It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest Airlines pulls woman from flight for 'revealing attire'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Southwest Airlines pulls woman from flight for 'revealing attire'

consumerist.com

Southwest went so far as to ask the woman the leave the airplane. So what was she wearing?

A "white denim miniskirt, high-heel sandals, and a turquoise summer sweater over a tank top over a bra."

My god! Alert the TSA and the local police! We can see leg!

She had a doctor's appointment that afternoon in Tucson, where temperatures had topped 106 all week. She arrived at Lindbergh Field wearing a white denim miniskirt, high-heel sandals, and a turquoise summer sweater over a tank top over a bra.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I thought this was ludicrous to begin with, but after seeing the outfit, it is obvious to me there was no reason to pull the woman off the plane!

Below I have included a video (I hope it works)

consumerist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

And why arent there any pictures to go with this story?
I cant really make a call until I see exactly what she was wearing.

EDIT ok, IM sorry for jumping the gun.
Her attire looks fine to me, unless thats ALL she was wearing, if you know what I mean.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
CNN and MSNBC have a video interview with her wearing the outfit in question.

There was NOTHING wrong with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
OMG!

It was the shoes. Did you see them? They didn't match the outfit, only her handbag. Cant have that!

See, they even cut out her shoes in this pic.

Didn't see the video link, so here is another one.

Hm, the comments on this site say that they saw her crotch on the video, and that MSNBC had to black it out. Some say that before it was edited, they could see white undie's.

Was she going commando on the plane?

[edit on 9/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe "Keith" was upset that she was wearing white after Labor Day? Hmm....

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I must admit, I got a little excited when she sat down on the couch on the Today show this morning.

My g/f thinks her skirt was a little slutty, lengthwise that is.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
OMG!

Hm, the comments on this site say that they saw her crotch on the video, and that MSNBC had to black it out. Some say that before it was edited, they could see white undie's.

Was she going commando on the plane?

[edit on 9/7/07 by makeitso]

Is there a law that says you must wear undies? Does the airline have a posted dress code?

Then I say they're wrong.

[edit on 7-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How ridiculous. As long as she's covered the airline should just ignore it. She's skinny and attractive, I'm betting someone who complained was a bit jealous.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
She was not pulled from the plane..

she was asked by a male flight attendant to come to the front of the plane by the door to the jetway. There, Ebbert said that she was told she would have to catch a later flight because she was showing too much skin and Southwest is a "family" airline.

The flight attendant, she said, suggested that she go to a gift shop to buy clothes. She offered to pull the top of her sweater tight over her breasts and her skirt down as far as possible, a compromise that was accepted.

"Southwest Airlines was responding to a concern about Ms. Ebbert's revealing attire on the flight that day," the airline said in a statement. "As a compromise, we asked her to adjust her clothing to be a little less revealing. She complied and traveled as scheduled.
ABC News

Just to clarify..

Semper

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Now I know Terrorists flew planes into the WTC and Pentagon in 2001 but when did the Taliban start running the Airline Industry?

[edit on 9/9/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

That's my friend Semper. Deny Ignorance. Though I do not agree with what the airline did. i cannot see how the outfit was too revealing. Hell, when i first read the OP i though YEAH let's see some pics of this chick. I have to say very low visual impact and if someone can see that as being too revealing then hell, what is this world coming to. She was going to a doc appointment, why would she want to wear G string and sneakers for - that's almost the reaction she received.

But again, the whole story was not relayed and that's the biggest problem with newspapers too. The fact remains - she caught the flight and reached her destination as planned.

But somoene at the airline need to learn to be a little more modern. "It's a family airline" so? I can guarantee that the kids on the flight have seen "worse/better" and probably have some vids on their PCs at home LOL.

I have a little cousin who is 6 i think and he swears worse than i do at times. Adults are the ones needing protection these days
hehehe

new topics

top topics

join