It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Alien Craft Photographed By Cassini! NASA’s Cover-Up Blown?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
antipigopolist's comparison doesn't really prove anything either way.

One picture could be real, the other one Pshopped or airbrushed... The question then becomes which one is which, and that being the case you're back to square one.

However 'official' a pic, it could just as easily have been manipulated as a picture in a newspaper. In fact, both pics could have been manipulated, and neither might be true.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Good grief Mikesingh, another post you sure are busy.

Now if John Lear was here I think he would be in his element, But I have a sneaky suspicion you no that.

These EMV's have been out there a very long time they were first photographed in 1980 by Voyager 1.

If you read a book by Norman R. Bergrun called "Ringmakers of Saturn" you would know there is possibly a smaller one in a crater called "Mare Orientale" on the Moon, (edited out of course).

The ones in Saturns rings are the source of awesome electro magnetic power.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That image is obviously a supossedly interpretation made by the french magazine.

Im sure that the french article doesn´t say that the image is an original picture.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
Good work!
It looks like it's a hoax. Just keep in mind though that pictures of Saturn can be rotated. I'm sure Voyager took pictures of it from many different angles as well as Cassini did.

Thanks pj but really...it took 2 minutes to find the original photo the French "journalist" used to photoshop in his "probes". And it is indeed the same image with editing. Yes, photos can be manipulated but the angle at which the photo was taken by Cassini coupled with the shadows cast on the surface of Saturn as well as across her rings are an exact match to the French "probes" image . Those attributes are a bit more difficult to fake and the coincidence it too big to ignore.

-AP

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion437

That image is obviously a supossedly interpretation made by the french magazine.

Im sure that the french article doesn´t say that the image is an original picture.

I would agree the illustration I have looks more organic may be even a life form, frankly it's weird.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Actually you are right some beings do live on the ships after all there are many different types and sizes.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antipigopolist

Thanks pj but really...it took 2 minutes to find the original photo the French "journalist" used to photoshop in his "probes". And it is indeed the same image with editing. Yes, photos can be manipulated but the angle at which the photo was taken by Cassini coupled with the shadows cast on the surface of Saturn as well as across her rings are an exact match to the French "probes" image . Those attributes are a bit more difficult to fake and the coincidence it too big to ignore.

-AP

As pointed out by a previous poster, the photo which shows the objects could easily be the leaked original and the photo you found could be the airbrushed Nasa release.

We need to establish for certain whether the article states that it is an actual photo or an illustration.

Unfortunately my french is about as good as George W Bush's.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You both make very good points. I happen to think the latter is less likely, and this is indeed a hoax. It's always nice to think "what if" but it's more important to realize the reasons "why it isn't." I'm surprised more people here are so convinced this is a real alien ship when we have no evidence but a shady photo and a tabloid article. To the OP, this is most likely why it didn't get much attention the first go around.

[edit on 9/8/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
AS a foot note to my last post here is a little about the author of "Ringmakers of Saturn"

Dr. Norman Bergrun is an alumnus of Ames Research Laboratory, NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics) predecessor of Ames Research Center, NASA where he worked twelve years as a research scientist. At Ames, he pioneered the setting of design criteria for airplane thermal ice-prevention and the developing of roll stability laws for airplanes, missiles and rockets.

He joined Lockheed Missiles and Space Company (now Lockheed Martin) where he was manager of the planning and analysis of flight tests for the Navy Polaris Underwater Launch Missile System. During his thirteen years at Lockheed, he also served as a senior scientist having responsible analysis cognizance of special space-satellite applications. After a short tour of duty with Nielsen Engineering and Research, in 1971 he founded Bergrun Engineering and Research, parent of Bergrun Research founded in 1999 especially for world wide web activities.

An Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronauics (AIAA), he is active as a leader in Congressional Visits Day events on Capitol Hill. As Deputy Director-at-Large for the AIAA western region, he overlooks section activities in seven western states. Other memberships include The Planetary Society, The Association for the Advancement of Science, The Aviation Hall of Fame, the National Society of Professional Engineers, the Federation of American Scientists and the Scientific Faculty, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.

Bergrun holds a BSME degree from Cornell University, an LLB from LaSalle University Extension, a DSc (Hon) from World University and a California Professional Engineer (PE) License. He also has engaged in graduate aerospace studies at Stanford University. He is a founder of the California Society of Professional Engineers Education Foundation, is author of two books Tomorrow's Technology Today and Ringmakers of Saturn and has published over 100 papers. Two recent manuscripts, Lunar Life Forms: Revelations of Apollo 14 and Mars Puts on a Good Face: The Masquerade, have been registered with the Library of Congress, Washington, D. C. He has lectured in the United States, Canada, England and Europe.

Credited with numerous awards and citations including the California Society of Professional Engineers Archimedes Engineering Achievement Award, and Special Service Citations for contributions to the AIAA National Public Policy and to the Regional Sections Activity Committees, he is listed in Marquis "Who's Who in the World", "Who's Who in America", "Who's Who in Science and Engineering", and other reference works.

Continuing interests include photography*, NASA student activities and music, having played as a concert musician at Carnegie Hall with the Cornell University Band and having been a founder of "Aurora Singers", a 64-voice choir

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
I'm a little confused. Is the french article claiming that the photo with those three cigar shapes is real, or is that an illustration for their article?

That's my question. It appears everyone is talking about that photo, but I could be completely wrong...which is not uncommon!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I got all excited by the subject line and thought I'd see incontrovertible evidence of aliens and instead there's a crappy infrared long-exposure of Saturn with a moon or something (who KNOWS what it is) orbiting around the rings and also a really crappy illustration in some French magazine.

This is supposed to be exciting? I don't see any alien space ships. Do I have to squint really really hard?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wish I'd paid more attention in French class back in school now.

I certainly haven't made my mind up yet. The long exposure theory carries a lot of weight as a decent explanation though.

I'd be keen to see what resident photography experts would have to say about the lighting and shadows on the objects in comparison to the sunlight on Saturn itself.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sophismata

Who said it was supposed to be exciting?

Mike thought it was worth sharing and I agree with him.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well I believe it looks like giant spaceships. But then again I also believe that crop circles are real. And that gray aliens are evil. And that UFO`s exist.
So pay no attention to me LOL!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Excellent post antipigopolist,

Your right the cylinders in that picture I believe are hoaxed.

However what you should be looking at is the disruption in Saturns ring system now thats a gap of 136.000 miles or roughly 17 earth diameters.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Maybe they are looking for slaves or perhaps for a good meal.....

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is it possible that the objects are just Saturn's moons, perhaps at an exposure of a few seconds? That would explain the size, and why they seem cigar shaped.

Although I don't know whether the moons would be affected by the long exposure in a way that fast moving objects would. I doub it, so maybe it's something else.

Also, I agree that the picture most people seem to be focusing on looks very much like an intended reporudction drawing, not a real picture.

[edit on 8/9/07 by Navieko]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The more you wrote about this guy, the shadier and more self-serving he sounded!

Originally posted by sherpa
AS a foot note to my last post here is a little about the author of "Ringmakers of Saturn"
Bergrun holds a BSME degree from Cornell University, an LLB from LaSalle University Extension,

translation: a real bachelors' of Engineering and a bachelors' of law from an online study university that was once thought of as a degree mill.

a DSc (Hon) from World University

Where you, yourself, can buy a DSc for $2500. At this point, I began to be suspicious of the guy. Why call yourself "doctor" if the only thing you have is a degree from a degree mill? Maybe it's because he wants to sound credible for his books because the science is so bad?
www.awu.edu...

Seriously. As everyone in the UFO community (who've been around for dog's ages) can tell you, there's a lot of fake scientists and fake "doctors" of whatever out there pretending to be the real thing so they can sell you books.

He is a founder of the California Society of Professional Engineers Education Foundation

Notice that he gave himself his foundation's highest award?

Credited with numerous awards and citations including the California Society of Professional Engineers Archimedes Engineering Achievement Award

...and these are ones you can buy your name into. They're vanity books, and YOU (or I) can buy our own entry int them:

he is listed in Marquis "Who's Who in the World", "Who's Who in America", "Who's Who in Science and Engineering", and other reference works.

But he's not listed anywhere in Google Scholar as having actually written any Real Engineering papers for a Real Engineering journal.

All the reviews I see show some pretty bogus thinking on his part. This self-awards and degree mill honors don't speak very highly of his character or his integrity OR his science OR his ability to get top secret info (like he'd have if he really was a real scientist.)

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedude
Well I believe it looks like giant spaceships. But then again I also believe that crop circles are real. And that gray aliens are evil. And that UFO`s exist.
So pay no attention to me LOL!

I am with you spacedude. I am so hungry for information that I tend to over eat and believe what is fed me.
My kids keep me grounded though, so it's all good.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Mikesingh you are truly the man. Your posts are always jaw-dropping, fascinating pieces of information. This is an amazing find man. Honestly you should start your own website.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join