm sorry for contributing to the girly demise of society.

I cant think of anything girlyer than that caveman Corpsegrinder up on stage singing about strangling a man with his own intestines on a whim.

Athough this did give me a funny idea imagine Cannibal Corpse on stage dressed as old timey school girls with blond pig tail wigs and bonettes on. now theres a spectical id pay to see.

<< 1    3 >>

join