It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madeleine's MOTHER is now an official suspect!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
not trying to be rude or anything my heart did go out for the girl but why was it all over the news for such along time?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
not trying to be rude or anything my heart did go out for the girl but why was it all over the news for such along time?

Because it gets people to tune it and makes them money and also probably makes the parents money too.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

but why was it all over the news for such along time?

Because the parent's turned it into a media circus and the media sucked it up, from very early on the parent's were useing spokesmen and pr people in a way that surely would have made Max Clifford envious

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
oh i see i just thought there were other important things that should of been aired on the news like the many deaths in iraq etc and other key issues but they wernt expecialy on sky news (never wacth from there again)

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

oh i see i just thought there were other important things that should of been aired on the news like the many deaths in iraq etc and other key issues but they wernt expecialy on sky news (never wacth from there again)

You were right.
Many people thought the media were glorifying the crime by following it all the time and putting it ahead of such events, like the new Prime Minister, floods, foot and mouth, shootings, etc, etc

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i agree as much as we were all heart broken but you move on to the next story like after 9/11 we didnt broadcast it for mounths the media should of shown other key stories which i would class as breaking but i just tune into aljazeera

[edit on 7-9-2007 by manzoor]

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

but i just tune into aljazeera

yes,

got to love Al Jazeera, the special shows are amazing too. A nice break from the news.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok I can go along with the couple being suspicious from the start, but I don't think its fair all you people criticising the amount of media coverage this case was getting - cases like this need vast media attention if there is ever to be hope of an abducted child being found. The public need to be aware and alert, and the media can achieve this.

That said, this new evidence is interesting. I'm maintaining an open mind until she is actually charged with something though.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
yes thing i like about it is the shows but also the fact it shows differant news to what sky and bbc etc show such as when the playboy model died cant remember her name on aljazeera they would show the attacks in iraq etc what i would call real news.

but on the subject of madeline is her mum a suspect because of blood found in there car some one said some thing like that

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDomain

According to a statistic (I don't actually have the source), but I think a child goes missing every 3 hours in the world. Why do we never hear so much about them? ...even if they are found within a few days, Madeleine's case was all over the news within a matter of hours..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDomain

but cases of when a 17mounth baby i think was killed by her parents they were sentance for 9years i think but that didnt make it a top story you have to show other news not one all the time there was bombing in iraq while they were showing that dont you think the people should see what bloodshed is being spilled in iraq?

100% agree with you nickh

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDomain
Ok I can go along with the couple being suspicious from the start, but I don't think its fair all you people criticising the amount of media coverage this case was getting - cases like this need vast media attention if there is ever to be hope of an abducted child being found.

I'm not critisiseing (sp) the fact that they used the media but the way in which they did it, they seemed to be more interested in haveing the media film them going to church/walking on the beach/meeting the pope ect seemingly trying to give the impresion that they were good god fearing people who could do no wrong whilst only a little of the time was spent apealing for information.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nickh

I don't choose what is shown on the news. All I'm saying is that the media attention is a good thing in tracing a missing child.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Yes I can agree with all that, my post was purely in context of the media being useful in finding a missing child, not at how the McCann's used the media.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow, what a turn of events! I personally thought the parents came off as completely innocent, at least when you compare them to Jon Benet Ramsey's parents. I'm gonna say death was accidental, but that certainly doesn't excuse the cover-up.

The timing of the story is also perfect. Just what we need to divert our attention.

Peace

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

but cases of when a 17mounth baby i think was killed by her parents they were sentance for 9years i think but that didnt make it a top story you have to show other news not one all the time there was bombing in iraq while they were showing that dont you think the people should see what bloodshed is being spilled in iraq?

100% agree with you nickh

Not just killed, tortured to death by being cut with a knife and burned and these freaks will be out in under 5 years. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I had heard this morning that a syringe and sedatives were found in the room where the kids were. The news said the police believe that they sedated the kids at night to go out and party and that it may have been an overdose. Whether intention or not, they are liable. Who in their right mind drugs their kids so they can go out and party. What responsible parent leaves their children alone in a strange county in an unsupervised hotel room. If they find the child was drugged, throw them in jail, take away their kids and call it a day. No one needs individuals like this in the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cw034
I had heard this morning that a syringe and sedatives were found in the room where the kids were. The news said the police believe that they sedated the kids at night to go out and party and that it may have been an overdose. Whether intention or not, they are liable. Who in their right mind drugs their kids so they can go out and party. What responsible parent leaves their children alone in a strange county in an unsupervised hotel room. If they find the child was drugged, throw them in jail, take away their kids and call it a day. No one needs individuals like this in the world.

Totally agree. If that's true, it's bloody ridiculous in my opinion. I don't know how so many people are going to feel if they find out that the parents they've been pouring their hearts out for over the past few months actually instigated this whole thing themselves..

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cw034

Hmm, thats certainly a twist, do you have a source for this information? I don't know why the parents (both medically trained) would inject children with sedatives? Surely they'd know the risks. And also they were at a restaurant across from the apartments not out partying, and came back to check on the children every hour.

Could it have been they lost their tether with the kids not sleeping and decided to sedate them? It doesn't strike me as likely, and also what were they doing with a syringe there anyway?

I need to see the source of that news article to make any further comments on it

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You know, I have been wondering for quite some time now why the parents haven't gotten in any trouble for leaving their babies alone like that.

I don't know about Portugal or the U.K., but from what I understand here in the USA, that is called Child Endangerment and/or neglect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join