It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't get 5.1 sound.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey just got this new computer and i got the logitech X-530 speakers that come with 5 satelites and a sub. However i can only get the front left and front right speakers working. All the speakers work as i have plugged them in to see but like when i play a movie or episode or music only the FL and FR ones work. I went to control panel and then sound but there is no option to select 5.1 i was looking around windows media player and found something like..> devices>speakers... and there it had a setup to do 5.1. I did that and to set it up it played a little tune through each speaker and each speaker worked but when I went to play any media it was still just the 2 speakers working.
I am running Vista Home Premium. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm not sure how it works with Window Media Player for Vista, but if you use Media Player Classic supplied with K-Lite Codec Pack, it's through the View-->Options-->Audio Switcher-->Enable Custom Channel Mapping.

I had the same problem as you under Windows Media Player 9 for XP. Switched to Media Player Classic, haven't had the problem since.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What sound card have you got? Make sure you visit the card's manufacturer website for the latest Vista compatible drivers...

There are many Mixers/Mappers available online, depending on your soundcard make.

Try upgrading your player, use Winamp, or WMPlayer 11. Check the settings to make sure it's 5.1 surround.

Also, bear in mind that MP3 files are not meant to be surround - only 2 channel stereo, that is one of the probable causes of not getting the sound from all speakers. Check the settings of the player you're using.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
devices>speakers... and there it had a setup to do 5.1. I did that and to set it up it played a little tune through each speaker and each speaker worked but when I went to play any media it was still just the 2 speakers working.
I am running Vista Home Premium. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't select 5.1 at first. Select surround sound or quadraphonic or 7.1 and then shift to 5.1 later. The sound will stop for a few seconds, and then it will go back again. Got to give it time to adjust. Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I had this problem when I put in vista.
I have the same speakers too.

Basically , my gigabyte motherboard didnt have drivers that were vista compat...

so i didnt have a 5.1 option.

instead i went straight to realtek, and used the beta.

down with vista.

top topics

join