It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new electric car battery.500 miles.ultracapacitors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AiruiypUlqQb5M1oOed5B59k24cA

they say it could replace internalcombustion engine.

500 miles range.

uses super capacitors and a hybrid of batteries...$7 million invested so far....

charging it in 5 minutes to full capacity...

patents exist.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
siiiickkkk

I would love to have this kind of system for one of my autos within the next five-ten years to travel all over the country. Could this also be applied to aviation and rail travel I wonder?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I dont see why they couldnt use the technology in Planes and trains, the question is...will they?
I dont see oil being abolished anytime in the near future, It would be fantastic, but then how are the billionaires going to make more money...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I must say that this is, indeed, very promising technology. However, in order for this to really make a difference, we need to have a cleaner power grid. I think nuclear fission plants are currently our best solution.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thats a very good news. Positive thing is they have a patent, negative is, they are secretive like steorn.
Good article btw.

Same news is on CNN
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 10/9/2007 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

If they are secretive like Steorn, my money is that they are hoaxsters.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Fortunately not that secretive. They have a patent. It says they have supercapacitors of value 31 Farads that store >50kWh of energy.
However it all sounds far out there.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Well, we must bear in mind that an invention doesn't have to actually work as claimed to qualify for a patent. We need peer review here!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

I agree with you. However a peer review is not possible because they won't divulge the info. So this shall either hit the market hugely or will die a lonely death.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have a laundry list of things to say here and I'll probably vomit them out in no particular order but here goes.

First EEstor is NOT pulling a Steorn! The electric car company they are partnering with is respectable, well known, And most importantly satisfied enough with the progress towards production that they have put 3.8 million dollars worth of their money into Eestor. Most importantly though the car company did it the smart way and is adding money solelly based on EEstor being able to hit predefined and agreed upon milestones to production. This means whether ours and academias concerns are not lessened the people paying to bring this product to fruition are satisfied enough to keep writing checks.

Second I have been following the EEstor saga since 2005 when the first rumors etc crept out about their product. EEstor has not once lied to anyone that we know of yet and considering the heavy hitters investing in them they obviously haven't lied to them either.

Third and pretty darn important!! We all more or less know that quantum technological leaps that rock the boat can be killed strictly by bad publicity. EEstor is doing the sensible thing and keeping people out of the loop.

Fourth... Well what can I say in the last few months we've seen some truly amazing events take place in labs around the world. There are now demonstrably working quantum computers, several different groups are experimenting with negative refractivity index metamaterials which seem to be able to counteract the casimir effect, and all of the other misc stuff that was thought impossible or impractical until recently. I would be highly skeptical of criticisms from EEstor's COMPETITORS both in academia and the business realm. Keep in mind afterall a good many of those academics are and have been working with similar materials towards similar goals, the only difference is they FAILED!

Jealousy, backstabbing, thinly veilled intellectual property theft, and other nastiness is a daily occurence in todays competition for labspace, funding, tenure, and market share. The fact that the people criticizing them are all competitors some of which stand to lose credibillity and or their livelihood if EEstor suceeds. Do you make it a habit of trusting the Coke delivery guys asessment of the newest pepsi product? I would hope the answer is no.

new topics

top topics

join