It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spinning London UFO - EDIT: Fishing line thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just seen this weird spinning thing on YouTube and wondered what others thought it was?

It seems to me to be something tethered but anyone got any idea what or why?

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Shambles]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well what ever it is, that old guy has it on the end of his fishing line so that rules out ET lol. I have no idea what the hell it is though

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What an odd video! Any idea on how old? It cant be that recent cause Big Bens been turned of for some repairs......

It does seem to be rather stationary doesn't it. No idea what it could be but I think it seems to be geniune and not another cgi hoax clip.

May be some kind of man made drone for recon? But then whats it doing hovering i the center of London!

regards

Paul

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Seriously what human would design something like this? It defys any human logic if its a 'drone' please dont just throw out random comments without thinking it thru..

May be some kind of man made drone for recon? But then whats it doing hovering i the center of London!

regards

Paul

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's called a kite. The video even shows the guy at the end controlling it. Come on guys, I know at least one other person here has had a kite like this before.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah I missed that bit at the end where it was on the fishing line, had to look twice to see it even after you pointed it out, must be to identify the line or something? - well not a UFO any more

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Shambles]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

In 1997 I stopped on the old Hungerford footbridge to look at this UFO. I asked the guy next to me "what is it?" and we got talking and are now married with a kid.
We also met the guy flying the kite - who was its inventor. He's an elderly American, and was flying it on a km of fishing twine. We both had a go - and it's q hard work as the wind exerts a pretty strong pull on teh rope. The inventor seemed really interesting

Source:

Metacafe video comment

new topics

top topics

join