It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Submarine Base Under the Nevada Desert?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I hate to be the bubble popper here but there are no submarines in the desert well at least not in real life.
it is a training facility where they teach everyone how to run the equipment on the submarines. they have
mockups of all the control rooms. there was a pre-existing base at the location so instead of paying exhorbitant rent somewhere else they built in the desert. Easier to protect all their super secret tech. if they can see you coming a mile away.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A good place to hide cylinder UFOs and rods if anyone cares.
Just hearsay that a submarine was wired for the first levitation and
flight experiments by von Braun.
With heavy lifting transports the sub might be lifted out of Nevada to
the Pacific. Well a super advanced lifter.
Perhaps a new engine is being worked on and not weapons.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancrom
I hate to be the bubble popper here but there are no submarines in the desert well at least not in real life.
it is a training facility where they teach everyone how to run the equipment on the submarines. they have
mockups of all the control rooms. there was a pre-existing base at the location so instead of paying exhorbitant rent somewhere else they built in the desert. Easier to protect all their super secret tech. if they can see you coming a mile away.
Not to imply that you are wrong but I am just wondering how you know this? Do you work there or know someone ?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Its sensible to locate in the desert for points already mentioned, however there is additional reasons; the Navy also maintains its own space based weapon and spy program. It is perfect location to carry out testing and research programs.

The other point is the quantity of Nuclear Blasts carried out in Nevada over the years would have carved massive holes in the crust, at one time Russia was using nuclear weaponry as a tool to create caverns for various purposes. Any type of ground penetrating mapping would reveal large caverns and who knows what else as result of the testing over the years.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
USO's anyone?????

That craft to the upper right, looks mighty unique.....

www.navsea.navy.mil...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

If.you have knowledge of the tubes w/ maglev trains going across our country then nothing is impossible. From the Pacific to Hawthorn, NV. They gain access from the Bay go upriver to one of many islands where two tunnels were bored and dredged. Traveling east in man made water tubes, all fresh water, the sub base is below sea level to a underground marina under the Army Depot. There is an underground base under the depot, with freight elevators and passenger elevators transporting crews and supplies to the marina area. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I know this post is old. I just wanted to say when I lived in the Bay Area, it looked to me like the Sac River and the bay were pretty dang shallow once you get inland a little ways. I wonder if a sub could get any further east than Alameda NS.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
nvm

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I've wondered for sometime now if all the earthquakes we've been having isn't due to drilling new places to hide stuff at

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have seen that sign, “Naval Undersea Warfare…” Then you see a long road, out into the dessert, to what must be a guard station. Then there is nothing after that. I have always wondered, “How is there an “undersea” anything, out in the dessert, and I do not see anything around?” No buildings, nothing.

Hawthorne was an ammunition depot that made and tested ammunition. It closed in the 1980’s. The bunkers are still there. The base is still open and people live there. I do not know what is going on there now.

Walker Lake is receding. If you go to the museum at Pyramid Lake, about two hours from Walker Lake, you can see that the lake has even disappeared at one time in history.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We always wondered the honest reason our federal government wanted to move water to a dead end lake? Just to have water go there to die?

There are eight pieces of federal legislation that include Walker Lake
www.loc.gov...
including,
“The Walker River Basin Conservation and Stabilization Act of 1996 - Directs the Secretary of the Interior to participate in efforts… to implement, specified projects to assist in the stabilization of water quantity at Walker Lake for purposes of… including projects to establish a locally managed Walker River Water Bank to facilitate water transfers (from) the Walker River Basin in Nevada and California…”

Our federal government’s cover story was that the water was for the fish. However, there are fish in the Walker River. Why are the same fish in the Walker Lake more important?

So then, we thought that Hawthorne needed tourism to make up for the US Army depot shutting down. Why would fishermen’s hobby, be worth more than farmer’s livelihood?
Of course, our representative government said it would only buy water from “willing sellers.” It seems quite convenient that Nevada would enter a three-year drought. This would force discouraged farmers to sell their water rights, to the government. The Desert Research Institute, which is part of the University of Nevada at Reno, is a government institution that used to seed the clouds, which used to cause rain in the dessert. This goes with the theory that, the role of good representative government is to take money from its’ citizens, and used it against them.

So then, we thought the water was actually for Las Vegas. After all, Las Vegas is building a two hundred fifty mile long pipeline to bring water from Ely to Las Vegas.

So then, we thought it was for the votes. Maybe the Senate Majority Leader needed Hawthorne’s votes to win. However, Hawthorne’s population is 3,000; the two towns along the Walker River, that are going to loose their irrigation water, have a combined population of 6,000.

It is also interesting to note that the Navy’s “Naval Undersea Warfare” Center is only seventy-five miles from the Navy’s “Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center” (Top Gun).

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: The1SkyMaster

Top Gun only relatively recently moved to the area. It was also only recently incorporated into the strike warfare program. NAS Fallon until the late 1990s/early 2000s was MCAS Fallon, and Top Gun was at NAS Miramar in California, near San Diego.

When the decision was made to incorporate the programs the Navy needed more room for ranges, so they switched the two bases. Miramar became MCAS Miramar, and Fallon became NAS Fallon.

By the time the switch occurred, a lot of the big activity at NAVSEA was winding down quite a bit.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good to hear from the Great John Lear!!!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nuclear submarine power plants were developed in the high desert near Idaho Falls. Lots of UFO lore surrounding that area.
Jacques Vallée helped with a movie out there. Back in the 70's when I was traveling out to the west coast on "secondary highways", I chose a route that passed INL and was surprised by the eerie lights out in the desert and all the miles of fences with area 51 style warnings. INL was Founded back in 1949 so they must have been playing with nuclear submarine plants since then.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

USS Nautilus was the first nuclear powered sub. She was authorized in 1951 and launched in 1954.

IIRC, they were looking at power plants before they started building the first atomic bombs.
edit on 5/18/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The plot thickens.
So maybe the German U boat program was working on nuclear propulsion starting about 1935?

There were Norwegian U boat facilities established in Norway.

These included Bergen, Narvik, Trondheim, Hammerfest and Kirkenes. Over 240 U-boats were stationed in Norway at various times during the war, most of them were members of the 11th U-boat Flotilla which had 190 U-boats in its fleet during the flotilla's career.

No history lesson would be complete without the Norwegian heavy water sabotage(probably an inside job to fool Hitler).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

The first navalized reactors didn't start development until the 1940s. The Norway pens were to give the German boats faster access to the Atlantic, as well as a forward base for repairs.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If such a lake were open to the sea naturally that lake would be affected by tidal changes I imagine especially if it was big enough to drive a nuclear submarine through. If the passageway was large enough it would be detected by our sensors during earthquakes. Our sensors and see deep into the core because of seismic activity. Recently it was stated that our core has three parts rather than two, but I do not know if that has been verified. I don't even remember where I read it.

I can tell you underwater warfare training operations are carried out in lakes, divers must be able to know how to adjust to the differences in waters of different salinity from fresh to salt. I do know about and have been on submarines. At times I actually knew more about where the sub was going when most of its crew did not. A few times when I decided to eat with enlisted men rather than with the officers I would listen to them speculate where we were going. Once I joked when one guy asked why I was on board. I said they are taking me back to my spaceship with replacement parts only the United States could replicate. Silence, then laughter came out of that one. Most of the times when I did know I would tell them I did not know but wherever it was I would say they picked the best boat and crew for the mission. Subs had the best food. Its too bad my health ended my career path to be a naval officer serving in command on submarines. My favorite boat I was on will probably be always be USS Key West. Tough my dream ever since I was a little kid was to one day command USS Seawolf.

Now someone mentioned Lake Tahoe, here is what I know: There was once a Navy FOB for training in Lake Tahoe. It had the deep fresh water conditions of a fresh water lake in Russia so it offered the same conditions. I called it a FOB but it was set up like a US Navy FOB secret base would be as if they were operating in Russia. An officer I once spoken to had brought it up about the US Forests river ways and lakes that the Navy and Marines would set up and train in here in California during the cold war, especially in the run up and during the Vietnam war and Cold War.

Remember, underwater warfare training does not just mean blue water submarine encounters, or ASW. A lot of it is as small as small underwater drones that use AI often tested in lakes, to using secret agents that use waterways just to infiltrate a population. I know for a fact these training operations can be mundane as observing a citizen do normal mundane things. Most are citizens that know and participate so later they can be asked to verify they did what they were claimed to be observed doing. One officer said he had went on vacation and had challenged his men to find him and at night covertly place a case of beer and ice in an empty cooler he would have set up. He said it was actually a second try, the first time he told them to put beer in a cooler, they simply followed him secretly and filled it at a rest stop. Clever but it was not what he intended. I am not in a position to confirm or deny that a passage underwater reaches into a land locked state. The technology needed to engineer such a passage does exist. It would be a major undertaking. I would imaging a way to keep salt water flow into the lake is possible but why would they need to move submarines into lakes, it makes no logical sense.
a reply to: infinite8

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So I wonder if most of America as well as other countries around the world are floating on the ocean. . . .

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
Well, if so, we'd better be careful about tipping over.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join