It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bionic Woman (from the makers of Battlestar Galactica)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Coming to NBC Wednesday September 26th is the new reinvisioned Bionic Woman.

Bionic Woman Extended Preview New Series NBC

Official site

I'd expect that fans of Battlestar Galactica are going to really dig this show.
Not only is Bionic Woman is written by "Galactica” executive producers David Eick and Laeta Kalogridis but Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) plays the villainous Sarah Corvis.

I've seen the pilot and I've gotten a huge Weapon-X vibe from the show.
Like Wolverine, Jamie Sommers has been given implants that she never wanted and secret organizations are desperate to control her.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
..Jamie Sommers has been given implants that she never wanted

You know, I could do something with that but I won't.

Actually, I'm surprised they're remaking the Bionic Woman and not the Bionic Man, maybe the reason is the success of Alias.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think they went with Bionic Woman so they can grab female viewers, or maybe they thought the Six Million Dollar Man was too iconic to mess with.
Who knows.

An those implants, well Bionic Woman doesn't have them but they are mentioned in the pilot. IIRC her legs were replaced and her right arm, as well as her right ear and eye. It seems there is also some mystery implants too, specifically in her brain.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And the female lead was a star in a British soap opera called Eastenders.

Michelle Ryan

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Not that I have anything against this new lady in the lead role...but I wish they had chosen someone who resembled more the original bionic woman. Lindsay Wagner still rocks!

I hope the series is good, though. It used to be one of my favorites.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Coach Knight

The premier is on tonight, it's on right now in your timezone I believe.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Heh, I hate to say it, but IMO, they blew it by having a brunette for the lead.

Don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to work in this show, given the actress they chose.

Maybe time will tell a different story?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hope this is better than Eastenders! OMG I hate that show, no one has a washing machine, everyone's depressed and they can all afford to drink in the pub!!

Just a touch to young to remember the original! Wonder when it will come to Hong Kong?

MonKey...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Bionic Woman makes me think of two words, Predictive Programming. Anybody else

get that feeling?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Heh, I hate to say it, but IMO, they blew it by having a brunette for the lead.

Don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to work in this show, given the actress they chose.

Maybe time will tell a different story?

I really hope so, because I want to like this show. It's just that after watching the premier I am left with mixed feelings about it. I'm going to keep an open mind and try to go through a whole season before deciding. But I can't tell you how many times during the show I was thinking "why did they choose her?"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think that is the "problem" with the show. People really expect to see Lindsay Wagner when they see the name Bionic Woman. She was iconic and a sex symbol. I think when people let go of that notion they can really enjoy the show. For example my wife knows nothing about the 70's Bionic Woman, and she really likes this new show.

Bionic Woman is the highest rated new show of the fall season so far, so people are interested.
I've read that critics who have seen the next two episodes say it gets to be really good.

It would be nice if they could make the FX a bit better.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Watched it last night, or this morning rather, god I loooove DVR, and I liked it. I liked the original Bionic Woman, 'course that was when I was a teenager, so take that for what its worth...

It's going to be a bit darker than the original was. Not sure I like that, but I'll give it a chance.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If the new actress has what it takes people will accept her in a few episodes, it is always that way.

I will be happy as long as they still have the sound effect. I thought the eye effects were not that good, was expecting more terminator like. Maybe they will give her an upgrade.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's not easy for an actor to be able to step into a role that had been typecast. It's even harder for a female.

When you look at iconic female leads, the one that seem to embody the character best is Captain Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) of ST:V.

But other 'superheroines' haven't really been 'take charge' types. Lynda Carter was good as WW, but you had the sense that she'd crumple without the magic lasso.

So she's got an uphill battle and I wish her luck; though I missed the show.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think they went with Bionic Woman so they can grab female viewers, or maybe they thought the Six Million Dollar Man was too iconic to mess with.
Who knows.

An those implants, well Bionic Woman doesn't have them but they are mentioned in the pilot. IIRC her legs were replaced and her right arm, as well as her right ear and eye. It seems there is also some mystery implants too, specifically in her brain.

Well just a thought but maybe they wanted to capture a very important demographic 18-35 year old males...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dznetworks

6 Million Dollar Man wouldn't have gotten that audience?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well Im just saying that the show NOW has a very attractive star so that helps...

Im just curious about something hopefully this is enough spoiler space:

If the accident that almost cost Jaime her life was so bad that she had to be given implants--- how did her surgeon buddy survive with just barely a few scratches?

What is this PROGRAM they mentioned? Are these people all involved in the program thats why he survived the crash?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I really like the new show and was a bionic woman fan in my youth. I like seeing Starbuck(Katee Sackhoff) in the show, I think she makes it hot for us men. Michelle Ryan is perfect for this show IMO. She's hot as a brunette and has that lady/tom girl about her. I think the Six Million Dollar Man will probably follow suit in the future or maybe even get tied into this one somehow. With inflation gone up since the original SMDM, It will probably need to change it's title to The Billion or Trillion Dollar Man.
But so far so good. I like the new show and hope it get better down the road.

new topics

top topics

join