It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed German Law Targets Muslim Converts for Surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Proposed German Law Targets Muslim Converts for Surveillance

www.kansascity.com

BERLIN | German security officials called Friday for new laws permitting anti-terrorism investigators greater freedom to spy on Internet users.

They are now blocked from using that investigative tool under constitutionally protected privacy laws.

Germany’s state interior ministers and the federal minister, Wolfgang Schaeuble, stopped short of endorsing a proposal by Bavaria to allow Internet spying on all Islamic converts in Germany.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Imminent Terror Attack On Ramstein And Frankfurt Airport Foiled

[edit on 9/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It appears that Germany has determined that recent converts to Islam are more likely to become radicalized than those born into it.

Such a law would probably be unconstitutional in the U.S. but I don't know about German law.

www.kansascity.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

The consitution does not cover such an issue. In the US crimminals are monitored, churches are monitored to catch them being "political".

I think all of Islam should be implanted with RFI chips and tracked step by step.

This is a good logical start.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster
reply to post by djohnsto77

The consitution does not cover such an issue. In the US crimminals are monitored, churches are monitored to catch them being "political".

I think all of Islam should be implanted with RFI chips and tracked step by step.

This is a good logical start.

Sure, why not lock them up in camps and save on chips. Maybe make them so slave labour and burn them when they are no good to you any more.

Yeah, what a fantastic idea! It's a wonder nobody though of it before...

Well I guess this comes as no surprise with the instalation of Fascist governments in Germany and France. Countries that had nothing to fear in the past will suddernly start cranking up the terrorometer which seems only to make things worse and not better for everybody. The Germans of all people should come to their senses and see this rubbish for what it is.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
They say this is not a was on Islam, but it obviously is. Probably because the Western leaders knows eventually the Islamic world is going to see them as their enemy, if not already, and if suddenly someone converts to Islam, it's a sign of the side they've chosen. As GWB said, "You're either with us, or against us. There is no middle ground here".

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
They say this is not a was on Islam, but it obviously is. Probably because the Western leaders knows eventually the Islamic world is going to see them as their enemy, if not already, and if suddenly someone converts to Islam, it's a sign of the side they've chosen. As GWB said, "You're either with us, or against us. There is no middle ground here".

That's a pretty narrow view of a complicated world. So if I become a Jedi am I with them or against them?

top topics

join