It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifty Worst Cars Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Fifty Worst Cars Ever

www.time.com

Uh-oh. Here comes trouble. Let's stipulate that the Model T did everything that the history books say: It put America on wheels, supercharged the nation's economy and transformed the landscape in ways unimagined on the day the first black-only Tin Lizzy bucked and trembled off the assembly line. Well, that's just the problem, isn't it? The Model T — whose mass production technique was the work of engineer William C. Klann, who had visited a slaughterhouse's "disassembly line"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I listed the Model T because it is a famous car. There are other big names, in the list. From Pontiac, Chevy Corvette, DeLorean, even Lamborgini. Take a look at the list and see if one of your cars is on it. Or please feel free to state what car you think should be on it.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This would have been a good retrospective, if it weren't for the author's infusion of his sleazy politics.

I got a few good chuckles out of the narrative, but I found most of it to be more than mildly annoying.

This is journalism?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i kind of expected to see my car up there..

i guess i'm glad i didn't.. even if this guy doesn't really know what he's talking about

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
When I was much younger and DESPERATE to buy my first car, I bought a Ford Pinto. I thought it was so cool because it had a white strip on each side and made me think of the car from the old Starsky and Hutch TV series which used to be one of my favs when I was a kid (oh man, did I just date myself there - lol).

I'll never forget, I bought it for $800 and my parents were horrified just waiting for it to explode. I finally "stepped up" and bought a Chevy Chevette after that. That was like driving in a really small box but that little car got me everywhere for a while.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Or please feel free to state what car you think should be on it.

This ugly hunk of metal from Malaysia:

Ouch! My eyes!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by trek315
When I was much younger and DESPERATE to buy my first car, I bought a Ford Pinto.

I can't believe you bought it LOL My first car was a ford pinto and it was handed down to my from my Grandfather. I did NOT want to drive that thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by trek315

I'll never forget, I bought it for $800 and my parents were horrified just waiting for it to explode. I finally "stepped up" and bought a Chevy Chevette after that. That was like driving in a really small box but that little car got me everywhere for a while.

My family had a pinto also back in the day. It is interesting that your first two cars made the list. Although that same story may be repeated many times for young people with there first cars.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

This ugly hunk of metal from Malaysia:

Wow well you are right, that is quite the unique looking car. It is even more box like then the Volvo's.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
But at least them Volvos are tough and reliable. This piece of junk (or any junk that Proton outputs locally) is made of the cheapest metals they can scrounge up. And the windows never work. It's always the windows.

Here's a Google search for proton window problem

You'll see what I mean. It's a running gag in this country.

top topics

join